You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Toni Tapalović

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Toni Tapalović

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 pm

The new goalkeeper coach at FC Bayern is Toni Tapalović, a 30 year old Croatian who last season was playing in goal for FSV Mainz 05 II. He had previously kept goal for Schalke 04 II during the 2008/2009 season, so he should know Manuel Neuer from his stint there. His contract runs until 30th June 2013.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Toni Tapalović

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:02 pm

It seems that Neuer and Tapalovic are friends as they were recently together on holiday in Dubrovnik. Neuer might therefore have had a say in the signing of Tapalović.

Source: http://www.croportal.net/novosti/The_Du ... un-1722585
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Paddy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:10 pm

We have a new goalkeeping coach, hopefully this is the right thread to post in.

Meanwhile Bayern have announced a new addition to their coaching staff with the arrival of Toni Tapalovic as the club's new goalkeeping coach. The 31-year-old Croatian has signed a two-year deal and will work closely with both Manuel Neuer and Jörg Butt.

"Toni is from Gelsenkirchen like me so we know each other from our time together at Schalke 04. I'm sure I'll continue my development under him," said Neuer. Head coach Jupp Heynckes added: "I'm looking forward to working with a young and dynamic goalkeeping coach. Toni impressed me with both his character and knowledge during our discussions."
Last edited by MUTU on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to this thread
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Paddy wrote:The 31-year-old Croatian has signed a two-year deal and will work closely with both Manuel Neuer and Jörg Butt

Actually, he is still 30 years old since he was born on 10th October 1980. I wonder if we ever had such a young coach before, and I wonder how Butt will feel seeing that he's 7 years older than his coach.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:24 pm

I find it weird how he has become the goalkeeping coach when he was playing for Mainz's second team. Can he really teach Neuer anything better ? :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Probably just to please Neuer. Butt himself will be a goalkeeping coach in the future, I imagine.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Hahahaha, Toni Tapalović... I simply can't belive it... :lol: :lol: :lol: 30-years old, so young and in retirement... He could still play in CRO 2nd division. :mrgreen:

However, I don't know how much is this good choice for Bayern... We'll see, but this is something funny for me after Hitzfeld's friend Zvonko Komes. :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Re: Toni Tapalovic named goalkeeping coach

Postby München Minded » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:36 pm

We're getting a goal coach who never played at Bayern, great. Lets hope he trains well and our keepers keep on improving.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AMLN » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:08 pm

I just hope Tapalovic doesn't need to get into the field someday because the other goalkeepers were injured (Dreher made it once, remember?)
AMLN
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:27 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion