You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
64%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
21%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby quaazi » Thu May 02, 2013 8:03 pm

This explains a little, I guess.

Hours before his team take on Barcelona in Spain for their Champions League semi-final second leg, Hoeness said the club had nothing to do with the account under investigation, which was used only for "stock market gambling" and financed by the late Richard-Louis Dreyfus, a former head of sports manufacturer Adidas.

"From 2002 to 2006 I was really gambling (with stocks)," Hoeness told Zeit newspaper. "I sometimes traded day and night with sums that are now difficult to comprehend. Some of those amounts were extreme.

"This gave me a kick, pure adrenaline," said Hoeness, who has been under mounting pressure to step down.

The former Bayern player and long-time club general manager is under investigation for tax evasion after he filed a complaint against himself earlier this month - there are no details of the amounts in question.

Authorities can to offer some leniency in cases where individuals name themselves as tax evaders.

Hoeness, whose professional as well as personal reputation has been damaged by the affair, said his house had been searched in March as part of the probe.

"My life changed on March 20 at seven in the morning. I stood there in a bathrobe and the prosecutor was at the door. That is when hell started for me."

Hoeness said he began gambling bigger amounts before the dotcom bubble burst. But after it burst he had been given money from the late Dreyfus in 2001.

"He said 'let's do something together', he would finance it," Hoeness said.

"That is how the millions came on to the account. It was always clear it was an account for (stock market) gambling. This account was only Uli Hoeness."

He said the 2008 financial crisis led him to gamble much less.

"I am also now older. I am 61," Hoeness said.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AdepT » Sun May 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Just read a report by FC Bayern Central. They've quoted weekly magazine Der Spiegel reports saying that Uli might step down temporarily from his post on Monday, i.e. tomorrow. [source]
:(

I'm wishing he reaches some kinda settlement and pays off his fines and evaded tax.

We'll always stand by you Uli.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 05, 2013 11:24 pm

At this point I'm expecting such a decision. We'll see... :?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Sun May 05, 2013 11:30 pm

We should stand by Uli and behind him... there is no need for the club to get involved his personal matters... he is and remains most precious to the club....

He has made some wrong decisions in the past, but let's be honest... who hasn't?!
He is a very valuable member of the club (and the society) nonetheless.... more importantly, he is Mr. FC Bayern....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby gastarana » Mon May 06, 2013 4:22 am

quaazi wrote:This explains a little, I guess.

Hours before his team take on Barcelona in Spain for their Champions League semi-final second leg, Hoeness said the club had nothing to do with the account under investigation, which was used only for "stock market gambling" and financed by the late Richard-Louis Dreyfus, a former head of sports manufacturer Adidas.

"From 2002 to 2006 I was really gambling (with stocks)," Hoeness told Zeit newspaper. "I sometimes traded day and night with sums that are now difficult to comprehend. Some of those amounts were extreme.

"This gave me a kick, pure adrenaline," said Hoeness, who has been under mounting pressure to step down.

The former Bayern player and long-time club general manager is under investigation for tax evasion after he filed a complaint against himself earlier this month - there are no details of the amounts in question.

Authorities can to offer some leniency in cases where individuals name themselves as tax evaders.

Hoeness, whose professional as well as personal reputation has been damaged by the affair, said his house had been searched in March as part of the probe.

"My life changed on March 20 at seven in the morning. I stood there in a bathrobe and the prosecutor was at the door. That is when hell started for me."

Hoeness said he began gambling bigger amounts before the dotcom bubble burst. But after it burst he had been given money from the late Dreyfus in 2001.

"He said 'let's do something together', he would finance it," Hoeness said.

"That is how the millions came on to the account. It was always clear it was an account for (stock market) gambling. This account was only Uli Hoeness."

He said the 2008 financial crisis led him to gamble much less.

"I am also now older. I am 61," Hoeness said.

i like Uli but "stock market GAMBLING" come on seriously you DONT gamble in stock markets you call your bookie place a bet a thats it if you want to gamble.ill believe him if he said i did a couple of big short sales when the market crash that ill belive.also the dot com bubble was during mid 90s till burst in early 2000 below a NASDAQ chart cuz all dot coms Uli said are/were listed there so if Uli is telling the truth he migth have "gamble" somewere around 94 to late 1999.Image
gastarana
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 06, 2013 5:02 pm

If I'm understanding correctly, Uli offered his resignation but the Supervisory Board have, for now, refused it. Someone who speaks better German than Google translate will have to confirm.

17.37 Uhr: Pressemitteilung des FC Bayern:

Uli Hoeneß hat dem Aufsichtsrat angeboten, das Amt des Aufsichtsratsvorsitzenden ruhen zu lassen, bis die zuständigen Behörden über die strafbefreiende Wirkung seiner Selbstanzeige entschieden haben. Uli Hoeneß hat vor dem Gremium sein Bedauern über den Vorfall ausgedrückt und sich entschuldigt.

Im Interesse des FC Bayern, der sich voll und ganz auf das Erreichen der weiteren sportlichen Ziele im Champions League Finale am 25. Mai und im Deutschen Pokalfinale am 1. Juni 2013 konzentrieren soll, hat der Aufsichtsrat der FC Bayern München AG nach intensiver Diskussion einvernehmlich entschieden, dass Uli Hoeneß das Amt des Aufsichtsratsvorsitzenden der FC Bayern München AG weiter ausüben soll!!!

Der Aufsichtsrat wird die Angelegenheit weiterhin beobachten und sich bei Vorliegen neuer Erkenntnisse mit dem Thema befassen.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Mon May 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Result of meeting.....ULI HOENESS WILL REMAIN BAYERN PRESIDENT
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Mon May 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Such issues should be kept on hold at least till after the season.

Nonetheless, having Uli remain as president is just fine by me :)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ballackfcb » Mon May 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Fantastic news regarding Uli!

Now we need to win the Champions league for Uli Hoeness.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Borusse » Tue May 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby lau03143 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Borusse wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/future-news-bayern-munich-refund-price-tickets-season-203135227.html

:lol:

I saw this earlier today at work.

It made of laugh!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tflags » Wed May 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Element wrote:Result of meeting.....ULI HOENESS WILL REMAIN BAYERN PRESIDENT

He also managed to play in a TV Reality show that came to town. Won by a landslide. After all, no one plays the game better than Uli.

Spoiler: show
Survivor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby dambun » Mon May 27, 2013 8:33 am

"Das zeigt mir, dass man doch nicht alles falsch gemacht hat in den letzten 10 Jahren" =D> =D>
I was in tears every single time I saw Uli that night...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 am

Uli Hoeneß's tax evasion case is to be processed publicly this summer. Unfortunately for Hoeneß, the judge chosen for this case, Rupert Heindl, is one who is considered to be strict. As an example, he imprisoned a 75 year old woman for three years after a 250,000 euro scam. On the other hand, with Hoeneß we are talking about 3.2 million euros. [source]

Retweet this!
Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:08 pm

I know the subject might be way out of our league for most of us here but from the little I understood from that article that case had nothing to do with taxes but rather with a "repeated" "scam." That being the case and not knowing much about the victim (it might have been the case of another elderly person as well), it is not surprising a 75 year old lady gets to get thrown in jail.

I don't see being related much to Uli's case (taxes) since from what I understand tax cases are punishable by imprisonment only if they exceed the million euro mark.

Now that is one mean judge, isn't he?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion