You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

What do you think about Xabi Alonso's latest performances?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:37 am

He is great and should play every match
0
No votes
He is good for rotation
10
43%
He is good for a backup in an injury crisis
5
22%
I hope he's not extended and leaves in Summer
2
9%
I hope he's sold in January
0
No votes
I hope he retires today
6
26%
 
Total votes : 23

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby prasun77 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:23 pm

recently he showed his skills vs arsenal?
schweinsteiger as good as he was..was no xabi alonso..xavi was a different player altogether..
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 702 times
Been thanked: 1126 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Oh please... Sleepy in the penalty in Munich and a good pass after the match was won already?

I think his last great game was Leipzig... And before that maybe Bremen, but I tend to say Atlético rematch... (Ironically, these are all also games he scored)...

Schweinsteiger in his prime was no worse than Alonso in his prime and especially not than today's Alonso...

Different player? Well, you can toss that into any discussion... His position is the one where there's arguably the biggest pool of talent - so that's a very very daring statement... (also, you were talking about players in general...)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9359
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 384 times
Been thanked: 2561 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Time to find another scapegoat... :mrgreen:
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17606
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9168 times
Been thanked: 8476 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:05 pm

JANCKER wrote:Time to find another scapegoat... :mrgreen:

Costa

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27695
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22419 times
Been thanked: 6274 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Kimmich ;)
User avatar
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby Alduin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:15 pm

His farewell post is really short and classy with a great picture along with it fitting of a legendary midfielder general.

I hope we win another CL as a farewell for Lahm and Alonso. Both deserve it.
Mia San Mia!
User avatar
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:52 am
Location: Costa Rica.
National Flag:
Costa Rica
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 143 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby zozon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:32 pm

So long Xabi :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Such a pity that he didnt played for us in his best days. In this mad world of hipsters and shitty trends - a true gentleman, on and off the field.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Although I probably won't stop criticising his present day performances and the fact that Ancelotti overplays him, I highly appreciate what he gave the sport at his best. Bayern's last matchday this season will be sad for football... 2 legends in one blow. May it be a CL final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31590
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8915 times
Been thanked: 7524 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby ottackon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Tribute for the great man

Image
User avatar
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1830 times
Been thanked: 3188 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Although I probably won't stop criticising his present day performances and the fact that Ancelotti overplays him, I highly appreciate what he gave the sport at his best. Bayern's last matchday this season will be sad for football... 2 legends in one blow. May it be a CL final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely, most probably it will be a meaningless Bundesliga match after we already won the treble 8)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2391 times
Been thanked: 2281 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby Rauntšik » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:27 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Although I probably won't stop criticising his present day performances and the fact that Ancelotti overplays him, I highly appreciate what he gave the sport at his best. Bayern's last matchday this season will be sad for football... 2 legends in one blow. May it be a CL final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely, most probably it will be a meaningless Bundesliga match after we already won the treble 8)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


Well, the last Bundesliga match is before the DFB pokal final and the CL final, soo..
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
User avatar
Rauntšik
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 368 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Rauntšik wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Although I probably won't stop criticising his present day performances and the fact that Ancelotti overplays him, I highly appreciate what he gave the sport at his best. Bayern's last matchday this season will be sad for football... 2 legends in one blow. May it be a CL final


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely, most probably it will be a meaningless Bundesliga match after we already won the treble 8)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


Well, the last Bundesliga match is before the DFB pokal final and the CL final, soo..


Really? :-/

Don't the BuLi and Pokal usually end after? I'm confused.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2391 times
Been thanked: 2281 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby FCB general » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Image

The boy became a man, now he's about to retire. What a legend! It was really a great experience to witness the development of one young, talented guy and his transformation into a world-class player. =D>
No matter how much I spoke against him in these 2 and half years, his Real Sociedad and Liverpool days were absolutely amazing, when I really enjoyed watching all matches, his great performances and epic goals.

Hats off, thanks Xabi!
Cada loco con su tema.
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6651
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Red Cross
Has thanked: 2723 times
Been thanked: 2929 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby aterford » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:46 am

Hope more than anything we can send both him and Lahm off with a UCL title (Treble, hopefully, but 'just' the UCL would be great too) and see them walk straight off the pitch into the offices at Säbener Straße.
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1469 times
Been thanked: 899 times
Gender: Male

Re: Xabi Alonso [Xabier Alonso Olano]

Postby aterford » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:51 am

#12 wrote:Oh please... Sleepy in the penalty in Munich and a good pass after the match was won already?

I think his last great game was Leipzig... And before that maybe Bremen, but I tend to say Atlético rematch... (Ironically, these are all also games he scored)...

Schweinsteiger in his prime was no worse than Alonso in his prime and especially not than today's Alonso...

Different player? Well, you can toss that into any discussion... His position is the one where there's arguably the biggest pool of talent - so that's a very very daring statement... (also, you were talking about players in general...)


You don't think Schweinsteiger is worse than Alonso currently????
Alonso can at least get a game........
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1469 times
Been thanked: 899 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests