You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Willy Sagnol

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Do you think Willy should be upset?

Yes!
29%
No!
71%

Total votes : 14

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:12 pm

I'm not saying there's anything good or bad with it, I'm just commenting on it because it's interesting.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:23 pm

They recognise those players as huge talents which is good I guess, but I don't want them all playing in Italy... I know Klose wants to go abroad, but I am hoping he'll go to Spain, or even England.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:49 pm

I don't see where juve get their money from... serie b wont give them much in the way of tv and sponsorship revenue, they never get a good attendance for home matches, their players are all on extortionate wages, where do they get it from?
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:34 pm

Despite being in Serie B, they are still raking in much more money than Bayern in terms of sponsors and TV revenue. Next season they will most probably be in the Serie A, and they want to have a team that can immediately challenge for the title again.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby yoanna » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:05 am

Juve's german campaign seems kind of weird, however, they aim for quality player which aren't overly over-priced.
that was the general design, fairly easy to achieve especially after the penalty points reduction. to 'wait' one year in serie b, and, when promoted to seria a, arrive with a team capable of fighting for the scudetto. one year in serie b wouldn't kill a team the likes of Juve. it's not like anyone sane could fanthom it would last more than a season.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:41 am

God I hate Italians... The likes of Matterazi, Gattuso,the guy from Roma (DM, not Totti), Inzaghi, Buffon, Grosso, Camoranesi.... Either they defened all game or thy cheat (Grosso u goddamn diver, and Materazzi don´t get me started on him).

The only ones I respect are Maldini and Cannavaro.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:20 pm

Paddy wrote:God I hate Italians... The likes of Matterazi, Gattuso,the guy from Roma (DM, not Totti)

de rossi? O:)
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:20 pm

supr4king wrote:
Paddy wrote:God I hate Italians... The likes of Matterazi, Gattuso,the guy from Roma (DM, not Totti)

de rossi? O:)

Yeah that´s the one. Totally unprofessional player.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:34 pm

Paddy wrote:Yeah that´s the one. Totally unprofessional player.

i think he is a good player
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:43 pm

supr4king wrote:
Paddy wrote:Yeah that´s the one. Totally unprofessional player.

i think he is a good player

Good yes, but very unprofessional. The match at WC where he got Red card is a prove of that...

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:36 pm

I respect Buffon because he's a loyal player. With Juve going to Serie B he simplied stay with the team. He did not turn his back on them. He could've walked away and got more money and be able to play for the title and the CL, but he didn't. Unlike Fabio Cannavaro who left his team when he thought they were going to be put in Serie B.

I guess Owen is learning from Cannavaro. Too bad, Buffon is a good role model when it comes to loyalty.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:34 pm

tracylynn wrote:I respect Buffon because he's a loyal player. With Juve going to Serie B he simplied stay with the team. He did not turn his back on them. He could've walked away and got more money and be able to play for the title and the CL, but he didn't. Unlike Fabio Cannavaro who left his team when he thought they were going to be put in Serie B.

I guess Owen is learning from Cannavaro. Too bad, Buffon is a good role model when it comes to loyalty.

But you have to consider this...Cannavaro is old...Buffo knows that he has all the time in the world...Cannavaro could risk his career.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby yoanna » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:57 pm

on his decision to stay at Juve, his agent announced "it's a division he has never won and he would like to try to do this"

"I would say that I am having less sex now that I’m playing in Serie B – there is more to think about in this division.”
G. Buffon

it wasn't possible for Juve to keep all their stars, anyways, since the relagation limited their money inflow somehow. not to mention, there was no need for that. besides, some of the players dropped were past their prime, or getting there, and it wouldn't have been wise to keep them. Juve'd arrive back in serie a with all these even more past their prime players.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Schweini_rules » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:48 pm

yoanna your more a juventus fan than Bayern lol :D
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:32 pm

Schweini_rules wrote:yoanna your more a juventus fan than Bayern lol :D

yea I was starting to think the same thing. she doesn't take a bad word about them. Overprotected about juventus. I hate that team for some reason, I don't know why. they are in my top three list of most hated
FC Bajern

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion