You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Zé Roberto [José Roberto da Silva Júnior]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Zé Roberto [José Roberto da Silva Júnior]

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:46 pm

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) -- Two-time Brazilian champion Santos said Thursday it signed Brazil midfielder Ze Roberto until July 2007.

Ze Roberto, a member of Brazil's World Cup squad this year in Germany and in 1998 in France, was without a club since failing to extend his contract with German club Bayern Munich in May.

The 32-year-old player will be officially introduced at Santos' Vila Belmiro stadium on Friday, the club said.

Official details were not immediately available. Local media said Ze Roberto's monthly salary could reach nearly $235,000.

Several Brazilian clubs were after Ze Roberto, including powerhouses Corinthians and Sao Paulo.

Ze Roberto was the only Brazil player included by FIFA in the 2006 World Cup's all-star squad. He scored a goal in Brazil's 3-0 win over Ghana in the second round. Brazil was eliminated by eventual runner-up France in the quarterfinals.

The midfielder, who successfully underwent arthroscopic knee surgery after the World Cup, won three German league titles in his four years with Bayern Munich. He helped Bayern Leverkusen to a runner-up finish in the Champions League in 2002.

Ze Roberto hasn't played in Brazilian soccer since signing with Bayern Leverkusen in 1998. He also had a brief stint with Spanish club Real Madrid in 1997.

Ze Roberto, whose first club in Brazil was Portuguesa, helped Brazil win the Copa America in 1997 and 1999, and the Confederations Cup in 1997 and 2005.

Santos, led by former Real Madrid coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo, is second in the 20-team Brazilian league with 35 points from 21 matches. It lost 2-1 to Atletico Paranaense in Curitiba on Wednesday. Leader Sao Paulo had 38 points from 19 matches.

Santos, made famous by Pele in the early 1960s, won the Brazilian league in 2002 and 2004.
Last edited by MUTU on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:41 am

I am glad he left...I never liked him..:D..
he never performed well for bayern..
number of games in which he was at his best must be in single digits..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:14 am

fanOfBayern wrote:I am glad he left...I never liked him..:D..
he never performed well for bayern..
number of games in which he was at his best must be in single digits..

I completely disagree. I feel he was one of our key players. He used to give loads of assists. And he used to open up play for us with his mazy dribbles.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:06 pm

I'm in complete agreement with Mark here, he was fantastic, had he stayed, a combination of lahm, sagnol, schweini, deisler and ze would have been amazing (and quick)
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:12 pm

kevh26 wrote:I'm in complete agreement with Mark here, he was fantastic, had he stayed, a combination of lahm, sagnol, schweini, deisler and ze would have been amazing (and quick)

You know what?..
Diesler and Schweinstieger never played a full game together (unless ze roberto was injured)...he is highly rated but never performs...
compare his performances for bayern and his national team..
believe it or not...he just sucked for Bayern..
even magath admitted that..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:28 pm

It's true that Deisler and Schweinsteiger didn't play much together, but there are reasons. First, they are similar players whereas Ze Roberto is different. Secondly, Deisler doesn't play so many games due to injury and mental illness.

I've always felt that Ze Roberto was a key player in our squad. The only thing he had lacking was his composure in front of goal. He could give pinpoint crosses, do all fancy footwork, but give him a gaping goal and chances are he'd miss it.

Magath used to like him as well; if he didn't, he wouldn't have been the winger who played most games for Bayern ;) Personally I loved him. He was our best dribbler. It's happened several times that the game would be locked, in the sense that no team could do anything and he'd get a ball out of nowhere, dribble past 3 opponents and the 4th one fouls him, and he'd win you the foul from a dangerous position. He was a work horse too. He didn't wait for the ball, he ran around to get it.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Sabik » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:34 pm

I was sad when I heard that Zé will left us. In my opinion he was a good player with lots of assists and his technical abilities were amazing.

I hope for him that he gets well soon and that he has a great time with Santos.

For the Bundesliga it is not good to loose such a player.
Sabik
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:47 am

Press conference of Ze Roberto in Portuguese.

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SNAKE » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:31 am

Great Vid, Can somone translate pls???? :lol: :lol:

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:37 pm

kevh26 wrote:I'm in complete agreement with Mark here, he was fantastic, had he stayed, a combination of lahm, sagnol, schweini, deisler and ze would have been amazing (and quick)

He was terribly ridiculous if you compare his National team form with respect to bayern.Partly his fault and partly manager's.He does not play very wide for brazil but played alongside emerson in a box midfield.But i am glad he's gone and he cost schweini place in the starting-lineup.Again the only thing i'm not glad about is that he left on a free transfer
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Zé Roberto (José Roberto da Silva Júnior)

Postby alex » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:37 pm

Ottmar Hitzfeld confirmed interest in bringing back Ze Roberto and said that he is an alternative that Bayern would consider.

The news confirms yet again how desperate we are to find a player who can actually use his left foot on the flank. It's agonizing to watch our wingers unable to cross the ball unless they switch to their right foot time and time and time again.
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:41 pm

?????????? What!? Theres very little possibility about this transfer.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby alex » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:34 am

yeah i know, but anyway, kicker magazine is the news source about this one. No idea about the reliability here but the news was cited as a quotation.
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:51 pm

yes i agree this is a very unlikely transfer but i would like to see him here honestly. he's creative, a good dribbler, crosser and can certainly use his left foot to do this. i looked him up on wikipedia after seeing this thread to find out exactly how old he is now and found this quote from the page interesting.

"Following the announcement that he would not return to Bayern Munich, he publicly criticized the club's style of play and predicted struggles if changes were not made."

this clearly turned out to be true...

he is old and as said in the quote he would not return to bayern but he is still a worthy player for the new bayern i think and he does keep in mind his contract does run out at the end of the season so if he goes anywhere then it will be on a free so that can be taken into account.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fa » Sat May 05, 2007 2:19 pm

The chances that Ze Roberto joins Bayern next season are increasing. In an interview with SPORT1 he states that his Berator is underway to Munich. This is quite amazing, since Bayern already signed Altintop and Sosa both able to play on the side of the pitch. If this is true, the board is trying to add some experience in the team.

http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_1151039.html
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion