You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What do you think about Xabi Alonso's latest performances?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:37 am

He is great and should play every match
No votes
He is good for rotation
43%
He is good for a backup in an injury crisis
22%
I hope he's not extended and leaves in Summer
9%
I hope he's sold in January
No votes
I hope he retires today
26%

Total votes : 23

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun May 25, 2008 4:12 pm

I don't understand this talk about Bayern running out of targets. Last I checked, the transfer window still isn't officially open and it goes until the end of August. Not only that, but I also don't see any other clubs making any moves, aside from Nasri which could just be complete bullshit if you know how the English press works. I don't see any official news on that, so basically what I'm saying is RELAX.

Back to Alonso, I always thought that I wouldn't mind having him at Bayern. He's solid, not too old, and has plenty of experience. Would you rather have him or Van Bommel? I'd take Alonso, no doubt in my mind at all. I'd rather have his partner in crime, Stevie G but I'd bet on us bringing Beckenbauer back to play before Gerrard leaving Liverpool for anywhere, not just Bayern. But Alonso's good, problem is the price and Rafa's playing hardball, too. I think for that reason he'll actually end up staying and Liverpool. But if Klinsi thinks he can use him, GO ULI GO!

P.S. Don't hold your breath for any transfer announcements until they're back from India...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Matakos » Sun May 25, 2008 4:13 pm

r0adtr1p wrote:i said 25 milions for ronaldinho lol

you are funny :P
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:14 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:I don't understand this talk about Bayern running out of targets. Last I checked, the transfer window still isn't officially open and it goes until the end of August. Not only that, but I also don't see any other clubs making any moves, aside from Nasri which could just be complete bullshit if you know how the English press works. I don't see any official news on that, so basically what I'm saying is RELAX.

Back to Alonso, I always thought that I wouldn't mind having him at Bayern. He's solid, not too old, and has plenty of experience. Would you rather have him or Van Bommel? I'd take Alonso, no doubt in my mind at all. I'd rather have his partner in crime, Stevie G but I'd bet on us bringing Beckenbauer back to play before Gerrard leaving Liverpool for anywhere, not just Bayern. But Alonso's good, problem is the price and Rafa's playing hardball, too. I think for that reason he'll actually end up staying and Liverpool. But if Klinsi thinks he can use him, GO ULI GO!

P.S. Don't hold your breath for any transfer announcements until they're back from India...

Well Flamini is gone, Gatusso gone, Nasri most likely gone, Hleb everybody is saying he will be signing for inter, Ballack said he wants to finish his career at chelsea, Lampard, Gerrard wont come, Ronaldinho the board wont pay 25 to 40 mil to get him, Robinho is reported he wants to leave Madrid but again the board wont pay huge sum for him........
so who's left from the top Midfielders????? not much, thats why im worried, if the board serious about improving the midfield the list is shrinking.

I'd take Alonso over VB any day of the week
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DS17 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:41 pm

shwas55 wrote:so who's left from the top Midfielders????? not much, thats why im worried, if the board serious about improving the midfield the list is shrinking.

Don't worry pal. :lol: There are enough great players in the market.
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby elcalifornio » Sun May 25, 2008 8:20 pm

[url]http://www.spox.com/myspox/blogdetail/Bayern-in-der-Bundesliga-Falle-2,13461.html

Thats who's left for the defensive midfield.

Cana and Xabi are my faves. [/url]
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby elcalifornio » Sun May 25, 2008 8:24 pm

elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MunchenFC » Sun May 25, 2008 9:34 pm

elcalifornio wrote:[url]http://www.spox.com/myspox/blogdetail/Bayern-in-der-Bundesliga-Falle-2,13461.html

Thats who's left for the defensive midfield.

Cana and Xabi are my faves. [/url]

touloun is good too
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby medin69 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:44 pm

yea toulalan is good
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby r0adtr1p » Mon May 26, 2008 3:34 am

i would take cana:D
r0adtr1p
Getting the hang of it

Postby Matakos » Mon May 26, 2008 10:51 am

Toulalan,Cana or alonso.
Maybe even diarra.
One of them.
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon May 26, 2008 4:04 pm

Yeah, that's a good list. Alonso is my favorite, though Cana and Toulalan are both great too. I don't remember where I've seen him, but I've definitely seen Felliani before as well and I was impressed.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Matakos » Mon May 26, 2008 4:20 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Yeah, that's a good list. Alonso is my favorite, though Cana and Toulalan are both great too. I don't remember where I've seen him, but I've definitely seen Felliani before as well and I was impressed.

I don't think we stand great chances for toulalan as lyon has him as a prospect for the future....
I think we should go for cana or alonso....
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MunchenFC » Mon May 26, 2008 4:38 pm

Matakos wrote:
FCBinNYC wrote:Yeah, that's a good list. Alonso is my favorite, though Cana and Toulalan are both great too. I don't remember where I've seen him, but I've definitely seen Felliani before as well and I was impressed.

I don't think we stand great chances for toulalan as lyon has him as a prospect for the future....
I think we should go for cana or alonso....

yah but lyon see benzema as a prospect for the future and every big teem is guning it for him!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby DS17 » Mon May 26, 2008 5:09 pm

I'd be content if we manage to sign these three players this summer:

Xabi Alonso (Liverpool)- defensive/central midfielder (18,000,000 euro)

Pavel Pogrebnyak (Zenit St. Petersburg)- 4th striker (10,000,000 euro)

Marco Amelia (Livorno)- 2nd goalkeeper (7,000,000 euro)

That would cost us less than 40 million which is not that bad.
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Matakos » Mon May 26, 2008 9:34 pm

DS17 wrote:I'd be content if we manage to sign these three players this summer:

Xabi Alonso (Liverpool)- defensive/central midfielder (18,000,000 euro)

Pavel Pogrebnyak (Zenit St. Petersburg)- 4th striker (10,000,000 euro)

Marco Amelia (Livorno)- 2nd goalkeeper (7,000,000 euro)

That would cost us less than 40 million which is not that bad.

agree with the first two but i'm not sure about amelia.
I don't think he'll want to come here as #2.And he is too good for #2
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion