You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
63%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
22%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:04 pm

The message is that our law-system works... Law enforcement is not there merely to punish, but because we believe that people can change, and that people who made mistakes can become a part of society again, once their debt towars said society is paid off... Also, basically every German club has their own criminal... Just find some information about a certain Dr. Reinhard Rauball, I dare you... ;) In short: he even passed a law in NRW to grant him immunity for his real estate fraud... ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:07 pm

I would... but I don't know for others. For me there are many others that are doing worst and are not prived of anything, but this is Germany. He's a former footballer who got greedy and GOT CAUGHT for a difference from the others... Getting caught and still doing it without being caught is a big difference, but I would support his comeback entirely without a doubt.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:15 pm

He didn't get caught, he turned himself in... And that usually means however much money you evade paying, you walk away a free man... It was just a flaw, a vice of form that got him into jail...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:20 pm

Do you think he'd have turned himself in if he didn't think he'd have been caught anyway? This tax thing, I doubt that many aren't tempted or not doing it... but as I said it's a different thing when you get caught once.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby albanian7 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:00 am

nm462272 wrote:
albanian7 wrote:Which opens up a new topic for discussion. What would you think of him getting back in a high, official position at the club?

The guy is an absolute legend, but what message does that send if the club re-employs someone who broke the law to that degree. I am torn... :|

I think it goes deeper than that. It will be downright ugly if the most important man of the last half-century for Bayern gets kicked out by the club because "it would damage the image". On the other hand, I'm very sure that he loves the club and wants the best for Bayern, so he won't push for a top position if that would damage the club beyond repair.

Personally, I have absolutely 0 problem with him at the top. He's proven at Bayern - the most proven man we have. He dedicated decades and endless hours and his hard work for the club. He - with or without tax evasion - embodies Bayern in a way no one else can. I respect the man too much to care about his taxes (it's not like I'd get his tax money in services or anything anyway). If we want to continue being Bayern, he should be welcomed in the club and fully supported, because the man earned that right. He was the one to take care of Gerd Mueller when he had alcohol problems, he was the one who employed Breno as a youth coach after he burnt his own house down, he personally intervened when Ribery went through that sex scandal and helped him. And now the club will turn its back to him? For what, taxes?

I'm perfectly able to put aside my moral concerns over his tax problems and acknowledge his stance within the club.

But, on a totally different note:

I think it's the best thing for Bayern to make use of the past years to ease the transition into a non-Uli and non-Kalle era, since well, they'll legends but they're getting old and they'll die soon. The sad truth, but the club has to prepare
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nm462272 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:59 am

albanian7 wrote:
nm462272 wrote:
albanian7 wrote:Which opens up a new topic for discussion. What would you think of him getting back in a high, official position at the club?

The guy is an absolute legend, but what message does that send if the club re-employs someone who broke the law to that degree. I am torn... :|

I think it goes deeper than that. It will be downright ugly if the most important man of the last half-century for Bayern gets kicked out by the club because "it would damage the image". On the other hand, I'm very sure that he loves the club and wants the best for Bayern, so he won't push for a top position if that would damage the club beyond repair.

Personally, I have absolutely 0 problem with him at the top. He's proven at Bayern - the most proven man we have. He dedicated decades and endless hours and his hard work for the club. He - with or without tax evasion - embodies Bayern in a way no one else can. I respect the man too much to care about his taxes (it's not like I'd get his tax money in services or anything anyway). If we want to continue being Bayern, he should be welcomed in the club and fully supported, because the man earned that right. He was the one to take care of Gerd Mueller when he had alcohol problems, he was the one who employed Breno as a youth coach after he burnt his own house down, he personally intervened when Ribery went through that sex scandal and helped him. And now the club will turn its back to him? For what, taxes?

I'm perfectly able to put aside my moral concerns over his tax problems and acknowledge his stance within the club.

But, on a totally different note:

I think it's the best thing for Bayern to make use of the past years to ease the transition into a non-Uli and non-Kalle era, since well, they'll legends but they're getting old and they'll die soon. The sad truth, but the club has to prepare

I agree, but I do have minor reservations about him taking a senior role. Yes, Bayern brought back someone like Breno who had also broke the law, but that was a minor coaching role to help get him back on his feet. I would LOVE to have Uli back in some capacity, but it may be "too much" having him back in a senior role.

Agreed with your 2nd point - the club needs to continue cultivating younger guys to step up when Hoeness and KHR are no longer able to perform their roles. Can't picture this being the case (at least with KHR) for another 10 years though - luckily!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:40 am

Luckily? With Kalle? :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Also, "die soon" is a bit harsh and not true... And I think Hoeness still has a big say... You can sense it and hear it from time to time - so no real transition yet... It has to happen though and it will... We have Schweini and Lahm, and then in hopefully many years Thomas... All three coming from a team as legendary as the 74-76 guys...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:44 am

Karma for not trusting Jupp enough for the 2nd time. :P
Strangely enough Germans are the first to be caught every time, now Der Kaiser...
Boy, we're some dangerous criminals.
I don't know if Uli would be willing to take that position again because of his damaged public authority, image, they'd be like "look who's talking a former felon", I wouldn't be sure that he'd like or be willing to put himself through that. At least I wouldn't expect the same approach that he has been known for but something more quiet...
I think he'll spare himself of that... even if offered.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:59 am

nm462272 wrote:The guy is an absolute legend, but what message does that send if the club re-employs someone who broke the law to that degree. I am torn... :|

It says Breno.
Taxes paid, with interest.
Time served.
Still able to contribute to society.
Successful explayer turned manager back to managing club he built.

coming to think of it, it does say a lot of things.

:P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:02 pm

I think Uli has a conscience which wouldn't make a return to his old job easy unlike others as much as we want it to happen.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:05 pm

I don't think he will immediately get his old position back but I don't think Bayern or anyone should defame him for crimes of the past, since all people are prone to mistakes and if the prove there worth be given a second chance.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ballackfcb » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Uli was at FCB training yesterday with Pep and Wahiba Ribery.

https://www.bildpl.us/sport/fussball/uli-hoeness/besuch-beim-bayern-training-43639144.html
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Wahiba keeping an eye on Ribs.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:56 pm

He will be a free man on 29th February 2016.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:11 pm

He MIGHT be... The court has yet to decide...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion