You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
63%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
22%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby aterford » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:25 am

I am more than okay with buying young but I think Uli's making it more black and white than it needs to be. What we need are more Tolissos and less Gnabrys. Don't wanna spend €100m on 29, 30 year olds? fine by me. But we also can't really expect to keep signing these €5, 10, 15, 20m young players and expecting them to all bring the same quality as the €100m 29 year old.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:34 am

Lahmies wrote:What he doesn't seem to get is we don't need an ENTIRE team of €100M players, but we do need one or two world class players NOW to strengthen our attack as Robbery decline. Getting promising 20 year olds isn't going to cut in the short term and our current world class generation will be lost soon without another CL title. It's a pity to see Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Vidal and Lewandowski try to win it by themselves as Ribery and Robben fizzle out...

Exactly this. I'm all for getting a lot of great youngsters (and probably loan them an such for a couple of years), but we also need 1-2 major signings not to waste this golden generations final prime years.

Also, Uli and people in general are taking this way out of context. We need 1 or maybe 2 major signings (that would cost way bellow 100m). Alexis would be a Javi-like transfer (right player for slightly too much money), not some galáctico policy of wasting 200m every summer.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:12 am

Well that's what you do when you justify shit at all costs...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:28 am

This is Uli Hoeneß's way of saying "we don't afford Sanchez". I think it's fair to say that our golden age is over. It was good while it lasted, but unless we are very lucky with the young players reaching their potential we are likely to stop being a top Champions League contender for a while.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:14 am

And we WERE lucky already with Robben/Ribéry...
Way to ruin what could've been the jumpstart to us being a real top club for decades...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Effenberg777 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:16 am

Uli is very very over rated
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:17 am

And senile

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Many of you may not agree with Uli's approach but I see the logic behind it....

Logic, yes. But not the right thing for us at this point in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Many of you may not agree with Uli's approach but I see the logic behind it....

Logic, yes. But not the right thing for us at this point in time.

If you can't beat them join them, the saying goes. However, for Uli we should simply throw in the towel and refuse to accept the reality that transfer fees have grown astronomically. By refusing to participate in this (admittedly) madness, we highly risk falling back and it won't be easy becoming a top three club again, especially with the rich English clubs fast catching up. I've always seen Bayern act in a way that avoided financial risks, but without the risks there is no gain except by great fortune in transfers panning out perfectly.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:31 pm

If you read between the lines..all he is saying in this interview is "forget the CL for the next 50 years!"
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:59 pm

In the football market nothing is guaranteed, you might don't want Gnabrys but then again we got some Goetzinhos and we were blown.
Kimmich was even more a nobody he turned out to be something special, we go out signing 10 youngsters and hopefully 4-5 of them can become Robbens,Mullers and Neuers. Thrown millions away to any kind of players doesn't guarantee nothing at all and it's clearly than if we can find the right one in the right price(40 to 50m) we go after him, I'm not into buying Alexis at all cost, we're Bayern not Tottenham.

I'm standing 100% behind Uli's statements, one thing is for sure we need a rejuvenation and we're doing fine, players such as Neuer,Muller,Hummels,Vidal,Lewandowski,Alaba can lead the young era just fine, we can afford the gamble of youth, if 4 or 5 of those fellas can flourish to world class then our future will be brighter than ever and as I mentioned, our core is world class already thing is to inject the right mentality and pick the right "next superstars" and at the age of U-21 I take no gamble Mbappe and Sule, B.Silva and Gnabry have same chances for me to become world class, one wonder season at this stage of their career is just a glimpse of their talents, their development and integration to another clubs is a whole different thing.

If the choices of the players by our MGT become huge flops then everyone has the right to criticize them as harsh as he can until then I support their decisions, Tolisso,Renato,Kimmich,Sule,Gnabry,Brandt,Goretzka are quality talents, we will see how much they can grow but coming here and badmouth them already is stupid. We signed two Golden Boys winners(Renato,Gotze) but still the usual suspects of this forum are still crying because we're buying mediocrity... yeah Sherlocks #-o
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:16 pm

President for life.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:30 am

Achilles wrote:If the choices of the players by our MGT become huge flops then everyone has the right to criticize them as harsh as he can until then I support their decisions, Tolisso,Renato,Kimmich,Sule,Gnabry,Brandt,Goretzka are quality talents, we will see how much they can grow but coming here and badmouth them already is stupid. We signed two Golden Boys winners(Renato,Gotze) but still the usual suspects of this forum are still crying because we're buying mediocrity... yeah Sherlocks #-o

Yet in the case of wingers, which has been a problem for years, we missed out on a number of great players who fit Uli's category and are now killing it elsewhere. I don't even dislike Gnabry, but Sane is much better, for instance. I have a lot of faith in Coman though, that was a good one if he were given more chances.

The other issue I have is that it is useless buying talent to leave them on the bench. Sanches was a magnificent purchase if this is our policy, but he was left on the bench behind a 35 year old all season. After that fiasco I find it hard to believe any young winger we buy will start over Robbery as long as they're fit. With an established one it's different.

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:51 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The other issue I have is that it is useless buying talent to leave them on the bench. Sanches was a magnificent purchase if this is our policy, but he was left on the bench behind a 35 year old all season.

While I agree with the 1st part of your statement, I don't understand how you imply that Sanches was not playing because of Alonso!
He was not supposed to take Alonso's role in our squad, but that of Vidal's! He is a central midfielder for now...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:55 am

By the way, I am perfectly convinced that our management's approach to mainly buy young talented players is the way to go... It is not our style to go crazy in an already-crazy market and break records... We are in this place because we always tried to make smart and financially sound pieces of business. We have to follow in the same footsteps...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion