You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby MrLinky » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Swiss site is reporting that Shaqiri was seen holding talks with Nerlinger in a luxury restaurant in Munchen.

http://sport.ch.sportalsports.com//sportch/generated/article/fussball/2010/12/20/13832200000.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby hgb09 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Wow, a lot of serious transfer rumors today.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby slyk » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:11 pm

I have a good feeling about this young one. Plus having another player from the top young players of the year would be really nice.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:14 am

MrLinky wrote:Swiss site is reporting that Shaqiri was seen holding talks with Nerlinger in a luxury restaurant in Munchen.

http://sport.ch.sportalsports.com//sportch/generated/article/fussball/2010/12/20/13832200000.html

I don't know how reliable the source is (Please inform me if anyone knows!)... But at least it's something...
Anyway... where do we want to use him? (Probably as a replacement for Altintop as Robben's backup if he comes in the summer?)
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:13 am

Thats great news. I really want Shaqiri here but that would probably been a problem in Kroos's development. I have more faith in Shaqiri than Kroos though. Unless Kroos fully commits himself to the CM position alongside Schweinsteigher. Then I would be very happy. :D

Edit*
Also Dambun I believe yes that is the position he would start off at. But this kid has TREMENDOUS potential so I won't be shocked within a season or a season and a 1/2 he will knock out our "superstars" out of a starting position.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Psychaz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:00 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:Thats great news. I really want Shaqiri here but that would probably been a problem in Kroos's development. I have more faith in Shaqiri than Kroos though. Unless Kroos fully commits himself to the CM position alongside Schweinsteigher. Then I would be very happy. :D

Edit*
Also Dambun I believe yes that is the position he would start off at. But this kid has TREMENDOUS potential so I won't be shocked within a season or a season and a 1/2 he will knock out our "superstars" out of a starting position.

why, Kroos is never gonna be a winger he has like zero pace
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 am

What i meant is that by bring in Shaqiri it just increases Kroos's competition in the CAM spot with Muller becoming more and more suitable for that spot as we will have 3 classy wingers in Robber, Ribery and Shaqiri.

Out of all our attacking midfielders (Wingers and CAM and Second Striker) Kroos is the weakest so far in an attacking role, even Pranjic is higher up in chalking up assists. So any other attacking midfielders we purchase only shifts him further down the totem pole as an attacking midfielder.

That said, he is settling in very nicely in the CM role and hopefully he continues to develop there. Even so with the purchase of Gustavo and Tymo and Pranjic being there, that role is not guaranteed for him either.

Basically, Kroos really needs to WOW us as a CM or his place in the team seems very limited for me next season.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby Psychaz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:55 am

Kroos's future isn't at attacking midfield IMO, he's a more deep midfielder, like Pirlo and move Schweinsteiger further forward
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dambun » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:34 am

I, too, believe that Kroos's fututre lies in central midfield roles... So Shaqiri being a winger would not be a competition for him....
Still... We are tooo packed in midfield... even if Altintop goes.... Maybe we should loan out Alaba and a few more.... Then bringing in Shaqiri would make more sense...

Another option is buying Shaqiri, and loaning him out to some BL club immediately...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Psychaz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:47 am

dambun wrote:I, too, believe that Kroos's fututre lies in central midfield roles... So Shaqiri being a winger would not be a competition for him....
Still... We are tooo packed in midfield... even if Altintop goes.... Maybe we should loan out Alaba and a few more.... Then bringing in Shaqiri would make more sense...

Another option is buying Shaqiri, and loaning him out to some BL club immediately...

this is what i would do, i'd rather do it instead of loaning him back to Basel so he can immediately get a taste of the BL
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby CroCHEF » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:04 pm

dambun wrote:
MrLinky wrote:Swiss site is reporting that Shaqiri was seen holding talks with Nerlinger in a luxury restaurant in Munchen.

I don't know how reliable the source is (Please inform me if anyone knows!)... But at least it's something...
Anyway... where do we want to use him? (Probably as a replacement for Altintop as Robben's backup if he comes in the summer?)

The Bild first say that they see him in Munich with Nerlinger
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby Bayern33 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:15 pm

he would be great at bayern. Fifa 11 give him only 69 rating should be more like 75-80
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shileno » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:51 pm

Shaqiri would be a great CAM for us, considering we have great and enough wingers.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:45 pm

shileno wrote:Shaqiri would be a great CAM for us, considering we have great and enough wingers.

I don't know about that, he's a natural winger. Still wouldn't hurt to try.

I think Muller would be better as CAM though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Shaqiri here would Be Awesome

He is Versatile and Skilled like Hell

Super fast , Great Dribbling , hammer Shot , and super crossing witn both feet , and can play in really small areas

Aequitas1987 is a bit too optimistic though
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion