You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby Element » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:46 pm

FCB general wrote:Xherdan Shaqiri... Very good choice for R-R replacement on wings. :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Question is... Will he move from club where is 1st team player to elite club bench or he will wait another offer from other clubs to find his place in their 1st team?
However... I don't see too much in deutsch media that he's in Bayern serious combinations. :|

with our players getting constantly injured , He wont be A real bench player
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby uzi716 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:24 pm

With our team having so many injuries I have to imagine he will play a lot here. But if he is really concerned about play time we should just buy his rights and let him stay at Basel.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 pm

I can see us bringing him only if Altintop does not extend and he leaves us next summer. Otherwise I think we have enough wing power with Ribery, Robben, Muller, Altintop, Pranjic, Kroos and even Schweini, Olic can play on the wings
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby slyk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:41 am

For me it's best for both parties that Altintop leaves, as he does not want to be a bench player. Although he has the energy, he lacks the motivation to consistently perform enough to be a first team player in Bayern; given his competition, it's quite understandable. A large part of his inconsistency problems stems from the reoccurring injuries he has suffered for the best 3 seasons. Looking at Ribery who has had just a few but serious injuries, one can imagine what Altintop has had to overcome. When Altintop held his thighs in the beginning of the first half today, i was just about certain he would get subbed, thank God he worked it out.

I think moving to a team that doesn't regularly feature in CL but is competitive enough to qualify once every other season would be a little better for Altintop. Assuming he does leave, then Shaquiri would be a good back up player....
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 pm

I want him to stay...he is not old and he still has a role to play...even if he plays it from the bench.

he is a steady performer and can help this team...he is not Braafheid or Ottl
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Element » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:43 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:he is a steady performer and can help this team...he is not Braafheid or Ott

He is way better than those

which in fact is a reason why he wants to leave and i want him to leave too

He is too good to be benched

in fact , he would be A STAR in teams like Fenerbahce and galatasaray , and would get a big paycheck too

I like when he gives his hammer shots , that reach the speed of 43432432432454 KpH
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:30 am

This is just a rumour. We are linked with players every year in CL group stages
Where good [players from low team in group stage are linked with us
Last year. Eyal Golasa from Maccabi
Now, Shaqiri from Basel
Think its just a rumour :(
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:08 am

Shaqiri is amazing though. Tonnes of potential and a very good sub bench player to have, even though I like Altintop (Feel he should play as CM and not winger) Shaqiri is a much better joker/super sub.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Shaqiri is a big talent... However, is it good to move in our club and wait a chance for playing in 1st team? I don't think so... Fact is that Robben and Ribery more than obvious will be in future also sometimes injured. But I don't think that every player thinks on that when he's thinking about move in other clubs. :| Only what he wants is money and almost every minute in every game. We bought Kroos and he was in 2nd team, than he played some important games in Hitzfeld era, but after Hitzfeld he needed to move and find himselve in profesional league and football. Maybe the destiny of Shaqiri would be similar as Kroos was, loan in other BL club and wait for chance to back and play a main role in Bayern. We'll what's gonna happen.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Psychaz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:40 pm

FCB general wrote:Shaqiri is a big talent... However, is it good to move in our club and wait a chance for playing in 1st team? I don't think so... Fact is that Robben and Ribery more than obvious will be in future also sometimes injured. But I don't think that every player thinks on that when he's thinking about move in other clubs. :| Only what he wants is money and almost every minute in every game. We bought Kroos and he was in 2nd team, than he played some important games in Hitzfeld era, but after Hitzfeld he needed to move and find himselve in profesional league and football. Maybe the destiny of Shaqiri would be similar as Kroos was, loan in other BL club and wait for chance to back and play a main role in Bayern. We'll what's gonna happen.

why not just buy him and loan him back to Basel :?
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:42 pm

Psychaz wrote:why not just buy him and loan him back to Basel :?

Buy Shaqiri, sing with him 5-year contract... Then loan him back to Basel or in some BL club as Nürnberg or Stuttgart...

I would support something like that. :thumbup:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Stigger » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:01 pm

I think hes ready for us now! Since we need all the help in the BL to catch up to Dortmund! If we are going to loan him out then lets do it for only the second half of this season.
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:10 pm

I feel that if we buy Shaqiri being the YOUNG talent he is and it also shows in his determination to play for the big clubs. He will impress LVG so much that he will eventually gain a starting spot with 1/2 a season or a season. Yes, ahead of the likes of Ribery/Muller/Kroos.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby dambun » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:41 pm

He might be good... But I haven't heard a single clue from any of Bayern 's managers anything about trying to snatch him....
The whole thing seems to be just media speculation.... We should not take it so seriously for now, I guess...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Stigger » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:36 am

lol yea they did mention that they are hugely impressed by him!
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion