You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
64%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
21%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:49 am

Selling costa. Sanches incoming in 3, 2 , 1 ...
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby #12 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:07 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
Ed. wrote:This
IsiahRashad wrote:
Bayern Munich have not become a 'retirement home' - Uli Hoeness [source]

This post and the interview it contains should be made sticky.
In the next few years, when people start to wonder where it all went wrong, this interview will be the equivalent of the Titanic departing Liverpool (or maybe that moment was when Hoeness was brought on board).

As pointed out, incorrect age for the Juve defence, perhaps he was talking average age?, even that is an irrelevant number when Buffon skews it so heavily. In any case, what can one expect from a senile old man? Let's play Ribery and Robben till they are 40.

Yes, the reference to the Chinese market is cringe worthy. Particularly hilarious is the bundesliga game taking place at primetime in China, but for some reason the chinese electing to watch them on their Iphones (which sell poorly in China btw as a share of total market), instead on one of the numerous televisions they manufacture or stream via one of the hundreds of illegal streaming sites they host.

Get this dinosaur out of this club!!!!

You are totally right.
Now,let's talk a little more about average age:

Juventus:
Position: Average age: (10.05.2017)
Goalkeeper 28,67
Defence 30,33
Midfield 25,78
Striker 26,40
Total: 27,81

Bayern:
Position: Average age: (10.05.2017)
Goalkeeper 31,67
Defence 28,00
Midfield 25,25
Striker 26,80
Total: 27,26

Edit: Also,this year's starting lineup against Real was the oldest one for Bayern in the Champions Leagues since 2003.I don't see things like that said against Juventus. #-o

No, it was the oldest EVER...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 11, 2017 6:57 pm

#12 wrote:No, it was the oldest EVER...

My bad...it's even worse..

IsiahRashad
I post all the time

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:05 am

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/8 ... 7408863238
Uli Hoeness abused during the U19 final

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 pm

Many of you may not agree with Uli's approach but I see the logic behind it....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Lahmies » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:43 pm

What he doesn't seem to get is we don't need an ENTIRE team of €100M players, but we do need one or two world class players NOW to strengthen our attack as Robbery decline. Getting promising 20 year olds isn't going to cut in the short term and our current world class generation will be lost soon without another CL title. It's a pity to see Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Vidal and Lewandowski try to win it by themselves as Ribery and Robben fizzle out...
Lahmies
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

That one got me like..To be, or not to be, that is the question..
I dont have problem with the young guns.Sure,i like to see young german players in the squad.But i want to see the best ones.If you're going to make something,make it good.Take the right ones.What's up with CL then ? Can bunch of young talents win us the CL ? Maybe they can.Maybe they can not.
Whether this has ever happened? I can put the 1991 Red Star Belgrad team here,and maaaaaaybe 2004 Porto team.
Can bunch of young talents win us the BL? Yes they can.
We all should make conclusions about that situation.I already made mine one.
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Uli Hoeneß

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:51 pm

Logic?

I see no logic whatsoever in ranting about and criticizing everyone who said or wrote Bayern need an overhaul/players to shape their future, dismissing it, calling it nonsense about a month ago, and now using exactly that argument in favor of the transfer policy...
Last edited by #12 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:51 pm

I don't mind the approach Uli has so far cause I don't think Bayern should go out splashing for the so called next best thing every transfer window. You only have to look no further than EPL clubs to show spending the most doesn't guarantee you any certainty. Also the young players Bayern have so far aren't some nobodies but very talented and highly sought for young players. It may not quench the thirst us fans have for another treble but it does guarantee the long term future of the club.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I don't mind the approach Uli has so far cause I don't think Bayern should go out splashing for the so called next best thing every transfer window. You only have to look no further than EPL clubs to show spending the most doesn't guarantee you any certainty. Also the young players Bayern have so far aren't some nobodies but very talented and highly sought for young players. It may not quench the thirst us fans have for another treble but it does guarantee the long term future of the club.....

... as RM's bitch, ready to complain about refs

Seriously, nothing "guarantees" success... But it is guaranteed that we are not continually strengthening our squad... Others do... And Hoffenheim wanting our only offensive "reinforcement" is not exactly "highly sought for" in my book...
Not about "next best things" but actually those that everyone wants...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:58 pm

#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:I don't mind the approach Uli has so far cause I don't think Bayern should go out splashing for the so called next best thing every transfer window. You only have to look no further than EPL clubs to show spending the most doesn't guarantee you any certainty. Also the young players Bayern have so far aren't some nobodies but very talented and highly sought for young players. It may not quench the thirst us fans have for another treble but it does guarantee the long term future of the club.....

Seriously, nothing "guarantees" success... But it is guaranteed that we are not continually strengthening our squad... Others do... And Hoffenheim wanting our only offensive "reinforcement" is not exactly "highly sought for" in my book...

My response to this and future posts like this until the transfer window is closed is "there is still a lot of time to make moves". I don't know if people remember but J.Martinez's transfer was completed in the last week of the window and he didn't play his first BuLi game 2 or 3 games into the fixture list. It is way too early to be making any conclusions.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
#12 wrote:

My response to this and future posts like this until the transfer window is closed is "there is still a lot of time to make moves". I don't know if people remember but J.Martinez's transfer was completed in the last week of the window and he didn't play his first BuLi game 2 or 3 games into the fixture list. It is way too early to be making any conclusions.....

Fair enough... I'm frustrated about this mediocrity so far... So my answer is: where should that player come from? As things have transpired no signing that is not called Lemar, Dembélé, Sanchez or Sané is not good enough to strengthen us enough to be competitive...
Just out of curiosity: what are you gonna say if this is it then August 31st?

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:04 pm

#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
#12 wrote:[quote="Firefox1234"]I don't mind the approach Uli has so far cause I don't think Bayern should go out splashing for the so called next best thing every transfer window. You only have to look no further than EPL clubs to show spending the most doesn't guarantee you any certainty. Also the young players Bayern have so far aren't some nobodies but very talented and highly sought for young players. It may not quench the thirst us fans have for another treble but it does guarantee the long term future of the club.....

Fair enough... I'm frustrated about this mediocrity so far... So my answer is: where should that player come from? As things have transpired no signing that is not called Lemar, Dembélé, Sanchez or Sané is not good enough to strengthen us enough to be competitive...
Just out of curiosity: what are you gonna say if this is it then August 31st? [/quote]
I can say force certainty that Bayern will make a move for an attacking player by then especially with Costa's departure imminent. So to answer your question I'm optimistic that I won't be disappointed when the time comes

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Lahmies » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:23 pm

Of course spending loads of money on every position isn't going to guarantee another CL title. And we don't want to be like the EPL teams or Real Madrid. But spending on the positions we do need is vital. We can't depend on Robbery anymore and in case they can't perform against the big teams in the CL we would be left again to face the giants with subpar reserves... We have no problem in signing young players for the future but this is a special situation. We need some quality on the wings for this season first. That is what scares me about Uli's words, since we know the future is already being planned at length...the present is our problem if we can't sign quality attackers.
Lahmies
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion