You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby shileno » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Muller is not a CAM, he's more like a second striker. He doesn't have the vision and creativity like Schweini. And we all know that Muller did best in the WC playing as RM.

I know Shaqiri is a winger, but he has the quality of a CAM, besides, we have Robbery. Now if LVG bench Ribery, that would be different.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Element » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:03 pm

shileno wrote:I know Shaqiri is a winger, but he has the quality of a CAM, besides, we have Robbery. Now if LVG bench Ribery, that would be different

But we will lose his Speed

this is why he palys LM , RM , LB and RB

Mueller plays as 2nd striker , we know that , but sometimes it is good ,because he can really help creating spaces for the 'real 9
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shileno » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:08 pm

The only choice would be bench Ribery then. Getting Shaqiri to keep him in the bench would be a VERY BAD move, or maybe buy him and then loan him.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Element » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:15 pm

shileno wrote:The only choice would be bench Ribery then. Getting Shaqiri to keep him in the bench would be a VERY BAD move, or maybe buy him and then loan him.

With the injury rate of our team

He will play more than the starters
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:24 pm

shileno wrote:The only choice would be bench Ribery then.

It all depends on whether or not Ribery manages to get back to his best by the end of the season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Do you guys want to buy a guy who plays well at Basel and bench a world class player like Ribery? :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Do you guys want to buy a guy who plays well at Basel and bench a world class player like Ribery?

Not me , thats for sure
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:36 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Do you guys want to buy a guy who plays well at Basel and bench a world class player like Ribery? :)

well he'd a decent amount of playing time anyway as lets face it Robben and Ribery aren't gonna play every game
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:39 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Do you guys want to buy a guy who plays well at Basel and bench a world class player like Ribery? :)

If he lives up to his potential and becomes amazing, then sure, why not?

Ribery isn't exactly in the best form of his life is he?

Now if Ribery is back to his best by the end of the season, there is no way Shaqiri is going to bench him.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Psychaz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

If he lives up to his potential and becomes amazing, then sure, why not?

Ribery isn't exactly in the best form of his life is he?

Now if Ribery is back to his best by the end of the season, there is no way Shaqiri is going to bench him.

he's been in good form for a bit up to now, looked a bit more like the Ribery we know recently
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm not against getting Shaqiri, but saying that he will bench Ribery (at least in a near future) is totally non sense. It's obvious that Ribery isn't at his best but he has played very few games after his injuries.

But what about Shaqiri? Who is this guy? What has he done? To me, he is only a good player who plays for Basel and he is supposed to have huge potential, but I don't see any big team trying to get him. He is not like Eden Hazard.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:If he lives up to his potential and becomes amazing, then sure, why not?

Yes, and if Alaba plays better than Xavi he will be a starter too.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:47 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, and if Alaba plays better than Xavi he will be a starter too.

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
Alaba doesn't have the potential to be the next Xavi. :)

I do think that Shaqiri is talented enough to become a world-class winger though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shileno » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:01 pm

He's a star in Basel and in Switzerland, he reminds me Marin. Ribery is in downside, he's not world class now, maybe he has some sparks but nothing else. He can't hold the ball for more than 5 seconds.

Like I said once, Muller and Altintop are more useful in attack than Ribery right now. Besides, both can have great moments a score great goals too.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:07 pm

We talked about that last season and we all saw what happend in the CL final

Ribery and Robben are unique players. You just can't compare Altintop with them.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Altintop is no Ribery and he never will be.

But Shaqiri is young and super-talented. He can become better over time. It might be too early now though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion