You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Zinedine Zidane

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Zinedine Zidane

Postby charger256 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:05 pm

Zinedine Zidane told German newspaper ‘Bild’ that he would have gladly played for the Bavarian heavyweights, Bayern Munich.

“Unfortunately I never recieved an offer, but I always had Bayern in my eyes and I have admired them”, declared the French football legend, Zidane.

For Zidane, Bayern Munich is an Institution.

‘Zizou’ thinks that Bayern Munich, together with Real Madrid, AC Milan and Manchester United, are one of the four best clubs in the world.

Too bad he retired :)
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:54 pm

wow!!..
that's good to know Zizou..:)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soccerkyle » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:00 pm

Zidane at Bayern would of been a dream come true for me
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:07 pm

soccerkyle wrote:Zidane at Bayern would of been a dream come true for me

Same here.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:34 am

We HAVE the next Zidane....... FRANCK RIBERY!!!!!!!

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:24 pm

SNAKE wrote:We HAVE the next Zidane....... FRANCK RIBERY!!!!!!!

SNAKE

There will never be any player that good ever again. Forget about Pele, Maradona or Ronaldinho... Zidane is for me the best player that ever lived.

Ribery is fantastic but not as fantastic as Zidane.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:32 pm

Paddy wrote:
SNAKE wrote:We HAVE the next Zidane....... FRANCK RIBERY!!!!!!!

SNAKE

There will never be any player that good ever again. Forget about Pele, Maradona or Ronaldinho... Zidane is for me the best player that ever lived.

Ribery is fantastic but not as fantastic as Zidane.

Much as I like Zidane, I still prefer Effenberg to him. It's my opinion, which is of course biased, but it's what I believe. Effenberg was a more complete player than Zidane in my opinion. Zidane wasn't particularly good defensively, whereas Effenberg could defend, attack, lead (IMO a better leader than Zidane) and possessed great vision.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:51 pm

Ziadne was most better striker, dribbler, passer, visioner and had a better flair . While Effenberg was very good at those things (except for dribbling and flair) Zidane was better.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:13 pm

Paddy wrote:Ziadne was most better striker, dribbler, passer, visioner and had a better flair . While Effenberg was very good at those things (except for dribbling and flair) Zidane was better.

Well here's my opinion (based on Football Manager categories):

Strength

Natural Fitness - Effenberg
Stamina - Effenberg
Strength - Effenberg
Work Rate - Effenberg

Aerobic

Acceleration - Zidane
Agility - Zidane
Balance - Effenberg
Jumping - Zidane
Pace - Zidane
Reflexes - Zidane

Tactics

Anticipation - Effenberg
Decisions - Effenberg
Off the Ball - Effenberg
Positioning - Zidane
Teamwork - Effenberg

Ball Control

Dribbling - Zidane
First Touch - Zidane
Flair - Zidane
Heading - Effenberg
Technique - Zidane

Defending

Concentration - Effenberg
Marking - Effenberg
Tackling - Effenberg

Attacking

Creativity - Zidane
Passing - Draw

Shooting

Composure - Effenberg
Finishing - Zidane
Long Shots - Zidane

Set Pieces

Corners - Effenberg
Crossing - Effenberg
Free Kicks - Zidane
Long Throws - Effenberg
Penalty Taking - Zidane

Effenberg - 17.5 points
Zidane - 15.5 points

Of course, my opinion :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SNAKE » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:46 am

I agree with Mutu on Effenberg, he really was a great midfielder a true playmaker till the end, although the only difference is that Zidane had more fame than Effenberg so that what makes Effenberg in Zidane's shadow. Paddy before you can speak about Zidane being better than Zidane i suggest that you should watch his career videos.....your message was a lot over the limit. Pele was the best striker in football history and Maradona the best overall player 3x much better than Ronaldinho for sure or Zidane for that matter. Its true its your opinion but you should really watch some career clips of Diego, it was a real shame that he had to stop playing early (atleast that what i've heard of)

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:09 am

In terms of flair and dribbling no one can compare to Ronaldinho imo.... and Pele and Maradona cannot compare to todays players because the game back then wasnt so tough and full of competition like it is today. What Maradona did against England is almost impossible.
For me Effenberg, while a great player, isn´t nowhere near Zidane. Zidane was way superior in dribbling, pace, scoring, deciding big matches, vision (he always knew what to do- pass, dribble or shoot), he could decide the game with his dribbling and then scoring, while Effenberg couldn´t dribble.
And awards Zidane won speak for themself.
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:42 pm

Paddy wrote:In terms of flair and dribbling no one can compare to Ronaldinho imo.... and Pele and Maradona cannot compare to todays players because the game back then wasnt so tough and full of competition like it is today. What Maradona did against England is almost impossible.
For me Effenberg, while a great player, isn´t nowhere near Zidane. Zidane was way superior in dribbling, pace, scoring, deciding big matches, vision (he always knew what to do- pass, dribble or shoot), he could decide the game with his dribbling and then scoring, while Effenberg couldn´t dribble.
And awards Zidane won speak for themself.

WORD.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Here's a shocker......I agree with Paddy. Heck, this is his second post that I have agreed with. The other being about Beckham and his looks (that post is in the Spanish thread).
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:28 am

Paddy wrote:What Maradona did against England is almost impossible.

Messi did a similar, probably better one against Getafe last season.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:41 am

Paddy wrote:For me Effenberg, while a great player, isn´t nowhere near Zidane. Zidane was way superior in dribbling, pace, scoring, deciding big matches, vision (he always knew what to do- pass, dribble or shoot), he could decide the game with his dribbling and then scoring, while Effenberg couldn´t dribble.

dribbling - I agree
pace - I agree
scoring - out of the question... Zidane played in a more offensive position, of course he was supposed to score more
deciding big matches - just a wild guess? how many important matches did Effenberg play in? One - the CL final, which he decided by scoring 2 penalties. Zidane did well in a WC final against Brazil and in the CL final against Leverkusen, but what did he do in his last important match?
vision - personally, I'd take Effenberg's vision any day over Zidane's :)
he could decide the game with his dribbling and then scoring - Effenberg could decide the game with his tackling, winning the ball and assisting his team mate
while Effenberg couldn´t dribble - yeah, and Zidane couldn't tackle...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion