You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Forum's progress and suggestions thread

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Forum's progress and suggestions thread

Postby dracus » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:22 pm

I was waiting for the perfect moment to post the thread
Stats:The forum has now a total of 151 registered users,3280 articles and 21,the max no of people visiting the forum at a time.

This is a thread in which all the users can discuss about the forum's progress and aid in it's development by giving any sort of comments or suggestions.It can be talked about major problems the forum is facing or how to promote the forum.Just post your ideas when you get one :wink:
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:30 pm

Let's kickstart this topic.
I think the major problems the forum is facing is
1 Not much of posters(Out of all the registered only 10% post)
2 Not a that active forum
....... :P
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:21 pm

To be honest I've always preferred forums where there aren't 100 active posters at a time. It's nearabouts right here, but yes we could do with about 10 more active posters. Well I don't know, what does everybody else think?

It's a shame people sign up and then never post, I don't get that. Maybe MUTU can send an email out to all registered members and give them a good kick up the bum.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:36 pm

I think the key area as far as new posters are concerned is simply that, MUTU, Dracus, FA, TracyLyn, FanOfBayern, Myself, Sweinirules, Mirage, Supr4king and Podolski4life have the vast majority of posts, this could prove intimidating to many new posters, I know that when someone joins a forum as sees a sort of 'established' community it becomes difficult for them to feel comfortable

secondly, Mark, how goes the advertising? have you seen an improvement?

I'm not sure how many other non official Bayern sites there are, but it could be worthwhile establishing some form of affiliation with some more reputable ones
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fa » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:05 pm

I do hope that no one is afraid to post or share his/her opinion!! Its normal that some people post more often than others, but once again: Everyone's opinion is appreciated!! :wink:
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:36 pm

From my experience on other boards is that I would not post not because I was scared or anything, but that someone else had express my thoughts so I did not feel the need to say the same thing over again. Also, there were times were I simply would rather read and not say anything. Of course, there were times when I would post and no one would respond to my post, which made me feel unwanted so I stopped posting. This board is not like that at all. :D

Bayern is a global team. They have fans all over the world. The problem could be that there are fans out there who would like to express their thoughts but are uncomfortable writing in English. Some may be embarrassed because their English is not good at all and just don't realized that people don't care if their English is not perfect.

For me, I would love to see more people participate on the board because everyone has something to contribute and I can always learn more about Bayern and their fans. :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:53 pm

So the main problem is not of getting signups, but converting the signups into posts. Agree with Mirage, an email would be the best shot at doing that.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:59 pm

A lot of spammers are posting a lot of trash.I wonder how could we take some action
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:31 pm

dracus wrote:A lot of spammers are posting a lot of trash.I wonder how could we take some action

I know this is a problem on a lot of boards but I think there really is not way to prevent it, unless they go to where any new member has to be approved before joining. Or, their first post has to be approved before it's allowed on the board. Other wise they just have to delete the spammer's post and threads as they come along.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:27 pm

kevh26 wrote:I think the key area as far as new posters are concerned is simply that, MUTU, Dracus, FA, TracyLyn, FanOfBayern, Myself, Sweinirules, Mirage, Supr4king and Podolski4life have the vast majority of posts, this could prove intimidating to many new posters, I know that when someone joins a forum as sees a sort of 'established' community it becomes difficult for them to feel comfortable

Good point. That's why I put the introduction thread, so people have a place where to start from :)

kevh26 wrote:secondly, Mark, how goes the advertising? have you seen an improvement?

Not really. Up to now I've only made financial loss on the website. And things don't show any signs of improving, especially now that I'll be moving us to ultra reliable web hosting (which is more expensive) since the current web hosting is giving reliability problems which I'm sure all the regulars have come across every now and then.

kevh26 wrote:I'm not sure how many other non official Bayern sites there are, but it could be worthwhile establishing some form of affiliation with some more reputable ones

I had looked around, but all the ones I found were in German, so that's not very targetted traffic. Maybe I'll look around later, or maybe someone here knows about some other English site?

dracus wrote:A lot of spammers are posting a lot of trash.I wonder how could we take some action

Unfortunately there's not much we can do about this. But we now have 3 moderators who can help delete the spam threads as soon as we can.
Last edited by MUTU on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dracus » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:17 pm

MUTU wrote:Unfortunately there's not much we can do about this. But we now have 3 moderators who can help delete the spam threads as soon as we can.

It would only be useful if the 3 moderators visit the forum at different times.i.e. at regular intervals of 8 hours.But since they seem to have similiar world times,it gets delayed in clearing the junk that has been posted
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:59 pm

Some final suggestions
---I think mark can start a java enabled chat if he doesn't have any problem with that.This will make this place more lively
---We must start a new column to post thread related to bayern users.They are not meant for miscelanneous,right?.We can have something lik
'Forum Talk'-Talk about the forum and bayern posters here.something like that
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:06 pm

Well as a new poster you have to start posting sometimes and if you see that no one is giving you attention you stop. Or at least that´s what I do. I hope I don´t post too much (spam). If I do, let me know.
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:11 pm

MUTU there is this site fcbayern.fr which is obviously in french has a lot information about bayern and it updated often...the thing is that site has a section with videos ( jusst like u did) so any bayern game after one day top youv got the video to download it and watch it :lol: :D
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:12 pm

plus thev got a webcam on alllianz arena and u can admire the stadium :lol: :D
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Suggestions & Support