You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

BayernForum Trolling

Do you have any suggestions for BayernForum.com? Any difficulties using the forum? Ask away!

BayernForum Trolling

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:36 am

Its one thing to disagree with Bayern management decisions to sign certain players but when entire post or all your posts are just full of trolling about signing spanish players and dont offer constructive criticism then it has no place here.

Not everyone who disagrees with Bayern decisions is doing this but a few are and it disrupts the good conversations. The mods and admins are pretty chill and let a lot things slide but dont make that have to change.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: BayernForum Trolling

Postby Jorsett » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:51 am

Woah! What did I miss?
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:53 am

Jorsett wrote:Woah! What did I miss?

Martinez out for the season, just sogned Benatia and BayernForum is about to explode once Xabi Alonso is signed :P

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Badger » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:56 am

This isn't the only trolling. We're seeing new members recently, who have a clever form of borderline trolling: it's nearly all negativity but not extreme enough to be banned from the forum.

I have wondered for some time whether MUTU could build what I'd call a troll monitoring function into the forum for new members like this. It would be vaguely like the ignore function, except that when a moderator applies the troll monitoring function to a member, that member's posts are hidden to everyone but moderators. After monitoring the member for a period, the function can be switched off if the member is worth it, or the member banned outright.

Sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and things aren't always positive, but the amount of negativity, from some deluded members who sound as if they know how to run Bayern better than Pep and the board, is quite tiresome at times. No, things aren't all positive, but a football forum's philosophy must be largely about members enjoying things together, seeing some positives and hoping for the future of the club.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:58 am

Constant negativity is actually against the rules. The problem is that it can be hard to distinguish between a troll and someone who just happens to disagree with most things currently being done, but who actually happens to be a genuine member who would like to discuss.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:12 am

If you're talking about LEROI, he was README, the most persistent BayernForum.com troll and he's now been banned and removed for like the 20th time or so.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:44 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Constant negativity is actually against the rules. The problem is that it can be hard to distinguish between a troll and someone who just happens to disagree with most things currently being done, but who actually happens to be a genuine member who would like to discuss.

That's a good point, but the thing is that many new members are just joining for the sake of bashing Pep and the board. They haven't actually been in a constructive discussion. A lot of us have opposing views on many different topics, but we are here to enjoy these differences and not just to promote one and get away.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

BayernForum Trolling

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:22 am

I hope people dont think this is some Stalin dictatorship, opposing viewpoints are very much welcome ask guys like KevinX and Borusse :P

And also a lot of off topic banter is excused by the mods and admins as well, as long as it doesn't drag on for too long but when a post is just filled with stuff like "Pep is turning Bayern into Barca" or "Bayern is the new Spain" isnt constructive and only causes needless arguments amongst members.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:56 pm

MUTU wrote:If you're talking about LEROI, he was README, the most persistent BayernForum.com troll and he's now been banned and removed for like the 20th time or so.

If he ever nicks himself CAPSLOCK I'd say he has started himself on his way to maturity.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby OhioFan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:28 pm

The trolling will probably increase a lot if we don't win our first 20 or 25 matches to start the season. It will all be Pep's fault. :shock:

Considering I am of Bavarian ancestry, I would prefer more Bavarians/Germans on the team. But if we win another triple who will be complaining about too many Spaniards on the team.
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby runaway » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:12 pm

We don't need advanced tech to deal with trolls. Just ignore those comments and posts. About Pep, about Sapin, about Kroos, about Bavarian purity...

It's a never ending cycle of repetition. Yes, I just posted a redundant sentence.

I have no German connection whatsoever and my interest started when I discovered Alaba. As long as we continue developing talent, keep our youth products on our team, and remain true to the values that made Bayern who it is, I can't give a fck if we buy players from Mars. We already have an alien in the team anyway, they'll feel at home.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Lukas » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Having lived in Munich and got to know the club during that time, I like the special identity the club has. A giant club that still manages to live within it's means and develop talent from the local area and Germany as a whole. If this was ever threatened I would not be happy, but the guys in charge would never let this happen so I don't get why people are moaning. Different influences from 'outside' are always welcome as long as they don't take over and dominate, which is not the case at Bayern.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby pyrasur » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:45 am

runaway wrote:We don't need advanced tech to deal with trolls. Just ignore those comments and posts. About Pep, about Sapin, about Kroos, about Bavarian purity...

It's a never ending cycle of repetition. Yes, I just posted a redundant sentence.

I have no German connection whatsoever and my interest started when I discovered Alaba. As long as we continue developing talent, keep our youth products on our team, and remain true to the values that made Bayern who it is, I can't give a fck if we buy players from Mars. We already have an alien in the team anyway, they'll feel at home.

via Tapatalk

I think this is what Bayern should be all about. At the core there is a part that is Bavarian and that should never change; it anchors the team and gives it identity. But the club should always embrace outside influences if they are for the better. But in the end, these outsiders can become just as Bavarian as the natives, if they choose. Give me someone who makes his choice, rather than someone who has his choice made for him.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Damn, luckily I'm not here often enough or else I'd get banned. :D
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:11 pm

The only member I saw banned was that guy README and he keeps coming back. ;)

Pessimism or Negativity is alright. Because people either see the glass half-full or half-empty. But constant, illogical hate talk is just not healthy to read and if we want that kind, then we go to reddit and comments section of goal.com.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Next

Return to Suggestions & Support