You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
64%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
21%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby endrity » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:We're all a bit frustrated, but you are being a bit overdramatic. We have a strong core. We're in top shape personnel wise on defense and midfield (Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Alaba, Kimmich; Javi, Thiago, Renato, Vidal). Several of those were huge signings btw. Hummels, Renato, Vidal... HUGE.

The only failure I see in our transfer management has been the way we have addressed the forwards problem. Getting Douglas Costa instead of KDB, Sané, Dembelé, Alexis... Relying on Robbery past their expiration date... We have been horrible in this regard, I agree. But don't overstretch it.

All it takes for our squad to be perfect again is something like Alexis Sánchez in, Costa out, and our squad is perfect again. Maybe another winger for RW too, but I'd rather just have Müller in the right and play an extra MF.

I am with you! We're not horribly exposed, we just need a bit more quality upfront and hopefully Kimmich to take the next step. I'd like us going after Naby Keita, but hopefully the team keeps seeing something in Renato and he can deliver.

The forwards area is a bit problematic but I think we also got a bit unlucky. After Douglas Costa and Coman having such a great season last year we probably thought that spending too much on Sane was not advised - and it seemed like a good decision at the time. Who'd have known that CoCo would have taken such a step back this year but that Robbery would also be so healthy again to play regularly?! But ultimately one big attacking addition with a more balanced squad behind should see us contend for the CL again next year.

Really really hope that Kimmich and Renato can make the leap they need to.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:24 pm

endrity wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:We're all a bit frustrated, but you are being a bit overdramatic. We have a strong core. We're in top shape personnel wise on defense and midfield (Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Alaba, Kimmich; Javi, Thiago, Renato, Vidal). Several of those were huge signings btw. Hummels, Renato, Vidal... HUGE.

The only failure I see in our transfer management has been the way we have addressed the forwards problem. Getting Douglas Costa instead of KDB, Sané, Dembelé, Alexis... Relying on Robbery past their expiration date... We have been horrible in this regard, I agree. But don't overstretch it.

All it takes for our squad to be perfect again is something like Alexis Sánchez in, Costa out, and our squad is perfect again. Maybe another winger for RW too, but I'd rather just have Müller in the right and play an extra MF.

I am with you! We're not horribly exposed, we just need a bit more quality upfront and hopefully Kimmich to take the next step. I'd like us going after Naby Keita, but hopefully the team keeps seeing something in Renato and he can deliver.

The forwards area is a bit problematic but I think we also got a bit unlucky. After Douglas Costa and Coman having such a great season last year we probably thought that spending too much on Sane was not advised - and it seemed like a good decision at the time. Who'd have known that CoCo would have taken such a step back this year but that Robbery would also be so healthy again to play regularly?! But ultimately one big attacking addition with a more balanced squad behind should see us contend for the CL again next year.

Really really hope that Kimmich and Renato can make the leap they need to.

This is a slight disagreement, but I'm gonna state it anyway: Douglas Costa was never good enough, he shouldn't have been bought, and the board should have planned like Robbery didn't even exist from 2014-2015 onwards. We let a lot of great players pass by since that date, I think it was an utter failure in squad planning.

Yet, as I already said, we lost those years, but fixing the problem is not that hard. We need 1 winger (two tops) and possibly a RB (I hope not) and that is all. We don't need a complete rebuild like Arsenal or Shitty or United. We just need 2 key signings and we have an ideal squad again.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:27 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
zozon wrote:Uli Hoeness: "It's better to have homegrown players than expensive stars. We'll still consider spending money if we see there's someone missing in a specific position."

RIP Bayern.

Welcome back all the Lell's, Ottl's and all other foreign mediocrities.

Come on... It's definitely better to have Alaba than Marcelo, Müller than Griezmann (despite this season), Lahm than Dani Alves. We said it himself that they would consider spending for specific positions. I think that fine. We need to spend for a LW, that's clear, but I'd like it if we could complement our core with homegrown players.

I'm all for homegrown talents but we don't seem to have many good ones coming up right now. Maybe he meant it as a vote of confidence in Kimmich, who is not exactly homegrown.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Well, Benko and Dorsch at least show SOME potential...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:This is a slight disagreement, but I'm gonna state it anyway: Douglas Costa was never good enough, he shouldn't have been bought, and the board should have planned like Robbery didn't even exist from 2014-2015 onwards. We let a lot of great players pass by since that date, I think it was an utter failure in squad planning.

Yet, as I already said, we lost those years, but fixing the problem is not that hard. We need 1 winger (two tops) and possibly a RB (I hope not) and that is all. We don't need a complete rebuild like Arsenal or Shitty or United. We just need 2 key signings and we have an ideal squad again.

I go back and forth on that myself. At the time I also thought we should have gone after KDB, Draxler and Sane, especially when it was clear that they all wanted to move on and they all leaked it on the press that they would have loved to play for us (especially the Germans).

On the other hand, D.Costa seemed mesmerizing in that first half of the season last year. Whatever I thought previously to his purchase I completely forgot since I thought he was going to become a complete star with us. Who the hell plays at that level and then completely drops off?!! That, I think, was the unlucky part which clouded our judgment.

Whether it was a mistake, or just us being unlucky, is what I am not completely sure. The good thing is Germany keeps producing young talents at a pretty good rate. I am not sure if Gnabry/Brandt are good enough, but there are always new players rising in Germany. One promising player and one global star (Sanchez), which are are well within our reach, and we can very well compete again.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 pm

#12 wrote:Well, we'll see - I'm honestly worried, but I'll be more than happy to be wrong, you being right...

Me too.

Yes, we only really need to fix the forwards and maybe improve the bench as far as midfielders are concerned, but some are either underestimating the effect of this problem or overestimating the benefits of having a world class defence. Already we are worse than our European rivals. This year we deserved to go through, but it was more on the basis of heart than legs. There's no denying Real troubled us a lot and although I do think we were the better team in the second leg, we weren't in the first and many would disagree about the second too. They're not going to stop investing, so the gap will get bigger.

We finished 2nd behind Atletico in the group stage, were eliminated by them last year. Almost eliminated by Juve last year and I'm not so sure we'd have beaten them this year. All this when we still have our current forwards, and the starters aren't bad by any means. It's only going to get worse when they leave too if we don't replace them with players who are just as good as they were in their prime,

Our board did one great thing last year, and that was signing Hummels. We already had a great defence and they still improved it and made it the best in the world. And now they signed Süle too. That's how an ambitious club should act, but it would be pretty bloody stupid if we get Süle but don't get players in other positions now. Barca have done the same thing for years, only with forwards instead of defenders, and look at their horrible season (by their standards).

I'm sure someone will say defence wins you tournaments. Maybe if it's the EURO with extra time and penalties and if you're Portugal you can get away with it, but not in the CL. You'll concede at some point. Many times we have looked like we have no idea how to score, with creative geniuses like Ribery. Imagine what happens with Costa full time instead. #-o We need players who can score against the very best, otherwise our excellence in other positions will be wasted.

We aren't going to become a bad club who can't win anything after a few years of success (see: Borussia Dortmund (sorry Borusse :P)). But again - we weren't before 2010 either. We can just forget about having a serious chance of winning the CL if we choose the likes of Costa over the likes of Sanchez. There is nothing to "consider" here. It's obvious. So yes, the club has to decide this summer what its ambitions are.

On a related note, that great core of players we have. I wouldn't worry about the German defence but if we no longer offer a realistic chance of CL success, Thiago, Vidal, and Lewandowski will move on before long. That's how important rejuvenating (and improving) that forward line is.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:51 pm

#12 wrote:Well, Benko and Dorsch at least show SOME potential...

In preseason friendlies. They've never been seriously considered in a competitive match and quite frankly, if Sanches isn't getting any minutes, I highly doubt we should be giving it to them because Sanches has insane potential.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:52 pm

This club is going downhill and Uli no longer has the charisma face it..
Uli is the new Arsene Wenger and we are the arsenal of UCL..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Bentonomo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:45 pm

prasun77 wrote:This club is going downhill and Uli no longer has the charisma face it..
Uli is the new Arsene Wenger and we are the arsenal of UCL..

Rumenige yes, but Uli just came back, you must give him more time.
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Erm time for what? To realize time goes by? Well duh!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bentonomo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

#12 wrote:Erm time for what? To realize time goes by? Well duh!

It shouldn't be easy to manage a club in jail
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:09 pm

But the mechanics of it habe not changed! Players get older and at some point you have to replace them...
And it's obvious what happens in other clubs and that we won't be a threat to them like this...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bentonomo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 pm

#12 wrote:But the mechanics of it habe not changed! Players get older and at some point you have to replace them...
And it's obvious what happens in other clubs and that we won't be a threat to them like this...

Blame others (rumenige)
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:42 pm

I blame em both actually

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:00 pm

#12 wrote:Erm time for what? To realize time goes by? Well duh!

I don't understand your frustration about Uli. Kalle has lost the plot, but what has Uli done (or not done) to warrant that?

Since his re-election, we've tied down Süle very early, which is amazing, and otherwise we haven't had the chance to enter a major summer transfer window so I don't understand where you're coming from. Before his exile we signed Götze who was at that time a major signing and we boldly broke our transfer record for an under-the-radar Bilbao player. If we sign no one this summer then I would agree with you but what the hell are you on about?
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion