You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Willy Sagnol

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Do you think Willy should be upset?

Yes!
29%
No!
71%

Total votes : 14

Postby BayernRtheBest » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:18 pm

Why is there even a need to post this, Sagnol to Man uTD? for cover? forget about it.
BayernRtheBest

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:58 pm

Will never happen.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:58 am

Fergi must be retarded if he is thinking of taking Sagnol away from this Bayern team..:)
and what's with taking Sagnol as "Cover"? Are they out of their minds? lol

He is our captain..after Kahn.. :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:52 pm

Earth Times
Bayern Munich's French international defender Willy Sagnol wants to leave the Bundesliga club during the winter break. Sagnol, 30, who has a contract until June 20, 2010, said Saturday he had asked the club several weeks ago to release him.

"I still have the wish. I want to leave the club," he said.

Sagnol, who has spent the season recovering from a knee injury, was on the substitutes' bench for the first time during league leaders Bayern's 2-1 victory over VfL Wolfsburg Saturday.

He underwent surgery on cartilage and other problems in his right knee in April and has recently been playing for Bayern's reserves.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby soccerkyle » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:59 pm

what?? :x
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:29 pm

I really dont understand him... not a long time ago he said he wants to be next Bayern captain after Kahn retires and now he wants to leave :-s
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fanOfBayern » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:40 pm

bogdan wrote:I really dont understand him... not a long time ago he said he wants to be next Bayern captain after Kahn retires and now he wants to leave :-s

Its not him - money is talking.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:52 pm

He didn`t mention to witch team he wants to go :|
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:59 pm

What is happening to our players? Lahm wants to leave, Ismael wants to leave, Sagnol wants to leave... this isn't good news at all!

----

BERLIN, Nov 25 (Reuters) - France full back Willy Sagnol has stunned Bayern Munich by saying he wants to leave the German club.

Sagnol has recently returned to action after seven months out with a knee injury but did not play in Saturday's Bundesliga game win over VfL Wolfsburg.

"I asked the club's board several weeks ago to let me leave in the winter break," Sagnol told ZDF television late on Saturday.

Sagnol, 30, declined to reveal his reasons but said they would become clear in a few weeks.

Sagnol joined Bayern in 2000 from Monaco and has played 175 Bundesliga matches. His contract runs until 2010.

Bayern captain Oliver Kahn said it was primarily injured pride that had motivated Sagnol to demand a transfer.

"I don't know what bug got into Willy's system," Kahn said. "But you shouldn't go mad after such a long time out with injury."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:00 pm

We`ve played well without Sagnol this season so far, he might not be missed if he left

Nobody wants to see Lahm goes. and I don`t think that our management will sell him :|
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:57 pm

I think what is bugging Sagnol is the fact that he's not playing even though he has been given the green light. Hitzfeld is not playing him even as a substitute. Him, Sosa, and Jan S. are not playing even when they are able to play. They're really not getting shots at being a substitute and you know it has to be bothering them.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:40 pm

I could see Willy being bothered by not playing, but I have to agree with Kahn. There's no reason to rush Willy back, I'd be more pissed to see him miss another 7 months because he wasn't really ready than I am seeing Lell mess up crosses that Willy would've nailed. Seems like typical stuck-up Frenchiness to me. (Sorry if anyone's French, I didn't mean you!) I just can't believe that he'd leave the club over this, I'd think it'd be fairly obvious that he's the first choice right back when fit, especially since we need Lahm on the left with Jansen injured. If he leaves, that sucks but so be it. At least it will free up some wages and we could sign someone else younger.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:36 pm

I think Sagnol is not taking a very humble position. Nobody can expect to just jump into the starting lineup after such a long injury. I feel much more respect for Van Buyten now, becuse although he is not getting much playing time, he remains committed to the team and vows to fight hard for a starting lineup position, and not just asked to be transferred.
Also, if Lahm is set to leave after this season, Sagnol should have a place in SL pretty much for sure next season.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:46 pm

Well, at least there is some good news.... in that Ismael is leaving the club :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby Mirage » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:33 pm

why is everyone got to suddenly leave? I am not liking all this talk, at all. Willy can't leave, he's one of my favourite players.

I heard he is just upset with how management have treated him during his injury. I really do not trust our management, they are never keeping players happy. At this rate we've spent all that money over summer and we're going to have to fork out the same amount because our squad is going dowwwwn.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion