You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
63%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
22%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
10%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
5%

Total votes : 41

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 pm

tflags wrote:

I think it was merry that they spent their 60th birthdays together. ( :mrgreen: )

Hoeness to Ballack: "when I was your age, I was Bayern general manager for 8 years. You've spent the last 6 years being Bayern's general asshole. Who invited you anyway?"
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ballackfcb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:

I think it was merry that they spent their 60th birthdays together. ( :mrgreen: )

Hoeness to Ballack: "when I was your age, I was Bayern general manager for 8 years. You've spent the last 6 years being Bayern's general asshole. Who invited you anyway?"

Hoeness invited Ballack :wink:

By the way Ballack is looking for a new house in Munich.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/starnberg/fussball-star-vor-umzug-ballack-ziehts-nach-berg-1.1257796
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:58 pm

ballackfcb wrote:Hoeness invited Ballack :wink:

By the way Ballack is looking for a new house in Munich.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/starnberg/fussball-star-vor-umzug-ballack-ziehts-nach-berg-1.1257796

I see... He's already heading for the hills, it seems. Is he buying it from the extra money he made from betraying FC Bayern?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:27 pm

MUTU wrote:I see... He's already heading for the hills, it seems. Is he buying it from the extra money he made from betraying FC Bayern?

+1 =D>
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:39 pm

The name of this bull is Hoeness :shock: :lol: :twisted:

"I've called it that because I'm FC Bayern fan." said the owner, who claims it has the same characteristics as Uli.

Hoeness will be on display in the Green Week in Berlin.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Uli Hoeneß has absolutely outdone himself this time: "Before Mr Glazer bought Manchester United, he didn't know there was air in the ball"
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 pm

MUTU wrote:Uli Hoeneß has absolutely outdone himself this time: "Before Mr Glazer bought Manchester United, he didn't know there was air in the ball"

Uli.. YOU ROCK
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby munichfan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 am

Uli Hoeneß has done a lot for the club.

But his one problem is that he cannot take stick himself, even though he passes out insults almost on a conveyer belt to possibly every other football official in Europe.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:21 am

munichfan wrote:Uli Hoeneß has done a lot for the club.

But his one problem is that he cannot take stick himself, even though he passes out insults almost on a conveyer belt to possibly every other football official in Europe.

Haha quite true :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Eh, I like his egotistical cockiness. Bayern is a club with big... "personalities", and you need to be fairly aggressive to keep up.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:35 pm

MUTU wrote:Uli Hoeneß has absolutely outdone himself this time: "Before Mr Glazer bought Manchester United, he didn't know there was air in the ball"

Quite possibly true!

quaazi wrote:Eh, I like his egotistical cockiness. Bayern is a club with big... "personalities", and you need to be fairly aggressive to keep up.

Certainly, I think it's the Bavarian way. Anytime I've been to Munich, and it's a great place with great people. But they put up a hard front initially, and this comes across none more so than with Bayern and Uli!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:31 pm

BERLIN: Bayern Munich boss Uli Hoeness' criticism of the 2010 soccer World Cup in South Africa was partly to blame for Munich's failure to land the 2018 winter Olympics last year, FIFA president Sepp Blatter has said.

"In the run-up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, Uli Hoeness and company were running the event down, it was difficult to top that," world soccer boss Blatter told kicker magazine on Monday.

He said African soccer boss Issa Hayatou had told World Cup winner and former senior FIFA member Franz Beckenbauer, who had flown to Durban just before the IOC vote to shore up support for Munich, not to expect African help because of Hoeness's sharp criticism.

"He told (Beckenbauer) 'you should not count on any African vote. We have not forgotten the way you tried to destroy the World Cup'," said Blatter, who was re-elected for a fourth FIFA term in 2011.

"And this is what happened. Without the 12 African votes there is no way you can win Olympic Games."

Pyeongchang won the IOC election for the 2018 winter Games with 63 votes, compared to Munich's 25 and Annecy's seven.

Bayern president Hoeness had been a fierce critic prior to the 2010 World Cup, saying the decision to award it to South Africa was "one of the biggest wrong decisions he (Blatter) ever made", because of security and general infrastructure concerns.

The World Cup was viewed by most pundits as a success. Hoeness and Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge have also been critical of Blatter, under intense scrutiny in recent months over a string of corruption scandals.

Source: Reuters
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:03 pm

MUTU wrote:BERLIN: Bayern Munich boss Uli Hoeness' criticism of the 2010 soccer World Cup in South Africa was partly to blame for Munich's failure to land the 2018 winter Olympics last year, FIFA president Sepp Blatter has said.

"In the run-up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, Uli Hoeness and company were running the event down, it was difficult to top that," world soccer boss Blatter told kicker magazine on Monday.

He said African soccer boss Issa Hayatou had told World Cup winner and former senior FIFA member Franz Beckenbauer, who had flown to Durban just before the IOC vote to shore up support for Munich, not to expect African help because of Hoeness's sharp criticism.

"He told (Beckenbauer) 'you should not count on any African vote. We have not forgotten the way you tried to destroy the World Cup'," said Blatter, who was re-elected for a fourth FIFA term in 2011.

"And this is what happened. Without the 12 African votes there is no way you can win Olympic Games."

Pyeongchang won the IOC election for the 2018 winter Games with 63 votes, compared to Munich's 25 and Annecy's seven.

Bayern president Hoeness had been a fierce critic prior to the 2010 World Cup, saying the decision to award it to South Africa was "one of the biggest wrong decisions he (Blatter) ever made", because of security and general infrastructure concerns.

The World Cup was viewed by most pundits as a success. Hoeness and Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge have also been critical of Blatter, under intense scrutiny in recent months over a string of corruption scandals.

Source: Reuters

Sorry for the profanity, but Blatter is a total dick! He has done nothing for the game, and just leeched off the success of others. And when someone like Hoeneß is critical of him, he just can't take it. Then when he gets the chance, tries to show Hoeneß up, but it just doesn't work.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby quaazi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:10 pm

I have to agree. Of the 4 modern World cups (South Africa plus the three in the future... random selection, yes, but whatevs), only Brazil makes any kind of sense, and even then, there are significant logistical problems. Blatter is just screwing up world cup after world cup... luckily he won't be around for much longer.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:29 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... be-held-in

Very interesting idea. The BL would be so much better if Hoeness had become the DFL president
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion