You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
63%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
22%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby Achilles » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:04 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yet in the case of wingers, which has been a problem for years, we missed out on a number of great players who fit Uli's category and are now killing it elsewhere. I don't even dislike Gnabry, but Sane is much better, for instance. I have a lot of faith in Coman though, that was a good one if he were given more chances.

The other issue I have is that it is useless buying talent to leave them on the bench. Sanches was a magnificent purchase if this is our policy, but he was left on the bench behind a 35 year old all season. After that fiasco I find it hard to believe any young winger we buy will start over Robbery as long as they're fit. With an established one it's different.

Agreed in both paragraphs but they did spend and they did look after the winger section with players like Coman and Douglas. They didn't overlooked it and they didn't go cheap either. Unfortunately Douglas will be remembered as a flop while Coman is definitely one of the hottest prospects of wingers along with Sane and Dembele. We will see.

In the second paragraph while I agree it's not entirely up to the board, the coach decides who plays and who's not as I said I agree but atm it's all on Ancelotti's shoulders.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:18 am

dambun wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:The other issue I have is that it is useless buying talent to leave them on the bench. Sanches was a magnificent purchase if this is our policy, but he was left on the bench behind a 35 year old all season.

While I agree with the 1st part of your statement, I don't understand how you imply that Sanches was not playing because of Alonso!
He was not supposed to take Alonso's role in our squad, but that of Vidal's! He is a central midfielder for now...

Fair enough, but he did not help. Alonso replaced Kimmich who was our best player in the early season, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:49 am

dambun wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:The other issue I have is that it is useless buying talent to leave them on the bench. Sanches was a magnificent purchase if this is our policy, but he was left on the bench behind a 35 year old all season.

While I agree with the 1st part of your statement, I don't understand how you imply that Sanches was not playing because of Alonso!
He was not supposed to take Alonso's role in our squad, but that of Vidal's! He is a central midfielder for now...

Rummenigge explicitly said Sanches was bought to replace Alonso, not Vidal.
aterford
I post all the time

Uli Hoeneß

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:26 am

Achilles wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yet in the case of wingers, which has been a problem for years, we missed out on a number of great players who fit Uli's category and are now killing it elsewhere. I don't even dislike Gnabry, but Sane is much better, for instance. I have a lot of faith in Coman though, that was a good one if he were given more chances.

The other issue I have is that it is useless buying talent to leave them on the bench. Sanches was a magnificent purchase if this is our policy, but he was left on the bench behind a 35 year old all season. After that fiasco I find it hard to believe any young winger we buy will start over Robbery as long as they're fit. With an established one it's different.

Agreed in both paragraphs but they did spend and they did look after the winger section with players like Coman and Douglas. They didn't overlooked it and they didn't go cheap either. Unfortunately Douglas will be remembered as a flop while Coman is definitely one of the hottest prospects of wingers along with Sane and Dembele. We will see.

In the second paragraph while I agree it's not entirely up to the board, the coach decides who plays and who's not as I said I agree but atm it's all on Ancelotti's shoulders.

Of course they did go cheap... look at the names swirling around before Costa... then we get a shot player that had shown us how shit he was just a few months ago - and for years before that - just to save 5-10m bucks in the end...

Which we already paid for and we bow have to pay for again, since there's still no decent RW in the team except Robben...
And new mistakes are already in the making...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby dambun » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:47 pm

aterford wrote:Rummenigge explicitly said Sanches was bought to replace Alonso, not Vidal.

The management may have planned for him to take that role in the future. Last season, though, they were not direct rivals.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:09 pm

I think since Alonso was retiring it held back Ancelotti's desire to play Sanches more. I find it hard to believe Sanches was that bad in training especially after the praise he got in the pre season....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Uli Hoeneß on...

...Germany's triumphs in the European U-21 championship and the Confederations Cup: "Both events were fantastic for German football, especially the U-21s match. How wonderfully dominant our team were, controlling the final against Spain, who're regarded as one of the heavyweights in young European football. But Jogi Löw's men in Russia have also represented Germany in a wonderful way. We all can be proud to have great talents in both our U-21s and the standby candidates of our senior squad. I'm convinced we're well-prepared for the next five to ten years."

...Joshua Kimmich: "It goes to show you have to be patient and hand a young player a chance. I'm very happy Carlo Ancelotti has said he plans to integrate Joshua at right-back. He was buoyed by this confidence during the Confed Cup. We've all seen the result."

...Corentin Tolisso: "I've thoroughly acquainted myself with him and only received positive information. I'm really looking forward to meeting him. I tend to experiment instead of buying the big names for 60, 70, 80 million Euro and who're 26, 27, 28, 29 years old. I think it's a very reasonable decision to sign a 22-year-old with a good reputation."

...Sebastian Rudy: "The most successful transfers are the best ones, not those that cost the most money. I'm convinced Sebastian Rudy is one of those cases in which the value for money speaks most for the player."

...the goal for this season: "If we clinch the championship title I'll be very satisfied. We're facing an upheaval. It's a matter of course we aim to win more than one title in the midterm, after this upheaval."

...the trip to China: "You can't keep talking about internationalisation if you don't go where the fans are. If you want to reach out to these new markets you have to go there. But I also like that we have appointments close to home this year: in Wolfratshausen, in Erlangen. That's how I see FC Bayern."

PP:We'll be satisfiend with CL title,that's why you bring Carlo,right ?
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby rthebest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Uli keeps mentioning importance of giving young player playing chance. He clearly explains one of club's main expectation from Ancelotti. If he fails again he will be gone by the end of the season (hopefully)
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby prasun77 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:02 pm

If carlo fails it will not be his fault..this team is not good enough to win ucl..carlo would be glad to leave.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:56 am

prasun77 wrote:If carlo fails it will not be his fault..this team is not good enough to win ucl..carlo would be glad to leave.

Except the board doesn't consider not winning the UCL as a failure.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:07 am

The board doesn't consider a lot of things
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:53 am

prasun77 wrote:If carlo fails it will not be his fault..this team is not good enough to win ucl..carlo would be glad to leave.

Lol.

Of course it's his fault. He should have try to play WITHOUT Alonso first to get a big chance to win it.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:28 am

Coman wrote:

Lol.

Of course it's his fault. He should have try to play WITHOUT Alonso first to get a big chance to win it.

:?: :?:

Alonso is retired now :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 am

It was*. Bayern lost one year because of Ancelotti.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Coman wrote:It was*. Bayern lost one year because of Ancelotti.

Nah. Alonso was kinda useless, and shouldn't have started, we agree on that, but we still had a deficiency on the LW which hurt us in offense.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion