You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
63%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
22%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:28 pm

As long as justice is reached im content. Sadly it had to be a man i respect a lot and still do but it is what it is :cry:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tedesco » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:29 pm

MUTU wrote:He broke the law. But he did something very normal.

I don't know if you're a gambler. But even if you aren't, you will understand me. You can open an account on bwin.com and deposit 100 euros. Let's say you bet on a match and that 100 euros becomes 300 euros (profit of 200 euros). You don't withdraw the money but rather next week you bet all the 300 euros on a match and you lose all your money. Tell me, would you contact the authorities and tell them that you had temporarily earned 200 euros in order to pay taxes on them? I wouldn't, so I'm just like Hoeness. I wouldn't even have thought that was illegal, though that doesn't excuse him because when you're dealing with millions you should really check into the law.

According to
bwin.com [source]
:
If you win any value from betting, they will collect 5% from the prize for taxes.

After that I believe you could declare it with no further taxation.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MatZam » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:30 pm

According to the Guardian article I posted earlier, the standard sentence is paying back everything plus 6%. This is quickly becoming a farce, it is clear that the prosecutors are abandoning the law they hold so dear because they simply want to make an example out of him. Shameful.

I really hope he attends the match tonight, and that the lads give it their all for him. If he is going to be convicted and go to jail, the very best thing the players can do is put on a performance for the ages.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:37 pm

MatZam wrote:According to the Guardian article I posted earlier, the standard sentence is paying back everything plus 6%.

That apparently is only relevant for when the accused himself goes to the tax authorities, but there are claims that Hoeneß only went to the tax authorities because he was already under preliminary investigation. If this is proven to be true, then it changes everything.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:40 pm

If only we are in Spain or even my own country, or if Hoeness was a bank. He would barely get his hands slapped. #-o
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Tedesco wrote:
MUTU wrote:He broke the law. But he did something very normal.

I don't know if you're a gambler. But even if you aren't, you will understand me. You can open an account on bwin.com and deposit 100 euros. Let's say you bet on a match and that 100 euros becomes 300 euros (profit of 200 euros). You don't withdraw the money but rather next week you bet all the 300 euros on a match and you lose all your money. Tell me, would you contact the authorities and tell them that you had temporarily earned 200 euros in order to pay taxes on them? I wouldn't, so I'm just like Hoeness. I wouldn't even have thought that was illegal, though that doesn't excuse him because when you're dealing with millions you should really check into the law.

According to
bwin.com [source]
:
If you win any value from betting, they will collect 5% from the prize for taxes.

After that I believe you could declare it with no further taxation.

That's irrelevant for me since I'm not living in Germany, so they don't take 5%. Besides, according to Wikipedia the average tax % for Germany is 29.8%, certainly higher than 5%.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:44 pm

runaway wrote:If only we are in Spain or even my own country, or if Hoeness was a bank. He would barely get his hands slapped. #-o

Well, you can make a lot of "ifs". For example, if Uli Hoeness didn't make any temporary profits and immediately lost all his money through the stock gambling (which he did eventually), he wouldn't have owed the taxman an extra cent, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Probably every time that Bayern lost a match, Hoeneß would go home angry and gamble around on stocks. Sometimes he'd win, sometimes he'd lose.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:55 pm

runaway wrote:If only we are in Spain or even my own country, or if Hoeness was a bank. He would barely get his hands slapped. #-o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Tedesco » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:00 pm

MUTU wrote:That's irrelevant for me since I'm not living in Germany, so they don't take 5%. Besides, according to Wikipedia the average tax % for Germany is 29.8%, certainly higher than 5%.

But Uli does live in Germany. That was my point based on your example.

And as far as I know before 2012 there was no taxation on money earned via betting, lottery, etc in Germany.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Tedesco wrote:
MUTU wrote:That's irrelevant for me since I'm not living in Germany, so they don't take 5%. Besides, according to Wikipedia the average tax % for Germany is 29.8%, certainly higher than 5%.

But Uli does live in Germany. That was my point based on your example.

And as far as I know before 2012 there was no taxation on money earned via betting, lottery, etc in Germany.

If I recall correctly from what I read, Uli was stock trading between 2003 and 2009. For the sake of the law it doesn't get categorised as gambling however, but as investment. The law's really dicking him off.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 pm

MUTU wrote:
MatZam wrote:According to the Guardian article I posted earlier, the standard sentence is paying back everything plus 6%.

That apparently is only relevant for when the accused himself goes to the tax authorities, but there are claims that Hoeneß only went to the tax authorities because he was already under preliminary investigation. If this is proven to be true, then it changes everything.

From what I had read it he wasn't under preliminary investigation officially. It was media who had somehow got hold of his off-shore account details and published them. Also, there was a mention of a new bilateral treaty between Germany/Switzerland sharing the details of all account holders. It is rumoured that Uli might have come out voluntarily in fear of that. The opposition is probably going to use this stance.

I am disappointed in him but if mistakes are corrected, I hope they leave him with lenient charges.
Though the figure revealed yesterday 18m isn't going to help any of this.

It hurts my heart to say this but it's very likely he could be jailed, simply to make an example of tax evaders, as you guys have mentioned.

I love the man and always will. I'm wishing he comes out as little hurt as possible.
If jailed, he probably will have to relinquish his president-ship.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:10 pm

AdepT wrote:If jailed, he probably will have to relinquish his president-ship.

This is a given.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Nah, he could manage the club from behind bars just like Cartel bosses. :lol: :(
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Well that would be a shame to see him in jail. I dont like the guy but I respect him.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:28 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Nah, he could manage the club from behind bars just like Cartel bosses. :lol: :(

Too many jokes when we should be more serious :lol: :cry:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion