You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Willy Sagnol

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Do you think Willy should be upset?

Yes!
29%
No!
71%

Total votes : 14

Postby kevh26 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:15 am

I don't think he was right, but there are certain mitigating circumstances that make it at least understandable.

He's had a tough season, he's struggled to recover his pace and the slipped disk did nothing to help him recover his form, he's frustrated and that obviously just boiled over, so to conclude, certainly not right to say what he did to the press, after all this is a conversation he should have had with hitzfeld, but I can forgive!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Milan Agree Fee For Sagnol

Postby MaCk0y » Tue May 06, 2008 3:26 pm

fcb 4eva wrote:As of next season, Sagnol will be the last player at the club who was also a member of the squad which triumphed in Milan in 2001.

“I want to see the trophy in Munich one more time. I still have three or four years to achieve that” he added.

fantastic to hear that from Sagnol, knew he would never leave he loves the club too much

--------------------------------

FCB 4EVA :D

Unfortunetly it seems he changed his opinion :(

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Milan are very close to completing the signing of Willy Sagnol, having agreed a transfer fee with Bayern Munich.

Sagnol has had a nightmare season with the new Bundesliga champions, and has fallen out with his coach Ottmar Hitzfeld.

The right back has lost his first team place, and when he has featured he has been mainly utilised in an unusual midfield position.

Last week Sagnol launched a scathing attack on Hitzfeld, revealing his deep hatred for the coach. This led to him being suspended by the club for their UEFA Cup semi-final exit at the hands of Zenit St Petersburg, and he is now certain to be sold at the end of the season.

The Italian press revealed late last week that Milan had opened talks with Bayern over a transfer, and the Corriere today claims that a fee of €5m has been agreed upon.

Just small details now need to be sorted before the transfer is completed, and Sagnol has already told friends that he will be moving to San Siro.

This signing will signal the end of Brazilian legend Cafu’s Milan career. The 37-year-old’s contract, which runs out at the end of June, will not be renewed, meaning that the Rossoneri’s two natural right backs for next season will be Sagnol and Massimo Oddo.

The 31-year-old Frenchman will sign a three-year contract with the Club World Cup champions.Sagnol, who has been at Bayern for eight years, has also made 54 appearances for France, playing at both the 2002 and 2006 World Cups.

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

SAGNOL CLAIMS MILAN INTEREST

Postby MaCk0y » Tue May 06, 2008 3:28 pm

Bayern Munich defender Willy Sagnol has confirmed that Milan and another top European club are interested in signing him.

Sagnol has endured a difficult season following injury and loss of form, and he was recently suspended by coach Ottmar Hitzfeld after complaining about his situation.

The Frenchman's comment that he had 'fallen into a hole and nobody is prepared to help me get out' suggested that he wanted to secure a move away from the Allianz Arena.

Milan have been linked with Sagnol in the past and the full-back admits it is flattering to once again learn of their interest.

But he has an open mind regarding his future as the next Bayern Munich boss Jurgen Klinsmann, who takes over from Hitzfeld this summer, has assured him that he is part of his plans.

Sagnol is hoping the matter will be resolved before he links up with the France squad for Euro 2008.

"My future should be settled around 24th or 25th of May," he told L'Equipe TV.

"The Milan officials have regularly returned their focus (to me) for six years and I am proud of that interest.

"It almost happened in 2002 and above all after the World Cup in 2006, but in those times I preferred to favour Bayern.

"My preference remains Bayern, where I have two years remaining on my contract, but I will follow cautiously what will happen at the club during the coming days.

"I had the opportunity to talk with Jurgen Klinsman, the new coach. He told me he relies on me.

"In transfer business, everything can happen quickly. Milan and another big European club, not Italian, are attracted.

"I can just say my choice will be made before the Euros, which is my great aim. I want to start it being calm."

Some hope...maybe?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby elcalifornio » Tue May 06, 2008 8:32 pm

If the transfer fee is over 8 million then fine. At 5 million he shoulldn't be sold.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Wed May 07, 2008 12:53 pm

andresdonado15 wrote:In this case........your are not a rightly fan.........you must be with your team...althought they sell all his players..........you must be loyal............FCB4EVA

I highly agree and also am confused why does willy want to leave the reason he hasnt been playing is...
HE INJURED HIM-SELF!
if he wants bayern to play him wwhile he is injured so he can more badly injured would be just straight stupidy
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pavlos21 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:18 pm

if we give him to milan then we can make him a part of the gattuso tranfer.
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby elcalifornio » Wed May 07, 2008 11:04 pm

Lahm is going to stay unless Man.U offer big money. I would like to avoid a Sagnol Gattuso package becasue MVB is as old as Gattuso and plays the same role in the MF. Its redundant.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MaCk0y » Sun May 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Fantastic news everyone!

Sagnol To Stay At Bayern

Bayern Munich will be able to call upon the services of defender Willy Sagnol next season after the Frenchman announced his intention to stay at the Allianz Arena.

Sagnol had been heavily linked with a move away from the newly crowned Bundesliga champions, with both Milan and Juventus declaring their interest.

It has however now emerged that the 31 year old full back will in fact remain in Germany and try his luck under new Bayern trainer Jürgen Klinsmann.

“Willy has had a discussion with Jürgen and he wants to use the chance to stay at Bayern” club chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge explained in an interview with ‘tz’.

“But of course it will be necessary for Willy to work extremely hard. Jürgen has told him that quite clearly” he added.

“Willy appears ready to do that. Ottmar Hitzfeld is not to blame for his physical condition, or that he has been booed.”

Sagnol has had a torrid time this season. After finally returning from long-term injury, he struggled to get a place in the Bayern team.

He then publicly criticised trainer Ottmar Hitzfeld for playing him out of position. This outburst led to him being suspended by the Bayern trainer.

The full back is now looking to being part of the French squad for this summer’s European Championships, before he then looks to start afresh under Jürgen Klinsmann next season at Bayern.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby fcb 4eva » Sun May 11, 2008 7:07 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTINNNN THERE :D :D :D :D :D :D

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------

fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MunchenFC » Sun May 11, 2008 9:22 pm

fcb 4eva wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTINNNN THERE :D :D :D :D :D :D

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------

:lol: :lol:
yah it would be great to keep him
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby Matakos » Mon May 12, 2008 10:51 am

bravo sagnol!
he showed again that his heart is in bayern
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby medin69 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:48 pm

SCHICKERIAAAAAA
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MunchenFC » Tue May 13, 2008 1:06 pm

but we need to remember espicially with sagnol
he could wake up on the wrong side of the bead and all of a sudden want to leave cause bayern lost "faith" in him or something
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby Ghost_of_war_sp » Wed May 14, 2008 11:23 am

he said he will stay at bayern next year. So we will have sagnol and lell. Thats good cover. Hes a bayern legend. hopefully he can get back to his best. we need his crossed
Ghost_of_war_sp
Woah, this feels cool!

Sagnol

Postby RiberyToni » Fri May 16, 2008 3:25 am

Sagnol in the past has been one of the best right wing atackers in the world. Now though that i watch him he has been very poor, especially against Stuttgart where he lost every ball he attacked. I hope next season he will be much better and hopefully healthy as well. :)
RiberyToni
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion