You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Zé Roberto [José Roberto da Silva Júnior]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby alex » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:40 pm

FC Bajern wrote:Man. If the Brazilian league is ongoing 'till the end of the month then he will be exhausted when he arrives, and he is 32!! holly sh!t

Even if he's 32 so what? actually he'll be 33 in a few days and he'll be bringing all his experience back to Bayern's midfield! He's a free transfer and by adding him we'll have a mixture of talented players in their early twenties like Schweini, Ribery, Ottl and Sosa and experienced players in the shape of Van Bommel and Ze.

And even if he was exhausted, Hitzfeld is renowned for his rotation policy and Bayern have numerous players to fill Ze's position, whether on the left flank or in CDM. Ze would be a welcome addition to the team, a talented player, a great passer, a mazy dribbler, a hard-running CDM and above all someone, who won't cost you millions and gets irritated each time he gets substituted or comes off the bench. Ze is exactly what we need, Strength in Depth.
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:16 am

I agree with you that he is very experienced, but the midfield is the most challenging part of the game, you have to go back and fourth and you get a little tired, hopefully you are right.
FC Bajern

Ze Roberto Wants Roma Move

Postby diegis » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:40 am

The Brazilian international player offered himself to the Giallorossi and could move to Italy on a free transfer.

Ze Roberto, winger of Santos, is hoping in a move to Roma on a free transfer and the Giallorossi's club is seriously thinking about signing the 33-year-old Brazilian.

However, there are two reasons which are making Roma think twice before signing Ze Roberto: the player's age and the fact that he is a foreigner with no European passport.

The latter problem would therefore block the arrival of Juan, a Brazilian defender linked by the press in recent days to the Giallorossi, who could replace Christian Chivu in case that the Romanian player decides to leave the Capital city side and join Inter as it has been widely speculated.

Roma believe that Juan could be the perfect replacement for Chivu and with him not having a European passport either, then the Roma directors have to choose between the defender and Ze Roberto.
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Matakos » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:24 pm

this rumour is fake......
he is our now....
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:50 pm

Matakos wrote:this rumour is fake......
he is our now....

Do not be so sure until it comes out on FCB.de
Roma may snatch it in the last moment if Uli seems to be stubborn regarding the transfer but that will hardly be the case.
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby alex » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:44 pm

During today's press conference, Hoeness said that the acquisitions are seven. The seventh recruit should be Ze Roberto.

But There's one condition put by Bayern. Ze should quit the Brazilian national team because he's old and they don't want him to get tired because of transatlantic trips.

Bayern look confident that Ze will opt in their favour.
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Matakos » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:51 pm

dracus wrote:
he is our now....

Roma may snatch it in the last moment if Uli seems to be stubborn regarding the transfer but that will hardly be the case.
they just written it!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Schweini_rules » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:46 pm

Matakos wrote:
dracus wrote:
he is our now....

they just written it!

It is on FCB, it says he is ready to rejoin FC Bayern.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Ze Roberto Set For Bayern Return, If He Retires!

Postby diegis » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:56 am

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness has revealed that Ze Roberto is set for a return to Bavaria, but that he must first announce his retirement from international football.

Ze Roberto joined Santos last summer after being released from his contract by Bayern, after being deemed surplus to their needs by then managed Felix Magath.

However, Ottmar Hitzfeld, the man who signed him from Bayer Leverkusen along with Ballack in 2002, has made it clear that he wants the hard working midfielder back.

Hoeness revealed that a deal had a deal was almost done, and that Bayern were only waiting for Ze Roberto to confirm his international retirement.

His fitness has not been the best, and at 32, Bayern believe that international involvement will not allow him to recover between the club games.

"We’ve agreed with Zé Roberto in principle on a two-year contract, but we still have to iron out a few small problems," Hoeneß explained.

"Our opinion is that it’s not good for a player who’s already a little older to be flying across the Atlantic five or six times a year.

"We’re under a huge amount of pressure next season, so we need full commitment to the club, especially from players of his calibre.

"We hope that Ze will decide to focus completely on Bayern Munich, and be prepared to give up his career in the Brazilian team."

The club versus country debate also continues, with those playing for top clubs under increasing pressure to retire from international football to keep their club career from slipping...
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Matakos » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:30 am

that's an important clause!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bayern1301 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:25 pm

its alot too ask. i feel players should retire when they truly feel its the time for them. if ze roberto is still good enough for the brazil NT in a years time then he should be allowed the freedom of playing with them.
---------------Kahn
Sagnol---Lucio---Van Buyten---Lahm
---Van Bommel-----Ze Roberto------
Ribery-------------------------Schweini
----------Klose----Toni----------------
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby alex » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:34 pm

bayern1301 wrote:its alot too ask. i feel players should retire when they truly feel its the time for them. if ze roberto is still good enough for the brazil NT in a years time then he should be allowed the freedom of playing with them.

well I tend to agree. but I think that Bayern also have the right to impose whatever condition on players to whom they will offer a contract. for Hoeness, it's Bayern that matters, not Brazil.

Having said that, we should be careful not to let Ze Roberto slip from between our hands because of this clause. i doubt we'll see any problems, but if we ever do, I think we should compromise. Signing Ze is very important at this stage, I'm very excited at the opportunities and the versatility he'll add to the team.
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby alex » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:12 pm

Ze Roberto announced his withdrawal from the Brazilian national team. He declined the invitation to Copa America as a result.

That's transfer number seven cleared! 7 down, Klose to go 8)
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:27 pm

Yes, it's great that Ze Roberto chose Bayern over Brazil :) It's not at all easy to convince a Brazilian not to play for his national teams, and it just shows how much he wants to play for Bayern. Hats off to him.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Imperium » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:30 pm

respect for ze roberto...we needed a player like him..
Imperium
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion