You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
63%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
22%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 am

FC Bayern form since the start of this week:

Matches won: 0%
Matches drawn: 0%
Matches lost: 100%

:oops:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Uli Hoeness: New Bayern Munich sporting director has nothing to fear

Uli Hoeness has said the next sporting director of Bayern Munich has nothing to fear from either Karl-Heinz Rummenigge or himself, adding that there "aren't any better teachers."

Bundesliga champions Bayern have been operating without a sporting director since Matthias Sammer left last summer because of ill health.

Captain Philipp Lahm had been tipped to succeed Sammer when he retires from playing at the end of the season, but has since said he will not take up the role.

Bayern president Hoeness told Sport Bild: "I really don't like everything reported under the motto that whoever takes on the job must be afraid of Karl-Heinz Rummenigge or me.

"It's actually the opposite. Every young manager can only benefit from our experience. There aren't any better teachers around who know exactly how everything works.

"Instead, it's reported it didn't work out with Lahm because of the power-hungry Hoeness and Rummenigge -- like with Sammer and [Christian] Nerlinger [sporting director from 2009 until 2012.

"Both of the latter were also more than OK, but at Bayern you have to satisfy so many requirements for such a position."

Hoeness said he had believed Lahm would take on the job but stressed that his decision not to "doesn't affect our relationship."

He added: "I can still foresee Philipp assuming a role at the club when he feels ready -- which obviously isn't the case at the moment. He's still only 33 and has loads of time."
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:32 pm

No pressure Lahm in sure he will want to enjoy retirement before getting back to football again...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby zozon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Uli Hoeness: "It's better to have homegrown players than expensive stars. We'll still consider spending money if we see there's someone missing in a specific position."

RIP Bayern.

Welcome back all the Lell's, Ottl's and all other foreign mediocrities.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:25 pm

zozon wrote:Uli Hoeness: "It's better to have homegrown players than expensive stars. We'll still consider spending money if we see there's someone missing in a specific position."

RIP Bayern.

Welcome back all the Lell's, Ottl's and all other foreign mediocrities.

Come on... It's definitely better to have Alaba than Marcelo, Müller than Griezmann (despite this season), Lahm than Dani Alves. We said it himself that they would consider spending for specific positions. I think that fine. We need to spend for a LW, that's clear, but I'd like it if we could complement our core with homegrown players.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:36 pm

zozon wrote:Uli Hoeness: "It's better to have homegrown players than expensive stars. We'll still consider spending money if we see there's someone missing in a specific position."

Always has been like that, it's Bayern's philosophy to have as many possible quality German NT players with a mix of world class foreigners -not mercenaries- intergrated directly into the German/Bayern culture.

What Hoeness said is purely Bayern, right or wrong it's up to the fans but our history,trophies and the appreciation from the football world seems good to me, if someone doesn't like it... well you know...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby ottackon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Bayern is not a for-profit organization, so I still wonder where the hell all our money goes. Furthermore, we're wealthier than all those nouveaux riches.
Sometimes, you just need to twist your philosophy a bit to deal with the new market realities.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:01 pm

I'm gonna make myself unwanted again and go ahead and say a few things...

First: It IS better to have Müller, Lahm, Schweini, Alaba over someone else... It's NOT better to have Lappe for Lewandowski, Burger for Boateng and Hingerl and Öztürk for Thiago and Vidal - cause this it's how it's gonna be, face it!

Which brings me to what I really wanted to say: WE HAVE NO squad management, let alone long-term squad management! We're doing shit and we always have as long as the machine kept running somehow... Regardless even of available players!
We throw away prime opportunities to rejuvenate, makeover, improve, like Vidal in 2012, Sanchez, Carvajal, Kroos (instead getting an 8 years older Alonso...), Sané, Eriksen, Memphis, Kevin de Bruyne even... And we're unable to get a sporting director cause we pissed off Lahm... Additionally we're running high risk to save a few pennies - Lewandowski...
We have no age pattern whatsoever, we have no structure, no plan...!
We only really invested, when we **** up bigtime... Got Ribéry for the EuroLeague back then... For years the only shot we had at an international trophy, by the way...
The gap between us and the Spanish teams will only get bigger! We lost 5 of our last 5 encounters with Spanish teams - when we should win 3/5...
We're a big club, but our bosses? They still live in the last century...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kingbayern » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:23 pm

I think nothing is wrong..he said it there opportunity to sign someone else of quality we will but if its in the youth that can provide it they will promote them...to #12 I understand your frustration but this philosophy isnt something new we are doing...and ifs through this philosophy we were successful

While I have nothing aginst the big signing we made they have not brought of any Cl ...also it seem that you love Madrid philosophy so much why not be a fan and that was not an insult but if you are offended my apologies

bayern is the most well run club in europe and quite stable while I agree the transfer of Costa is coming close to a failure...Give me other facts why you state that we have poor management.

if its your opinion then I can understand but if you state that its facts I am going to need evidence.

while I know we want the best for our club, we have some knowledge of the game.....I think it fair to say that management knows what they are doing based on their knowledge and experience. This is not a insult towards you I agree with some of your sentiments in the past
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:39 pm

I just gave you the evidence dude...!?!
We are in a "best-of-Bundesliga" rut again! We were incredibly lucky to be this successful... Yet we made nothing of it, now it's over and we're just hoping to be lucky again instead of trying to stay up top and buy a few players like Rudy... ****, rather not buy at all!

People keep naming Madrid... Guess what? Madrid are doing an outstanding job... You may fail to see it, but di the names Carvajal, Casemiro, Asensio, Nacho ring a bell? They have half a squad already lined up to get in the drivers seat - we don't... We have no long term plan, everything we do, even if we sign somebody, appears to be short term... I'm all FOR players from our own youth, but we need the right facilities, coaches, coordinators and routines first!
This is crossroads! Lahm is leaving... Robben and Ribéry, face it, are in decline! If we don't do something NOW, we can all start calculating 2013-2001, and hoping it's not gonna be even longer...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 pm

#12 wrote:I'm gonna make myself unwanted again and go ahead and say a few things...

First: It IS better to have Müller, Lahm, Schweini, Alaba over someone else... It's NOT better to have Lappe for Lewandowski, Burger for Boateng and Hingerl and Öztürk for Thiago and Vidal - cause this it's how it's gonna be, face it!

Which brings me to what I really wanted to say: WE HAVE NO squad management, let alone long-term squad management! We're doing shit and we always have as long as the machine kept running somehow... Regardless even of available players!
We throw away prime opportunities to rejuvenate, makeover, improve, like Vidal in 2012, Sanchez, Carvajal, Kroos (instead getting an 8 years older Alonso...), Sané, Eriksen, Memphis, Kevin de Bruyne even... And we're unable to get a sporting director cause we pissed off Lahm... Additionally we're running high risk to save a few pennies - Lewandowski...
We have no age pattern whatsoever, we have no structure, no plan...!
We only really invested, when we **** up bigtime... Got Ribéry for the EuroLeague back then... For years the only shot we had at an international trophy, by the way...
The gap between us and the Spanish teams will only get bigger! We lost 5 of our last 5 encounters with Spanish teams - when we should win 3/5...
We're a big club, but our bosses? They still live in the last century...

We're all a bit frustrated, but you are being a bit overdramatic. We have a strong core. We're in top shape personnel wise on defense and midfield (Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Alaba, Kimmich; Javi, Thiago, Renato, Vidal). Several of those were huge signings btw. Hummels, Renato, Vidal... HUGE.

The only failure I see in our transfer management has been the way we have addressed the forwards problem. Getting Douglas Costa instead of KDB, Sané, Dembelé, Alexis... Relying on Robbery past their expiration date... We have been horrible in this regard, I agree. But don't overstretch it.

All it takes for our squad to be perfect again is something like Alexis Sánchez in, Costa out, and our squad is perfect again. Maybe another winger for RW too, but I'd rather just have Müller in the right and play an extra MF.

PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Well... You mentioned the forwards... Given our philosophy... Letting the next big German thing go to an English plastic club with a donkey for a coach: Do you - honestly - think we have a long-term plan?

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:08 pm

#12 wrote:Well... You mentioned the forwards... Given our philosophy... Letting the next big German thing go to an English plastic club with a donkey for a coach: Do you - honestly - think we have a long-term plan?

Yes, I think our 2021 plan is pretty solid. And I fully agree that we should have let Sané go to Shitty. I was so so in favor of getting him. But the overall squad is fantastic, it's just the LW that's poor and then maybe tactics. Come on dude. We have a ton of WC players at their prime or soon to be. We also have a few top talents. We are just missing the final touch.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Achilles » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 pm

#12 wrote:Casemiro, Asensio, Nacho ring a bell? They have half a squad already lined up to get in the drivers seat - we don't... We have no long term plan, everything we do, even if we sign somebody, appears to be short term...

These players plus a fullback are going to get in the drivers seat of Real Madrid ? OMG :lol:

We're going to be back of 2002-2009 era because we're gonna go into a rebuilding mode meaning just a couple of world class signing in attack? let's make it three and add a midfielder transfer for the "hardcore fans" like yourself. You are deluded, not having a clue about football and clearly not about Bayern. A squad with Boateng,Hummels,Thiago,Alaba,Muller,Lewandowski,Vidal all in prime under their 30s plus the best GK in the world and two incoming transfers for example are going to become a mediocre team? Cut it off buddy, you're not being funny at all...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Well, we'll see - I'm honestly worried, but I'll be more than happy to be wrong, you being right...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion