You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
63%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
22%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby Badger » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:26 pm

^^ Does this not merely apply to a resignation from a secondary board, rather than from the fuller Bayern Munich board? The Bild article would suggest that that is all for now.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Tedesco » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Scared me there for a second.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Sorry, unintentional troll.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Uli talks about Pep's plan B
Spoiler: show
The 61-year-old says that while the Blaugrana's 'Plan A' is "perfect", the Catalans have no back-up plan, as underlined by last season's Champions League semi-finals

Barcelona don't have a 'Plan B', according to Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness.

The reigning European champions qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League with a 1-0 victory away to Viktoria Plzen on Tuesday that came courtesy of a second-half header from substitute Mario Mandzukic.

Hoeness believes that the change of system implemented by coach Pep Guardiola during the game proved decisive, and also served to underline that the Bavarians are more versatile and adaptable than Barca, whom they routed 7-0 on aggregate in last season's tournament.

"Last night showed the big difference between our game compared to Barcelona's," the 61-year-old told TZ.

"They [Barcelona] have a Plan A, which is perfect, but they have no Plan B, as they showed in their two games against us [in the Champions League] last season.

"Pep introduced Mandzukic to the game and he made a big difference. He played with no striker, saw it wasn't working and realised Mario could change things."

Hoeness also wanted to play down all the excitement surrounding Bayern's 36-game undefeated run.

"All this talk of the unbeaten run is too hyped for me," the former West Germany international confessed. "The whole 36 games will mean nothing if we lose at home to Augsburg in the derby on Saturday."
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:32 am

Honess: "I will serve this club - until I can no longer breathe!" [source]
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:16 am

A very happy 62nd birthday to our biggest legend. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ballackfcb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Happy Birthday Uli :D
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Evandro » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:02 am

Long life Uli!!
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:14 am

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:18 pm

The process for the tax evasion case of Uli Hoeneß will start on 10th March in Munich. [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Bayern president Uli Hoeness: We are the best [source]

The former West Germany international says that the reigning world and European champions are without equal and that they will only get better under Pep Guardiola

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has claimed that the Germans are currently the best club side in the world.

The Allianz Arena outfit won a historic treble last season but appear to have improved under new coach Pep Guardiola, who has led the Bavarian outfit to the Uefa Super Cup and Club World Cup since succeeding Jupp Heynckes at the helm last summer.

“I maintain that, at the moment, FC Bayern are the best club in the world,” Hoeness told Bild.

“It will be not so arrogant to say we are unbeatable but we are well positioned. The coach is to thank for that.”

Bayern currently hold a seven-point lead at the top of the Bundesliga, with a game in hand still to play when the league resumes from its winter break this week.

Consequently, Hoeness does not think additions necessary during the January window, but is hoping the club can earn more money for future purchases.

“My dream is that we win €40 million or €50 million," he explained. "We now have the chance to fill the war chest for times in which we must respond. You must not necessarily strengthen the squad now.”

The 62-year-old also informed the club's fans that the future looks promising, financially, as they near the outright purchase of the Allianz Arena.

"In five, six, or seven years, the debt of the stadium is zero," he enthused.

"Then, one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world will belong to us alone, even though we will still have a lodger."

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby SouthernStar » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:"Then, one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world will belong to us alone, even though we will still have a lodger."
:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>

I don't know how many people actually read Uli Hesse's blog. His latest one (focus is on Udo Lattek) has a nice little tidbit. Couldn't ever possibly imagine Uli almost becoming the "lodger's" player, but that's apparently what happened :shock:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/bundesliga/id/406?cc=4716

First, Lattek's decision to join Bayern Munich in 1970 did not only influence this club's future but changed that of the West Germany team. He had been Schoen's assistant coach for many years and according to the unwritten rules under which the DFB operated, this meant he was being groomed for the main job and was set to become national coach as soon as Schoen retired, either in four or in eight years. But the moment he left the DFB, Lattek was out of the running. (He was replaced by Jupp Derwall, who eventually succeeded Schoen in 1978.)

But there was another, even more momentous way in which Lattek's move to Bayern dramatically changed the course of German football history.

The two best players Lattek had coached in the national youth team during the late 1960s were Paul Breitner, a hothead from near the Austrian border, and Uli Hoeness, a butcher's son with a business brain from Ulm. Both kids had already been snapped up by Bundesliga clubs. More or less. Breitner was about to join 1860 Munich, while Hoeness would have liked to sign for VfB Stuttgart but was strongly tempted to join his pal Breitner at 1860.

At the eleventh hour, Lattek convinced them -- and also Rainer Zobel, who's not that famous but went on to have a distinguished career at Bayern -- to change their plans and instead join him in Munich. So Lattek not only brought three future key players with him, but also in Hoeness the man whose name would become synonymous with Bayern Munich and without whom the club wouldn't be what it is today.

When I was in Munich in November, to research a big magazine story on Bayern, Uli Hoeness said: "There were 18 Bundesliga clubs and I had offers from 16 of them, but no contact whatsoever from Bayern. It was pretty much a done deal that I would join 1860 together with Paul. Their club secretary would appear on my parents' doorstep every second Sunday."

"But one day Lattek took us aside and asked us: ‘Have you signed a contract somewhere?’ I replied that we had more or less made up our minds but not yet put pen to paper. He said: ‘Stay put, don't do anything, because something is about to happen. We heard that Lattek would become Bayern coach soon after. Only then did Robert Schwan [Bayern's business manager] approach us."
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Great article! :D

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Brilliant. Never knew so much about the man
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby armbrust » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:59 pm

I just read that tomorow could be the day that the tax evasion veredict comes out.

Wondering how much this could affect the club.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion