You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
64%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
21%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:24 am

Isabella wrote:What of this players has ever done half of what Dembele is doing?

I invite you to read about the Klose to Bayern transfer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Isabella » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:21 am

Oh, well but that was like ten years ago, right? So I never heard of that...

I searched on internet but do not found anything out of the usual Bayern business about it...
Bayern flirted with Klose for some years then decided they wanted him and offered some money to Werder when Klose had just a year of contract with them (saying who either Werder accepted or they will have waited another year for him, then offered a little more and Werder said yes)
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:18 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Uli again for Dortmund and Dembele.

Per Eurosport:
BAYERN PRESIDENT HOENESS SAYS BARCELONA ARE 'LOWEST CLASS' IF THEY'RE BEHIND DEMBELE ANTICS.
The Bavarian club's chief has backed rivals Dortmund in their quest to keep hold of the France international and is not happy with Barca's tactics
Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has hit out at clubs that try to manipulate the futures of players, pinpointing Barcelona in particular as a potential culprit.
Dortmund star Ousmane Dembele has been a target of the Catalan club, with Ernesto Valverde's side stepping up their pursuit of the winger following the sale of Neymar to PSG.
And speaking in reference to Dembele, who appears to be trying to force a move to Camp Nou having missed training, the Bayern chief was forthright with his statements.
"It cannot be that a player determines his price,” he told Eurosport . “If Barcelona are behind it, then I have no respect for that club. Forcing a player to break his contract is of the lowest class.
"Clubs must all show who is the boss – and these clubs must hopefully make sensible and watertight contracts.
"If you have that strength in your contracts, then players and agents can do what they want. We must return to the fact that a contract is a contract."

And 2 days later- Rummenigge defends Barcelona's Dembele bid.

Rummenigge defends Barcelona's Dembele bid [source]

#-o
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby pyrasur » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Meh he has a point. It's not classy, but this is business and Bayern aren't saints on the issue. Ultimately it's the responsibility of the player to act professionally.

Hoeness and Rummenigge ought to get together sometime though and look up the definition of "on the same page".
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Isabella » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:22 pm

pyrasur wrote:Meh he has a point. It's not classy, but this is business and Bayern aren't saints on the issue. Ultimately it's the responsibility of the player to act professionally.

Hoeness and Rummenigge ought to get together sometime though and look up the definition of "on the same page".

They just do not see things in the same way, and in any case Rummenigge just said to not be too quick in blaming Barca for Dembele's actions (aka he do not believe Dembele acted on suggestion from Barca's representative) while Hoeness said who Barca can not be respected if they are behind Dembele's action...
Is just a different point of wiev but that do not mean they are not on the same page (likely about other things they are often "not on the same page")
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby pyrasur » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:04 am

Fair enough :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:11 am

aterford wrote:
rthebest wrote:Sammer was keeping him in check. Internally Bayern should fine and suspend him.

It's funny, because according to Uli, Brazzo has done more in his first month than Sammer did in his entire time at FC Bayern.

And I'm not sure if Hoeness has helped Bayern more now than when he was in prison. I think he is harming the club, just my personal non-expert opinion.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:24 am

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:
rthebest wrote:Sammer was keeping him in check. Internally Bayern should fine and suspend him.

It's funny, because according to Uli, Brazzo has done more in his first month than Sammer did in his entire time at FC Bayern.

And I'm not sure if Hoeness has helped Bayern more now than when he was in prison. I think he is harming the club, just my personal non-expert opinion.

I tend to agree. IMO, I think there is still a place for Uli at the club - personally, I wouldn't at all mind to have him continue overseeing all aspects of our youth academy, FCB Campus, etc. However, I don't think his ego would allow for anything less than president - especially at this point. Perhaps if the board said "Uli, you can return but we want you as overseer for the academy, not president"...then MAYBE it could happen. Doubt it. But now that he has already returned to his old post? No chance he'd take a "demotion".
aterford
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:10 am

The problem with Uli Hoeness is that he's eccentric, and he loves to be seen as eccentric. So he will always be saying stuff that shocks people, and he's been doing it for as long as I remember. It's who he is. The problem is that the year is now 2017 and everyone is more politically correct than ever before, so nowadays it's considered too much over the top.

Add his ego and power-hunger into the mix and it will not be possible to sit down with him and ask him to take it down a notch.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Don't think pc's got anything to do with it... He was always a loudmouth... It's his judgement I don't trust anymore...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Only Uli can fix this mess and I believe that he will... he's got a lot of experience with different kind of situations. What is happening now is happening because he was absent for a while. The egomaniacs will get to know him better. :)
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:06 pm

JANCKER wrote:Only Uli can fix this mess and I believe that he will... he's got a lot of experience with different kind of situations. What is happening now is happening because he was absent for a while. The egomaniacs will get to know him better. :)

Well not to say Kalle did it better but when did he ever get somebody that wasn't a yes-man? Maybe Sammer?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 pm

JANCKER wrote:Only Uli can fix this mess and I believe that he will... he's got a lot of experience with different kind of situations. What is happening now is happening because he was absent for a while. The egomaniacs will get to know him better. :)

Things were fine when Uli left and they were fine when he returned.
Now he's back and things have went straight down the crapper and you're trying to claim it's because he left?
aterford
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:45 pm

aterford wrote:

Now he's back and things have went straight down the crapper and you're trying to claim it's because he left?

Yes. Mr. Bayern will return Bayern's identity which was lost during his absence. Nothing happened over night... and it takes time to revert. Ancelotti is the last shot of that failed policy.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 pm

JANCKER wrote:
aterford wrote:

Yes. Mr. Bayern will return Bayern's identity which was lost during his absence. Nothing happened over night... and it takes time to revert. Ancelotti is the last shot of that failed policy.

Except it wasn't lost during his absence. Nobody except for deluded Pep-haters thought that.
As i said: everything was fine when Uli left. everything was fine when he returned. When Uli first got back, nobody was saying "Our identity is gone, now Uli must save us" or "we lost our identity while Uli was gone". This conversation simply wasn't happening amongst reasonable people. It wasn't until Uli returned that these troubles started arising.
aterford
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion