You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dedicated thread for external articles

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

Dedicated thread for external articles

Postby dambun » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 pm

I would very much like it if there is a generic thread in our forum, where people ONLY share links of quality/featured articles about Bayern from all over the web.

One of the things I do, almost on a daily basis, is to check on some of the websites I know and see whether or not there is a new article/analysis about Bayern... I usually like to read Raphael Hoenigstein and Uli Hesse's viewpoints for example...Yet, once in a while, I find that there has been some really good stuff written somewhere that I've been negligent of...

The benefit of such a thread is that, once one of us finds something worth reading, he can simply share it with others, which makes it much easier for many of us to find those articles from various sources... At the same time, from the forum's point of view, It provides yet another reason to check up on the forum more regularly...

one might say that, the article links can, right now, be posted on different threads based on the it's material!... first of all, I think for many of the pieces one might not find a properly suited thread, or might find more than one... Second, Not all of us read all of the threads regularly, so if the links are not being concentrated the way I described above, there is a good chance many of the links are not seen by some of the fans... As it happened for me with some of the best features I've ever read!

I think it's, overall, a good idea: will bring a unique extra feature to our forum and will make it more pleasant for many of the fans, if realized properly... If anyone sees any negative sides to this idea, I'm of course open to discussion!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Re: Dedicated thread for external articles

Postby dambun » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 pm

The most important thing about such a thread, IMO, is that it should be used ONLY for sharing QUALITY articles about/related to Bayern... Basically anything worth reading....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:27 am

dambun wrote:If anyone sees any negative sides to this idea, I'm of course open to discussion!

Cross-posting. The same issue may end up being discussed both in this thread as well as in its more relevant thread. E.g. if someone suggests that Emre Can should be called up to play for Germany, this may end up being discussed in the Emre Can player discussion thread and also on this new thread. It would be better if the link is posted only on the Emre Can player discussion thread.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:32 am

I agree with MUTU on this one.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby dambun » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:40 pm

MUTU wrote:
dambun wrote:If anyone sees any negative sides to this idea, I'm of course open to discussion!

Cross-posting. The same issue may end up being discussed both in this thread as well as in its more relevant thread. E.g. if someone suggests that Emre Can should be called up to play for Germany, this may end up being discussed in the Emre Can player discussion thread and also on this new thread. It would be better if the link is posted only on the Emre Can player discussion thread.

That's a good point Mark... But that is only one side of the story... the other (positive) side of this thread should not be neglected...

There is another way to get around this I guess... via adding another button for External Articles. It can be basically the same as the [URL] button, but with the added functionality that every time it is used, it automatically creates a new post in the above mentioned thread... It shouldn't be hard to implement, I guess... Or maybe I'm right...

It's all a suggestion, though... I think it could be a good idea and it can attract more fans to the forum... It certainly makes the forum more interesting from my point of view... But if others find it useless, It's Ok... I'm in no position to insist on it...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby lau03143 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:41 pm

I don't see any benefit having a separate thread.

You might as well put the article in the correct thread.

Maybe there could be a locked thread to good sources etc, but I see no point in linking articles to one thread.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:42 pm

I could see it being useful for random articles about Bayern rather than something related to a player or tactics. But then again that is what we mostly use the Miscellaneous thread for.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Suggestions & Support