You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What do you think about Xabi Alonso's latest performances?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:37 am

He is great and should play every match
No votes
He is good for rotation
43%
He is good for a backup in an injury crisis
22%
I hope he's not extended and leaves in Summer
9%
I hope he's sold in January
No votes
I hope he retires today
26%

Total votes : 23

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby Grimnir » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Hope not, we don't need to crowd the midfield anymore, and we should be making more room for our youth prospects anyways, not pushing them out with pointless signings.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bazi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Who gives a **** about those guys anyway. Most of the people who complain about 'Bayern becoming too Spanish' are old Barca haters who've grown disconnected to reality.

There are two simple truths:

1. Right now Spain and Germany are by far the top producers of football talent in the entire world. Consequently, every club aiming towards the pinnacle of European football will target players from those two countries.

2. It was Jupp Heynckes who strongly demanded the Chilean Vidal and the Spaniars Martínez and Isco to join Bayern. The very same guy who in the eyes of many paranoid Barca and Pep haters has become this mythical creature and shining example of how Bayern should operate. However they overlook that it was specifically Heynckes, who started the trend of targeting Spanish-speaking players more than any other Bayern coach before him.

I have no idea whether this transfer rumour accurate or not. However if we can add depth to central midfield at a reasonable price, without placing an insurmountable object in the path of Höjbjerg and Gaudino, then I'm all for it.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Grimnir » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Bazi wrote:I have no idea whether this transfer rumour accurate or not. However if we can add depth to central midfield at a reasonable price, without placing an insurmountable object in the path of Höjbjerg and Gaudino, then I'm all for it.

The entire point of my above post. You can pretty much kiss Höjbjerg and Gaudino's chances goodbye if we make such a signing. I prefer we focus on youth/our future a little more instead of continuing signing more players (especially in midfield where we absolutely don't need anymore) from elsewhere.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby German-American » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Grimnir wrote:Hope not, we don't need to crowd the midfield anymore, and we should be making more room for our youth prospects anyways, not pushing them out with pointless signings.

I think that's why they'd sign somebody like Alonso, he's older and the youth could compete with him

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Bazi wrote:Who gives a **** about those guys anyway. Most of the people who complain about 'Bayern becoming too Spanish' are old Barca haters who've grown disconnected to reality.

1. Right now Spain and Germany are by far the top producers of football talent in the entire world. Consequently, every club aiming towards the pinnacle of European football will target players from those two countries.

2. It was Jupp Heynckes who strongly demanded the Chilean Vidal and the Spaniars Martínez and Isco to join Bayern. The very same guy who in the eyes of many paranoid Barca and Pep haters has become this mythical creature and shining example of how Bayern should operate. However they overlook that it was specifically Heynckes, who started the trend of targeting Spanish-speaking players more than any other Bayern coach before him.

I have no idea whether this transfer rumour accurate or not. However if we can add depth to central midfield at a reasonable price, without placing an insurmountable object in the path of Höjbjerg and Gaudino, then I'm all for it.

And don't forget Heynckes' praise of Thiago.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:32 pm

This is bullshit, Ancelotti is not that stupid to get rid of him.
RM has got only two defensive midfielders with Khedira and Alonso.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby backwardsnation » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:39 pm

Bazi wrote:Who gives a **** about those guys anyway. Most of the people who complain about 'Bayern becoming too Spanish' are old Barca haters who've grown disconnected to reality.

Though I agree with the most part, I doubt Real will allow him to come to Bayern, and definitely not for cheap.. Given his age and position, we shouldn't spend more than 10-12 on him, no? Otherwise, he would be a valuable addition, a transaction that would free Lahm from playing #6.

And why would he want to move when he can play at Real and earn the World Champions medal in the winter?
backwardsnation
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm

because the World champions medal is worth nothing. CL is what really matters. I say why not if he comes cheap. we need some depth in the defensive midfield, if we think of Berlin this year. We have a complex situation with injuries and you never know how will it look like in April when it matters the most. I want to play Madrid somewhere in this edition, hopefully in the final and get revenge. I don't care who we sign and who should develop, bla bla. This is a job of the coaches. True talents will always find the way through. What matters is good play and winning CL (Buli should not be an issue unless we screw up)
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm

I've always respected this player, and would be happy with the transfer, though I would rather take Khedira. However, I am convinced that we are done with transfers.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:40 pm

I would take Alonso over Khedira anytime.. We need a player like Alonso, Effenberg of van Bommel again.. Heck like Kahn. Who opens his mouth about shitty performance or not focussed performances. That's what i missed last season, none opened his mouth really.. To many soft excuses.
Ottomeister13

Postby Argeta » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:00 pm

**** him.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby S4k4zulu » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Bring it on if its gonna make us be stronger. And he just retired from the national, he might benefit us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:22 pm

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/27/futbol/ ... 66308.html

Not sure what I'd think aboit this..
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby hgb09 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:29 pm

This is happening extremely fast . He reportedly had a meeting with Florentino Perez this morning telling him it's better to leave.
Last edited by hgb09 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby bastos80 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:33 pm

It get a kit with his name though :mrgreen:
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext