You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Toni Kroos

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Would you like Kroos back at Bayern?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes : 79

Re: Toni Kroos

Postby Jorge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:58 pm

MUTU wrote:Let's be very clear. This guy was so great in 2012/13 that he was pushing an in-form Thomas Mueller onto the wing and forcing Arjen Robben on the bench. He was a great player for Germany at the World Cup 2014 just a year later. Everyone who wasn't biased against him considered him a top player, a world class player. Except Rummenigge.

Thus, we let our best youth product since Mueller (even this is debatable) leave for relative peanuts and become a leading player at our biggest European rivals. Just so that we wouldn't pay him even less money than what we're currently paying a 34-year old Ribery.

Years later I still can't swallow this bad decision.

Amen!

At one point I felt like a lone ranger against a wave of an anti-Kroos movement here. Not that I feel like losing Kroos was the end of Bayern Munich (I went though the 1988 terrible loses and I stayed loyal to the club) but losing Kroos is all on Bayern's board, and specifically on Rummenigge; blaming Kroos or bashing him, a proven player on the biggest stage, is a useless exercise that some seem to enjoy in this forum.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 pm

MUTU wrote:Let's be very clear. This guy was so great in 2012/13 that he was pushing an in-form Thomas Mueller onto the wing and forcing Arjen Robben on the bench. He was a great player for Germany at the World Cup 2014 just a year later. Everyone who wasn't biased against him considered him a top player, a world class player. Except Rummenigge.

Thus, we let our best youth product since Mueller (even this is debatable) leave for relative peanuts and become a leading player at our biggest European rivals. Just so that we wouldn't pay him even less money than what we're currently paying a 34-year old Ribery.

Years later I still can't swallow this bad decision.

Erm... Not to take anything from Kroos, but clearly, we never played as well that season as we did after his injury... Might be a question of peaking at the right time... But I still think had he not been injured we wouldn't have won the treble that year...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:17 am

Mostly we played better without Kroos that season because we got Müller and Robben back in the XI, but tbf I guess Kroos's best position was occupied by Fußballgott at the time.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorge » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:24 pm

MUTU wrote:Let's be very clear. This guy was so great in 2012/13 that he was pushing an in-form Thomas Mueller onto the wing and forcing Arjen Robben on the bench.

Fully agree. We started the CL campaign a kind of shaky with that 3-1 loss at Bate Barisov in the 2nd game. They were some signs of our potential from our opening match vs Valencia with Kroos putting a solid performance, including the goal that ultimately decided our fate for the next round (more below) but it was our double header versus Lille when we really clicked in and Kroos was instrumental in our tactical plan for our 0:1 away victory, by the time there was a return leg we were at full steam, Kroos was rested after a demanding BL game 3 days earlier but came as a sub to score one of his trademark goals right away. Who knows how much better we would have been if Kroos was still around for the SF and Final. His inclusion in UEFA's Best XI for the Group stage is a good testament of what he represented for Bayern.

As I mentioned above his goal in the 76th min. vs Valencia, which turned out to be the winning goal of the game put Bayern ahead in the Final Group Table since we finished level on points, but in the head to head this goal gave Bayern 4 points vs 1 for Valencia. Hence we won the Group and were seeded in Pot 1.

From there we faced Arsenal in the round of 16 and Kroos put up a MOTM show in London, a testament of the level at what he was playing before he got injured in the QF versus Juventus.

As you pointed out, Kroos was a key player in Heynckes' tactical formation, maybe some here believe that our wing play solidified and took a new high once Robben was reintroduced as a pure winger on the right while with Kroos in the line up that task was mainly carried out by Lahm doing the overlap and Muller as a free floating making diagonal runs in to create the space. I personally believe that we are comparing apples to apples and that we were good with and without Kroos, anything besides that is pure speculation and hypothesis.
If something, I have no question in my mind that our midfield today with Vidal-Kroos-Thiago would have been better than any combination that we can come up with, which proves what a mistake Bayern made.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 am

This piece of xitt should be thought a lesson
https://twitter.com/bayerncentral/statu ... 9938203651

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ed. » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:03 am

#12 wrote:Erm... Not to take anything from Kroos, but clearly, we never played as well that season as we did after his injury... Might be a question of peaking at the right time... But I still think had he not been injured we wouldn't have won the treble that year...

Agree.

Selling Kroos for the reasons stipulated was criminal. However, in the 2013 season, I think everything worked out for the best. Kroos was instrumental in those early CL games but for the latter stages and the final, we needed something extra and it fortuitously worked out with Kroos pulling his groin and making way for Robben. We didn't need another midfielder for the Barca demolition, Robben was vital there.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:20 am

ramsej84 wrote:This piece of xitt should be thought a lesson
https://twitter.com/bayerncentral/statu ... 9938203651

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Take a look at the article. He was asked about Bayern and then about Real Madrid. The interviewer made him say it.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 am

he should just say that Bayern is in the past and that's it.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 am

This is just stupid, he's asked if he regrets his choice, what do you expect him to say? If he says he regrets it, he would disrespectful to his current employers. Even if he hadn't had the success at Real that he hoped for, that would still be a stupid thing to say.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:35 am

ramsej84 wrote:he should just say that Bayern is in the past and that's it.

He was already asked about Bayern and said good things about Bayern, especially how he grew under Pep. Then they asked him about Real Madrid. What do you expect him to say then? "I don't want to talk about my current employer"?

Also, why should he not be happy about moving to Real Madrid? Look at it from a sporting sense and be objective. He played 3 seasons so far with Real Madrid. In his first season he reached the CL semifinal (same as Bayern) and in the two subsequent ones he won the CL. Of course it was a good thing for him to move. From his end, it was the best sporting decision he ever made.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:08 am

as other players said for example robben. he said moving to bayern was his best decision.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:as other players said for example robben. he said moving to bayern was his best decision.

... and, surprise surprise, that doesn't piss off Bayern fans :|
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:11 pm

39 users voted that they want Kroos back in the poll, as of right now 8)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:26 pm

MUTU wrote:39 users voted that they want Kroos back in the poll, as of right now 8)

49% but I know what you did there!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:29 pm

That got to be one of the best balanced polls ever. I initially voted NO but I'd vote YES. I'd also ruin MUTU's clever thing xD
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion