You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
63%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
22%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby Coman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:59 am

Best football club president in the world.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Achilles » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:56 am

Great news, really great news! =D>
Welcome back Uli Hoeness!

He is the face of Bayern and the biggest personality off all time for the club, everyone is below Hoeness when it comes to Bayern, the effort, the work as an idealist he has put in this club and will continue to do so is unmatchable.

Replacing Robbery looks like a piece of cake compared to Hoeness future successor.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 pm

players about to get some stick
Can't see tweet? Click here!
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Achilles » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:49 pm

That's my boy =D>
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Hoeneß: "I can not imagine myself going to run arm in arm with Watzke."
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Uli Hoeness' return will bring friction, energy back to listless Bayern Munich BY RAPHAEL HONIGSTEIN

Spoiler: show
Ten momentous days for Bayern Munich have brought two important defeats (away to Rostov in the Champions League and Borussia Dortmund in the league), one fortunate win (at home to Bayer Leverkusen), the return of president Uli Hoeness, and above all, a sense of impending, drastic change. Things will be very different in the coming months.

The main, if not sole, reason for upheaval is the shift in the centre of gravity that Hoeness' comeback will facilitate after serving half of a 42-month jail sentence for tax evasion. His triumphant reelection as club president last Friday at a heaving, emotionally charged Audi Dome in Munich, with 98.5 percent of the vote, provided the main architect of Bayern's development into a global superpower with a strong mandate to become the most important man at Sabener Strasse once more.

Within minutes of his comeback, the former West Germany winger made his presence felt, sparring with journalists at the news conference, relishing the challenge provided by league leaders RB Leipzig -- "it's good to have a strong rival to bother us, it brings out the best in us" -- and putting the brakes on Philipp Lahm's appointment as sporting director next season. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge had earlier presented the captain's promotion in 2017 as a fait accompli on the Audi Dome stage, but Hoeness perhaps harbours some doubt.

"We have more important things to talk about right now," he said.In his absence, Bayern had become a quieter club, less aggressive in its public utterances, conciliatory even. Stand-in president Karl Hopfner, the former finance director, kept a low profile, while Rummenigge lived a relatively charmed life. With tactical genius Pep Guardiola in charge on the touchline, and technical director Michael Reschke expertly pulling the strings in the transfer market, Bayern had little to worry about in sporting terms and could instead concentrate on growing the brand internationally. Domestically, no one could touch them.

Right now, life is less gilded for the champions, however. Leipzig show no signs of slowing down, progress in the Champions League could well depend on a favourable draw of the round of 16 -- Bayern are not seeded, for the first time in five years -- and the ageing squad will have to undergo a transition in the course of the next 18 months. Xabi Alonso, the central linchpin, is likely to leave when his contract expires in the summer; Lahm could retire a year before his contract ends in 2018 and Arjen Robben might yet leave in June if he and Bayern don't agree to a new deal.

Bayern's search for long-term replacements for the Dutchman and Franck Ribery on the wings will intensify again in light of Douglas Costas' loss of form and Kingsley Coman's inconsistency. The rebuilding process is not helped by the superlative level of the team's collective showings under Guardiola. The Catalan made every individual play better, above and beyond their individual capacity. Now, most squad members have reverted back to the mean and produce a far less impressive output. Should they be judged on the absurd heights reached in the last three campaigns or on the far more mundane reality of the Carlo Ancelotti regime? Meanwhile, Hoeness' reappearance as Rummenigge's equal -- at least -- will only make life a bit more complicated off the pitch, too. Everyone could see on Friday that the time spent atoning for his "terrible mistake," as he put it, hasn't mellowed him. He's still just as intolerant of failure (i.e. any finish below first place in Germany) as he has ever been. The club will become less business-like, more personable, a bit more like the often-propagated family, headed by an immensely popular patriarch who will polarise opinion along the lines of club allegiance more than ever. Hoeness will provide the human touch, the folkloristic pathos that many fans feel has been missing recently. And he will also ramp up the volume. Hoeness is not one for idly sitting by as the side continue to underwhelm, and he's not one for fraternisation with sporting rivals either. "I won't walk arm in arm with people in Dortmund," he said.

First, though, he will look to get his own house in order. The board's disappointment with the performances of the team under Ancelotti runs deep, much deeper than they have let on so far. In public, the bosses have blamed players for not trying hard enough but the real quarrel is with Ancelotti, whose regime is being seen as a bit too comfortable and not varied enough, in terms of the playing style. The pressure on the Italian to work harder -- and to work the team harder in return -- will increase with Hoeness back in charge. The new president is far less invested in the manager than executive chairman Rummenigge, who personally phoned Ancelotti a year ago and asked him to take over this summer.

While the two Bayern big shots are in agreement about the need to push the squad harder, the fault line between could become more relevant if results and performances don't pick up. In the past, Hoeness and Rummenigge have often taken turns in appointing managers. Ancelotti, Rummenigge's man, should take heed of precedent. It was certainly interesting to hear Hoeness' praise Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuttl, a former player for Bayern's second team, on Friday night. "He's done a very good job," Hoeness said.

Suddeutsche Zeitung cited a club insider who believes that the renewed combination of Rummenigge and Hoeness, their differences notwithstanding, offers huge promise for Bayern. "Friction creates energy," Hoeness himself said after his reelection. No one's in any doubt that he will bring both to Sabener Strasse.
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:41 pm

Since Hoeneß return as FC Bayern president. There are 3 wins. Before his resignation (14/3/2014), we were unbeaten in 51 Bundesliga games.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Bayern do not bow to money - Hoeness urges Bavarians to set themselves apart from Europe's elite [source]

"Bayern is something completely different compared to the other big clubs in Europe, which have become real big money machines and bow to the economic force," Hoeness told Bild.

"Money is important, of course, but we should stay as this different football club.

"I guess that I will have to bring back many things I've already done before [to the role of president]. I have to be very emotional and help to set the club apart from the others.

"I feel very relieved as I was quite nervous during the weeks before the election.

"But after that I was very happy not only about the election result but also about the way people have been cheering and absorbing me into the Bayern family again."
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:19 am

HOENESS „Es wird einen 200-Mio-Transfer geben“ [source]

OFFICIAL: Messi to Bayern. :P
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:26 pm

It's more a general assumption than related to Bayern...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:02 pm

The Allianz Arena supremo thinks it is inevitable that fees will continue to rise and expects a move worth over £168 million in the near future

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness believes it is a matter of time before a club breaks the transfer record and pays in excess of €200 million (£168m) for a player.

Manchester United made Paul Pogba the most expensive player in the world during the close-season when they paid €105m to lure the Frenchman away from Juventus, breaking the previous record held by Gareth Bale following his €100m move to Real Madrid.

Hoeness had felt the rise of transfer fees was bound to hit the ceiling sooner rather than later, but he now thinks new commercial opportunities make further inflation inevitable.

"I said a number of years ago that we had reached the financial limits. I was wrong," Hoeness told Bild.

"If Bayern take on Dortmund and both teams have a Chinese player in their team, about 300 million Chinese people are watching the game online and are paying €1 to do so, we get an entirely new situation... That would mean €300m on just one day.

"I am convinced that we will soon see a player change clubs for a transfer fee of €150 million or €200 million."
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MoFattal » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:41 pm

So, who's the best Chinese player nowadays 8) ?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness in favour of scrapping 50+1 rule [source]
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby prasun77 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:57 pm

It will definitely come eventually but be prepared coz all hell will break loose..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:17 pm

prasun77 wrote:It will definitely come eventually but be prepared coz all hell will break loose..

If all hell breaking loose means Bundesliga is getting better, I'd rather it come as soon as possible. I'm sick of the league being shit and blaming Bayern for it.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion