You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who should be the club's new penalty taker

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Who should be the club's new penalty taker

Postby dracus » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:01 pm

Well with ballack(100% sureshot penalty taker gone)we are remaining with
1 Makaay:2 old
2 Pizarro:Just missed a penalty(vs frankfurt)
3 Scweini:Nah
4 Poldi:YEAH but he is not a regular
5 Sagnol:No problem
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:26 pm

you can't be too old to take a penalty... it should be Makaay... failing that, pass it on to hargreaves... I can't recall him missing one!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:28 pm

Hargreaves
No i dont think he is that good at taking penalties
THe job must go to poldi.Makaay also is not a problem
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:42 pm

how don't you think he's that good at penalties...

he's scored pressure one's for both england and bayern... he keeps his head and buries them, he must be one of the favourites to take them!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:45 pm

It was his luck that he scored that penalty against portugal in the worldcup
The penalty was not properly aimed.The goalkeeper tried to stop it but the shotpwr took it into the nets
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:58 pm

ricardo was rooted to his spot!

besides, you missed out even more... remember brazzo's penalty against valencia
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:02 pm

but i think poldi can score penalties at 88% accuracy if not more.
Besides he has very good shot accuracy,very good indeed
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:37 pm

Makaay is the best bet....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:15 pm

I've never seen Schweini take one, can't remember if he took any in the world cup and I didn't know he existed before the world cup soo..
I think Makaay too. How old is he anyway?
Hargreaves is great at them, the only one to score for England. We really need lessons from the Germans.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:00 pm

Mirage wrote:I've never seen Schweini take one, can't remember if he took any in the world cup and I didn't know he existed before the world cup soo...

Well I thought of scweini after his long range shooting ability :roll:
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MissFCB » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Owen or Schweini should be the new penalty taker... how´s van Bommel @ penalties? never saw him taking one :?:
74,75,76 und ihr werdet alle sehen, Mailand 2001 war noch nicht das letzte mal, denn wir fahren nach Athen!
MissFCB
Getting the hang of it

Postby diegis » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:47 pm

:arrow: van bommel. he has a powerfull shoot
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby podolski4life » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:21 pm

It's down to Hargreaves or Schweini in my opinion.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:58 pm

For Magath, Makaay is the number one penalty taker (at least I think he is).

IMO, I think Owen would be a good choice, but I also think Podolski would be a good one. I've seen both of them take shots and they a good job. I'm not sure about Bastian because I can't remember seeing him take a shot.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:41 am

Mirage wrote:I've never seen Schweini take one, can't remember if he took any in the world cup and I didn't know he existed before the world cup soo..
I think Makaay too. How old is he anyway?
Hargreaves is great at them, the only one to score for England. We really need lessons from the Germans.

Well Hargreaves ALLLLLLLLMOST missed the penalty in WC. Goalkeeper got his hand to it but couldn't hold on to it. :P
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion