You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
64%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
21%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby MatZam » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Some info.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/m ... ern-munich

We wish you all the best Uli.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:00 am

It's bullshit really. Nowhere else would this be considered a crime. If anything, his actions prompted other Germans like him to declare unpaid tax, to the tune of a few BILLIONS. Rather than giving him a big thank you, the German justice system has already bad-named him and is pressing to put him behind bars. They're trying to make an example out of him, no doubt.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:16 am

MUTU wrote:It's bullshit really. Nowhere else would this be considered a crime. If anything, his actions prompted other Germans like him to declare unpaid tax, to the tune of a few BILLIONS. Rather than giving him a big thank you, the German justice system has already bad-named him and is pressing to put him behind bars. They're trying to make an example out of him, no doubt.

Hopefully they won't make an example out of him but I am fearing the worst. :cry:
I just [-o< that this saga ends up by a big fine and that is it...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby KateL » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:43 pm

MUTU wrote:It's bullshit really. Nowhere else would this be considered a crime. If anything, his actions prompted other Germans like him to declare unpaid tax, to the tune of a few BILLIONS. Rather than giving him a big thank you, the German justice system has already bad-named him and is pressing to put him behind bars. They're trying to make an example out of him, no doubt.

I can understand bad mouthing him because what he did was a crime. However, he did confess and so I believe that paying what is owed, plus 6% interest, and maybe some public service time, is more than enough punishment. Putting him in jail will only cost more money. As is this trial.

I did just read on twitter that the actual amount he evaded is 18 million instead of the 3.5 million. Can anyone speak to this?
KateL
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:59 pm

KateL wrote:

I can understand bad mouthing him because what he did was a crime. However, he did confess and so I believe that paying what is owed, plus 6% interest, and maybe some public service time, is more than enough punishment. Putting him in jail will only cost more money. As is this trial.

I did just read on twitter that the actual amount he evaded is 18 million instead of the 3.5 million. Can anyone speak to this?

From what I understood is that the unpaid taxes is from earnings he did from wisely moving his money around. It's against the law not to declare it, but it's not unethical in my opinion.

If Hoeness moved his money around and made profit, he was expected to pay tax on his profit
If Hoeness moved his money around and made loss, if things were fair, he'd get a tax reduction on his losses.

It's unfair that the government taxes profits but not losses.

In a way what Hoeness did is not too far from gambling. It's like having gambled huge amount of money, won and having been expected to pay taxes, something he did anyway, just years later and without anyone pushing/forcing him to do so.

It's really silly if you think about it. If instead of investing the money he spent them on expensive stuff, he would be OK with the law. But because he delayed payment on profits from his investments (something which in my opinion shouldn't even be taxed) he's going to get prison time?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Process is under way

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:04 pm

There are four days of hearings scheduled and unless there are complications the verdict should be handed down on Thursday.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Uli Hoeneß

Postby KateL » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:46 pm

MUTU wrote:
KateL wrote:

From what I understood is that the unpaid taxes is from earnings he did from wisely moving his money around. It's against the law not to declare it, but it's not unethical in my opinion.

If Hoeness moved his money around and made profit, he was expected to pay tax on his profit
If Hoeness moved his money around and made loss, if things were fair, he'd get a tax reduction on his losses.

It's unfair that the government taxes profits but not losses.

In a way what Hoeness did is not too far from gambling. It's like having gambled huge amount of money, won and having been expected to pay taxes, something he did anyway, just years later and without anyone pushing/forcing him to do so.

It's really silly if you think about it. If instead of investing the money he spent them on expensive stuff, he would be OK with the law. But because he delayed payment on profits from his investments (something which in my opinion shouldn't even be taxed) he's going to get prison time?

Not disagreeing with you at all. I majored in accounting and spent a year studying tax law (albeit, American tax law). A lot of the laws are ridiculous and there are so many instances of double taxation on things that it is ridiculous (inheritance tax and death tax all on money that has already been paid income tax on for example). It is one of the many reasons I am not a tax accountant. I am just saying, by the letter of the law, I understand why the speak out against him. But this trial and a possible ten years in prison.... That is ridiculous. Yes, let's totally ignore all the good he has done and throw him in prison for ten years where he won't be making an income and therefore won't be paying tax, but rather be costing everyone to keep him locked up. Because that is logical and fiscally responsible... Not!

EDIT: what do the signs in the pictures mean? My university Germany is leaving me ;-$
KateL
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MatZam » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:50 pm

I hope he will be able to make the game tomorrow. Would be a real shame if he were to miss it because of these trials (especially if the worst happens, it might be his last attendance to a Bayern game for some time :( )
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Ah that's all the movement I saw here in the city center. I work pretty close to the place where the trial is going on.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:53 pm

KateL wrote:EDIT: what do the signs in the pictures mean? My university Germany is leaving me ;-$

They're positive messages. From what I can understand the second says something like "Be lenient, he does so much good". I think the first one is playing on the word "solidarity".
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
KateL wrote:EDIT: what do the signs in the pictures mean? My university Germany is leaving me ;-$

They're positive messages. From what I can understand the second says something like "Be lenient, he does so much good". I think the first one is playing on the word "solidarity".

and something like good friend is forever...
gute freunde kann niemand trennen
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:44 pm

The number jumped up to 28 million euros today. What the hell Hoeness was thinking lol.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Borusse wrote:What the hell Hoeness was thinking lol.

He broke the law. But he did something very normal.

I don't know if you're a gambler. But even if you aren't, you will understand me. You can open an account on bwin.com and deposit 100 euros. Let's say you bet on a match and that 100 euros becomes 300 euros (profit of 200 euros). You don't withdraw the money but rather next week you bet all the 300 euros on a match and you lose all your money. Tell me, would you contact the authorities and tell them that you had temporarily earned 200 euros in order to pay taxes on them? I wouldn't, so I'm just like Hoeness. I wouldn't even have thought that was illegal, though that doesn't excuse him because when you're dealing with millions you should really check into the law.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Tax union boss Thomas Eigenthaler: "A custodial sentence is absolutely necessary for me."

Lawyer and FDP politician Wolfgang Kubicki: "The number alone, 18 million euros is so severe that the belief is currently missing me that he can get a suspended sentence." [source]

Get ready guys, he's going to prison. Unfortunately, it seems like it's just a formality at this stage. :cry:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion