You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
64%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
21%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby jaybayern » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:58 am

it hit me hard ...even now i am shock.....stay strong my friend......we have your back .....mia san mia family, bayern
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby tflags » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:00 am

Years ago a shrewd lady made a fortune out of things she devised using her plain hands. She built an empire and it bore her name. She was on TV, newspapers, had her own magazine, retailers had her linen sheets in preferential shelves on stores scattered throughout the country. She was the embodiment of good taste, elegant and yet simple decor and marvelous do-it yourself cuisine. She did it her way and she built it alone from the ground up. She made millions of the low 9 digits kind.

Then shew screwed the government out of 20 thousand US dollars. And she got caught.

Coming to think of it it was really stupid back then but the sum wasn't important; as a matter of fact the sum was not important at all. She stood trial, lost, went to jail. It was a scandal and it covered the news for months on end.

She served her sentence alright and then she came back. Still had her TV show and her magazine and her empire. Eventually, if not quickly, people forgot about the tax affair and recognized the fact that despite her misdeeds, she was still that elegant lady that worked wonders with her plain hands. Martha Stewart is the name and she is still respected and admired and up to this day I didn't realize that I had completely forgotten about her imprisonment when I saw her back on tv.

Everyone deserves a second chance.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby The Spyware » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:54 am

That is immensely sad :(
Ok he deserves that, but as you said, it's like having a family member sentenced to jail, and it's not just a family member it's the boss of the family and the one responsible for all the blesing and reputation of it :(
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Evandro » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:38 am

All FCB family support you Uli!
We hope a reduction for 1-1,5 year and so come back home forever!
Good luck
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby icewizard » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:04 am

Hello all...

Instead of being sad at the decision, i'm even sadder at what brought it in the first place: Tax Evasion.

To be honest, on a sports and club management side: Uli became one of the best especially in terms of business management and sound finances! Bayern are today what they are due to decisions taken way before and sound management, and Uli is a main part of this (if not the most important!).

But as a citizen, i'm not here to shock anyone, but he is a convicted and proven tax evader now, and not for hundreds or thousands of euros, we're talking about more than 25 million euros! I don't know if people notice, but some people go to jail for stealing a few hundred or thousands euros... What if other people steal millions?!

In the end, what really happened? Was he evading taxes on purpose, or did he put his trust on a bad accountant who made bad tax optimization?

But this said, isn't Federal Germany better off with a very hard fine (= double? triple?) instead of a prison sentence? They'll have to pay for his imprisonment, so why spend more federal money on a guy who has evaded tax? That sounds quite logic for me and that would not encourage other people to steal...
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MatZam » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:56 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... mentpage=1

Seems to offer some hope on a reduced sentence/parole
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:33 am

After discussing the matter with my family I have decided to accept the judgment passed by Munich District Court (Landgericht) II regarding my tax affairs. I have instructed my legal representatives not to appeal the verdict. This corresponds to my understanding of integrity, decency and personal responsibility. Evading tax was the biggest mistake of my life. I accept the consequences of this mistake.

Furthermore I hereby resign the offices of president of FC Bayern München e.V. and chairman of the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board with immediate effect. By doing so I wish to avert further damage to my club. FC Bayern München is my life’s work and will always remain so. I will continue to be associated with this magnificent club and its people in other ways for as long as I live.

I wish to thank from the heart my personal friends and all followers of FC Bayern München for your support.

Uli Hoeneß

Wow...
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Badger » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 am

[Probably my only post on Uli, until he is eventually released.]

I am more than sorry about Uli’s situation. I appreciated him very much indeed. He was a great man in the world of Bayern and football, and did a lot of good both within and beyond Bayern Munich. He will be missed by many, especially by the current players and staff.

I don’t condone his tax evasion. It was a foolish risk, and it backfired. I believe huge fines/repayments, etc, would have been an adequate punishment, but this is German law, and it has been applied to Uli much as it would have been applied to any other person. That, unfortunately, is what we have to live with now.

There will be a media circus for a week or two on the subject, but it will soon become old news and the media will move on. I can’t see any point in acknowledging, responding to, or discussing anything published by the media.

Other clubs will be professionally respectful and probably say nothing, but their fans will bring up the subject from time to time when they are envious of Bayern’s success and are scraping the bottom of the barrel to hit back at Bayern. I can’t see any point in acknowledging, responding to, or discussing anything those fans say.

I feel that the commercial image of Bayern probably needs another president now, so Uli had to resign. I don’t think that he can ever return to the post actively either, but I hope he is given some title like Beckenbauer’s of honorary president.

Unless Bayern Forum, as a registered club, wants to formulate an official letter of support, I am unlikely to mention the painful subject for a long time. I look forward very much to the day when Uli is a free man again.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:30 pm

All I have to say is that Uli is an amazing person, he always puts the club first and for that I am forever thankful to Uli.

Uli has made the club what it is today - the best club in the world.

I was fortunate enough to be at the Uli Hoeness Cup against Barcelona in July 2013.
I will never forget the reception Uli got from the Bayern fans when he handed over the trophy to FC Bayern (Bayern won 2-0, Lahm and Mandzukic scored :D )

Mia San Uli
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby prasun77 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:11 pm

HAINER REPLACES HOENESS AS BAYERN'S SUPERVISORY BOARD CHAIRMAN [source]
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby kod2600 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Deal Uli,

In these dark days in your and Bayern's life, we can only thank you for everything you've done to Bayern, starting from being a Bayern player, to you being the president and Chairman of the supervisory board. We all hate the way it had to end, but you were strong enough to admit to your fault and to resign right away out of love to the club and it's image, and we support you no matter what. You might just be a random rich man to most of the world, but to us, you are a Bayern legend, an important reason of the 70's success and the new era success, you will forever be Bayern's president for me. Thank you for everything, and it's not the last goodbye, I'm sure we will see you again. Until then...Thank you for the millionth time and god bless you.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Badger wrote:I feel that the commercial image of Bayern probably needs another president now, so Uli had to resign. I don’t think that he can ever return to the post actively either, but I hope he is given some title like Beckenbauer’s of honorary president.

This is what I predict will happen, although I do not exclude the possibility of him returning as president if the management is struggling. We will see, I guess.

In a way (and please don't get me wrong on this), the silver lining may be that Bayern now have to deal with the post-Hoeness era at a time when we are on top of the world. Sporting success is unlikely to suffer much in the coming years. Of course, Hoeness has passed down most of his power to Sammer, but dealing with the post-Hoeness era was always going to be a challenge, and it was bound to happen in a few years' time anyway. Even as general manager it took a couple of years to replace him adequately, even though he still formed part of the club. In a way it is lucky that it happened now, when we can afford the management side of Bayern to struggle a bit without compromising our sporting success.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby armbrust » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:00 am

I dont know anything about german laws. I dont know to much about stock markets either.

But i do know a lot about online poker, actually im a profesional poker player and goverments has been looking how to get a piece from the industry in the last 5 years, some europeans countries like italy and france are allready insanely taxing it at the point that its imposible to make a living from online poker at these countries.

Im not against to pay some kind of tax, but online poker, sport sites and even the stock market cant be compared to regular business. Regular business are +ev (that means that you can expect a regular profit and in consecuence you can tax it with a profit % structure. But its insane to use a similar tax structure in something that its so volatile like online poker or stock markets, if i use mutu´s perception for online poker we even should get tax reduces because online poker is -ev for the players universe, for example in my case, everytime i withdraw 100$ its means that someone else lost 200$ (100$ spended on site rake). So in ulis case doesnt someone else lost money when he did all his winnings?.

Anyway, how should then be taxed online poker and stock markets?

Well its pretty easy: Tax over withdraws: everytime i withdraw 100$ from a poker site tax me some % of the withdraws , same should work for stocks markets, just make specials accounts for only stock market use and only tax them when you take out money from them. So lets say ulis deposited 10M and converted them to 50M, but he could have made the earnings with only one stock operation or maybe after 500K stocks operations ( in my case i play 500K poker hands in one year) so its insane to tax every operation or even a time period (i have heard about profesional poker players who have had loses in a overall year), but when you really want to collect the profit, then you get the tax discounted.

#miasanuli
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:13 pm

armbrust wrote:Well its pretty easy: Tax over withdraws: everytime i withdraw 100$ from a poker site tax me some % of the withdraws

So if I depo $100 and lose $20, decide to withdraw the remaining $80 I'm taxed? That just doesn't make sense :?
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby armbrust » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:25 pm

So if I depo $100 and lose $20, decide to withdraw the remaining $80 I'm taxed? That just doesn't make sense :?

Sry for not explaining it most clearly: taxes are aplicable only when withdraws exceed deposits amounts.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion