You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What do you think about Xabi Alonso's latest performances?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:37 am

He is great and should play every match
No votes
He is good for rotation
43%
He is good for a backup in an injury crisis
22%
I hope he's not extended and leaves in Summer
9%
I hope he's sold in January
No votes
I hope he retires today
26%

Total votes : 23

Postby DS17 » Mon May 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Matakos wrote:
DS17 wrote:I'd be content if we manage to sign these three players this summer:

Xabi Alonso (Liverpool)- defensive/central midfielder (18,000,000 euro)

Pavel Pogrebnyak (Zenit St. Petersburg)- 4th striker (10,000,000 euro)

Marco Amelia (Livorno)- 2nd goalkeeper (7,000,000 euro)

That would cost us less than 40 million which is not that bad.

agree with the first two but i'm not sure about amelia.
I don't think he'll want to come here as #2.And he is too good for #2

You're probably right. It's just that I don't trust Rensing so much and if he sucks during the next season it's necessary to have 2nd keeper who has proved himself already. We'll see....
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Mon May 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Pavel is good but bayern does not need to have a 4th striker that cost 10,000,000!!!!! :!:
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Mon May 26, 2008 10:33 pm

MunchenFC wrote:Pavel is good but bayern does not need to have a 4th striker that cost 10,000,000!!!!! :!:

if pogrebnyak comes he will be 2nd or 3rd imo.. he's really class but i doubt klinsmann will want him :?

LE: i found a link about alonso to bayern http://www.4-4-2.com/displaynews/date/2008/05/23/bayern-mit-blitzaktion-fuer-xabi-alonso.html
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby from syria » Mon May 26, 2008 11:55 pm

where did u get thes news ? is there any link?
from syria
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:28 am

A Spanish source called Diario Vasco says that Bayern has bid 25 mil for Xabi Alonso. Personally I think this is highly unlikely now that Van Bommel is captain. Sure Ze is leaving next season, but I'm sure they'll end up sticking with Borowski/Ottl. If Mark wasn't now guaranteed a starting place then maybe, but now I don't think so. Anyone heard anything else about this?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:42 am

I think it's totally false. What's with the 25 number ? :lol: Is every player worth 25 million euros ? :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby elcalifornio » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:41 am

25 million is the amount Liverpool wants for a transfer. The fans don't want him to be sold and neither does Benitez. No new players at Bayern till the winter when they will be forced to make a move.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MrLinky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Alonso would be a great signing but I doubt that Liverpool are gonna let him go for less then 25 million and thats a price that we're not gonna pay for a player that is chasing after his form .

That means we're gonna be sticking with Ottl/Borowksi as an alternative to Ze/VB .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso]

Postby Element » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:59 pm

According to "Radio Marca" , Bayern Munich are preparing a last minute offer to Sign Real Madrid Midfielder Xabi Alonso [source]
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby MoFattal » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Alonso rather than Khedira? Nah, that doesn't seem likely at all.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Kalev » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 pm

A big fat no. He's place is in America. We don't need him, we have Gaudino and Hojbjerg 8)
Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:11 pm

He is more of the van Bommel, Effenberg type, who gratches between the legs now and then to wake up teammates haha..
Ottomeister13

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso]

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Element wrote:
According to "Radio Marca" , Bayern Munich are preparing a last minute offer to Sign Real Madrid Midfielder Xabi Alonso [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Actually I like the idea, he's a good experienced player but I doubt Real Madrid would let him leave cheaply.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Furthermore a player of Alonso's age wouldn't block the way for the likes of Höjbjerg and Gaudino, because he has at most two years left at the highest level.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Brace yourselves
"Guardiola turning Bayern to Spanish club" comments are coming...
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion