You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
63%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
22%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 41

Uli Hoeneß

Postby diegis » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:04 pm

The deputy chairman of FC Bayern München's executive board, Uli Hoeness, and FC Internazionale Milano assistant coach Sinisa Mihajlović have been banned by UEFA from exercising functions for two UEFA club competition matches.

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body heard that in the 85th minute of the UEFA Champions League Group B game between Inter and Bayern in Milan on 27 September, an aggressive verbal confrontation took place between Hoeness and Mihajlović, following the red card given to Inter's Fabio Grosso.

Both moved out of the technical zone and were sent to the stand by referee Steve Bennett. The two may only watch their clubs' next two UEFA Champions League matches from the grandstand – they are not allowed in the dressing room, tunnel or technical area before and during the game, nor are they allowed to get in contact with their teams.
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Hoeneß Promises Success

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:40 pm

In his first press conference since returning from holiday, Bayern manager Uli Hoeneß has promised a successful season.

He arrived at the team’s training headquarters and immediately liked what he saw.

“I have a very good feeling that we are going into the season fully prepared. With this team I cannot say ‘I want to be third’. Our goal is to be German champions.”

The manager believes the high expectations being placed on the team are not a burden.

“Getting the players is one thing, but achieving success with them is another. Now it is up to us to build a team. Never in Bayern’s history have we gone out and bought in eight new players. Therefore we will have to be patient.”

He is also not underestimating the competition but believes Bayern will finish on top of the pile.

“There will be four or five teams battling with us for the championship, but our goal is to be champions. I will personally say one thing: we will achieve success.”

Hoeneß has also somewhat changed his tune over the UEFA Cup. In the past he has been reported as calling the competition the ‘loser’s cup’.

“I have never seen the UEFA Cup in this way. When the teams eliminated from the Champions League join in, it is a very attractive competition. When Werder Bremen reached the semi-finals, the Bremen fans went crazy. I am convinced we will not lose too much money.”

Hoeneß has done his job by delivering the squad. It is now up to the trainer and the players to fulfil the promises he had made.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:47 pm

I think the team will achieve success this year. As to how successful they will be this year is still yet to be seen. However, I think this team will be back on top. As they say...you gotta have faith.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hoeness unhappy at stadium critics

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:19 am

During yesterday's AGM, Hoeness lashed back at some shareholders commenting that the atmosphere in the Allianz Arena was better during the 1860 matches than FC Bayern's. I think the footage will end up doing the rounds like the Trappatoni's outburst, here to watch;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_o348o4b2I

Full story here;
http://www.soccer365.com/german_news/st ... 135101.php

Are there any Müncheners around who can tell us if it is true that the 1860 games are creating a better atmosphere at the Allianz Arena ?
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Beckham’s show fails to impress Bayern’s Hoeness

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:25 pm

David Beckham’s debut for AC Milan in a friendly match in Dubai has left Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness far from impressed.

Hoeness yesterday likened the match on Tuesday against SV Hamburg, in which Beckham played the first 45 minutes, to a Hollywood production.

He said the Dubai Football Challenge match had made him think that “the difference between Bayern and Milan is that one team plays football and the other makes a film as in Hollywood.”

Hoeness said the game before a 30,000 crowd at The Sevens stadium, was “not a football match but a production.” He would not be involved in anything similar.

“I am employed as a football manager and not to see that Mrs Beckham has a large apartment in a hotel, which corresponds to her wishes,” he said.

The Italian press were lukewarm on Beckham’s debut in a match AC Milan won on 4-3 penalties after the teams finished 1-1 at 90 minutes. The former England captain was unable to make much of an impression but was nevertheless pleased with his first-half outing.

“I am satisfied with my performance. Now I’m a bit tired, but it’s normal after all this hard work we did over the past days,” he said.

“I was comfortable in the middle of the pitch. My team mates are extraordinary players, playing with them is very easy.”

Coach Carlo Ancelotti was also pleased and has indicated the 33-year-old former Manchester United and Real Madrid star could make his Serie A debut when Milan play Roma on Sunday.

“Beckham played an excellent game, he did what he was asked to do,” he said.

“Certainly it’s a bit much to ask for great football when you’ve only been training for eight days. I am very satisfied with the work done these days.

Beckham has joined Milan on loan from US side LA Galaxy and hopes his stay at the Serie A club could boost his chances of regaining his England place during the MLS close-season.
The Peninsula
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: Beckham’s show fails to impress Bayern’s Hoeness

Postby Tomas » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:30 am

I really dont see how this crap can make news... UNLESS there is nothing else to write about. Im not a huge Beck's fan and think he is a HIGHLY over-rated player. He is very good at free kicks and set pieces. Other than that he is an average all-around player. The only thing he is better at than any other footballer is marketing. So I dont know why some people and the press expects out of him??? 4 or 5 goals per match??!! He is what he is and nothing more. The only people that know what to expect from him are people who know the sport and who know whats what in the world of football. Im surprised that Uli even said anything about this. "Hey Uli! Turn your nose around and put it where it belongs!... in Bayern's business!!!!!!" I want a 5th star on my CL shirt!!!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Piazza » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:33 am

I don't understand why he still commands a circus everywhere he goes, supporting Man Utd, for as long as I have, I can honestly say in his time, they're wasn't a better right-sided midfielder in the world when he was in his prime, one of the best pure passers I've seen.

However, his lack of effort, and overall flippancy in the performances he's put in in my country disappoint me greatly. Not to mention, am I the only one who doesn't care about Posh?
AND SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT!
Piazza
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:35 am

I dont think its only Becks himself that demands all the show around him (and his family) , I think its much more the weird creature he calls his wife. :lol:
Football has been in the background for him for a long time now , its all about new marketing deals and money.But who can blame him , I think 90 % of the people in his position would do the same.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:55 pm

The reason Becks joined Milan is to get back to his full-fitness, and that was his first match.. so, what do you really expect? :!:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:41 pm

Miss Dangerous wrote:The reason Becks joined Milan is to get back to his full-fitness

You really believe that fairy-tale ? The fact that he'll be keeping up his fitness while he's there is a positive side-effect but certainly not the main reason.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:50 pm

Becks su*ks!!! He is SOOOOO overrated, shitty player now. Many years ago he was good, but now he is not even mediocore :o

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Tomas » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:42 pm

MrLinky wrote:
Miss Dangerous wrote:The reason Becks joined Milan is to get back to his full-fitness

You really believe that fairy-tale ? The fact that he'll be keeping up his fitness while he's there is a positive side-effect but certainly not the main reason.

Im not so sure about "getting back to full fitness" but I think to play with England he needs to be "currently playing" with a team and since the MLS is in its off season I dont think Capello would actually put him on the bench. Also Beck's does love to play and thats a huge part of it. Look at what he was doing during the MLS season last year... playing for the England NT than flying back to the US right after the match so he could play with L.A. The guy loves to play so I give him that. But I dont think he will actually fare that well in Italy especially with AC. But whatever!

One thing with Beck's, he does help sell a crap load of jerseys. Everytime he transfers, people buy the new jerseys by the millions, especially in Asia. He is a marketing machine.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Tomas wrote:Im not so sure about "getting back to full fitness" but I think to play with England he needs to be "currently playing" with a team and since the MLS is in its off season I dont think Capello would actually put him on the bench.

Again , a pleasant side-effect he wont complain about.Besides , Capello isnt someone that goes by "names" , so as you said he might be part of the extended selection of the England squad but I dont think Fabio is seriously considering him as an option for the starting XI when he's got guys like Joe Cole , Theo Walcott and Wright-Philipps out there on the right side.

Tomas wrote:One thing with Beck's, he does help sell a crap load of jerseys. Everytime he transfers, people buy the new jerseys by the millions, especially in Asia. He is a marketing machine.

There you go , thats reason #1. :wink:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:35 pm

For me, yes.. Becks is a (Markting Machine), and it was one of the reasons why Milan agreed to sign him on loan. but still, he`s a very good player. he`s not a (magic-maker) though! or has skills like Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka or even Ribery. but he can do enough for the team to win the three points.
so far, he did well with Milan. scored two goals and created a few more!
I think he could be very usefull for England. he`s a leader and will give the younger players a lot of experience O:)
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Uli Hoeneß

Postby SilentStrike » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:21 am

he was a pretty good football player. Why did he quit at such young age? I think i was 27, just like deisler.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion