You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Help? Please? Need someone good with computers.

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 am

MarttiH wrote:Usually laptop back panel is removable, all you need is screwdriver. But even if you open your back panel, disconnect the hard drive and then put it back and it still doesn't work, then what you gonna do next? You can't fix it on your own. As I said before, easiest way is to contact with local cable guy and see what are your options. Usually Fujitsu Siemens hard drives depending on size costs 60€ - 125€.

Is there any chance I could just reformat it? Also, what could be the cause of this If it is indeed my hard drive?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Help? Please? Need someone good with computers.

Postby MarttiH » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:41 am

Ofcourse, format is always the easiest way to fix the problem. All you need is operation system installation disc.
MarttiH
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:47 am

MarttiH wrote:Ofcourse, format is always the easiest way to fix the problem. All you need is operation system installation disc.

Hard drive problems > Format.
Damn nigga computers you **** up.
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:14 am

Also, is it better to just get a new hard drive and why so?
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 am

There are 2 possibilities:

a. Damage windows system file, either of a bad hard disk error or a virus deletion / corruption of the file. Solution: Format and re-install OS (or do a full recovery depending on the laptop - many of them have those option). If that scenario goes well and your laptop is operating, watch out in the future for viruses/trojans etc. (Don't press OK to every window opens).

b. Damage hard drive. As many pointed out, you just have to buy a new one and probably go with your laptop to the store to install the new one and re-install Operating System etc.

Although option b is the most probable (as already said) because hard drives of laptops tend to be broken and probably a new, better in specifications hard drive would be better for the overall performance of the laptop, I would advice you to try option a. first (format + install OS) as it is the cheapest and easiest.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:55 pm

My main concern is Hotspot shield, is that mainly known for viruses? Should I just steer clear of it anyway?
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby fiixed » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 am

Online computer support services tend to be a lot cheaper. my company uses one called super cheap it.

http://supercheapit.com

its like $29.95 or something. hope this helps :D
fiixed
First post

Postby BayernLove » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Basically I've been told it's (the hard drive) is deadpool and it can't be fixed by formatting. Why is this so? Why does this error even occur.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:57 pm

BayernLove wrote:Basically I've been told it's (the hard drive) is deadpool and it can't be fixed by formatting. Why is this so? Why does this error even occur.

this happened once to my brothers laptop

it was plugged in the charger and the adapter of our neighbour overheated a bit , so electricity went out for around 3 seconds then went back

when my brother turned his laptop on , His laptops hard drive was DEAD and it had to be replaced
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:12 pm

BayernLove wrote:Basically I've been told it's (the hard drive) is deadpool and it can't be fixed by formatting. Why is this so? Why does this error even occur.

A hard disk is a mechanical device and is not reliable, especially in laptops which are more susceptible to vibrations and knocks.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Element wrote:

this happened once to my brothers laptop

it was plugged in the charger and the adapter of our neighbour overheated a bit , so electricity went out for around 3 seconds then went back

when my brother turned his laptop on , His laptops hard drive was DEAD and it had to be replaced

Actually it's not that uncommon in laptop hard drives because of the movement. There is a high risk of hard disk failure in those devices with optical drives (not chip based memories).

There is only one good advice in PC/laptops/mobiles that I give to my friends: "Always make sure you take backup(s)".
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Well, these days there are also SSD drives that are much more reliable, especially on laptops.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:59 pm

MUTU wrote:Well, these days there are also SSD drives that are much more reliable, especially on laptops.

Agree. Ssd are more reliable (cause they work different) , a lot faster BUT more expensive :sad:

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:54 pm

MUTU wrote:Well, these days there are also SSD drives that are much more reliable, especially on laptops.

Agree. Ssd are more reliable (cause they work different) , a lot faster BUT more expensive :sad:

Definitely more expensive. But they are so much faster, especially on moveable devices like laptops. With traditional hard disks, every vibration slows down the read and write speed, so they are horrible for laptops. SSD is like a USB drive in a way, but REALLY fast. It makes your PC boot up in a matter of a few seconds.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Suggestions & Support