You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Toni Kroos

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Would you like Kroos back at Bayern?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes : 79

Re: Toni Kroos

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:53 am

A compilation of Kroos touches in the final versus Juventus including the standing ovation by adoring fans when he is substituted with a few German flags in the crowd:

Last edited by Jorge on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:53 am

Post match interview:
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:56 am

In ZDF's Sportstudio with his son after the game:
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby fpaz » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Delete this page, it is unbearable these lovers of kroos, the real madrid is strong, not the Kroos. If they do not win the champions love would not exist. Stop falling into media stories, Thiago, Vidal, Martniez are better, we do not need Kroos, if we win a Champions I'm sure they will forget about Kroos, because they only care about results.
Bayerische Traktor
fpaz
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:56 pm

For all those who appreciate the great football produce by a Bayern graduate that unfortunately plays for our opposition, the 2017 Kroos best moments compilation is out there already, check it out:
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:48 pm

fpaz wrote:Delete this page, it is unbearable these lovers of kroos, the real madrid is strong, not the Kroos. If they do not win the champions love would not exist. Stop falling into media stories, Thiago, Vidal, Martniez are better, we do not need Kroos, if we win a Champions I'm sure they will forget about Kroos, because they only care about results.

And if Barca did not win any titles there would not be any Messi, Iniesta, etc. Of course winning titles is why he's held in high praise! But they win them precisely because they have excellent players like Kroos.

I don't disagree that we have better players, but Kroos is very good nonetheless.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby icewizard » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:30 am

fpaz wrote:Delete this page, it is unbearable these lovers of kroos, the real madrid is strong, not the Kroos. If they do not win the champions love would not exist. Stop falling into media stories, Thiago, Vidal, Martniez are better, we do not need Kroos, if we win a Champions I'm sure they will forget about Kroos, because they only care about results.

Bullshit... You're just not facing reality! Toni Kroos is actually one of the best midfielders in the world... He improved so much of his defensive awareness at Real Madrid, while he was already strong offensively. This even made him a more complete midfielder in the proper meaning of the word.

To say Thiago, Vidal, Martinez are better is just blindsighted... All i know, is that we preferred to give Götze the pay check of Kroos... But that usually what happens when you change employers vs you stay at the same company.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:14 pm

icewizard wrote:But that usually what happens when you change employers vs you stay at the same company.

'been there done that.

BTW, you brought up a good point when you said "He improved so much of his defensive awareness at Real Madrid". Kroos is not the guy who will accelerate for 10 yards to make an incredible tackle, he is not even a good interceptor but the way he reads the game makes it for the most part unnecessary since defensively he covers the passing channels in a way that the pass is not even released. Take the CL final versus Juventus and as the ESPN panel commented he dried Pjanić in the second half to a ridiculous level contributing to Dybala and Higuaín being without a supplier and making Casemiro even more effective.
It is hard to tell if Kroos is better or worse than our midfielders, that is in the eye of the beholder but at this moment the Real Madrid midfield tandem of Casemiro-Kroos-Modric is much more synchronized, effective and consistent that any formula that we can put in place.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Hardrade » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Ok guys, this is kind of becoming a bit distasteful and sad... it is like stalking ex girlfriend and her new partner.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Jorge » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Hardrade wrote:Ok guys, this is kind of becoming a bit distasteful and sad... it is like stalking ex girlfriend and her new partner.

'been there done that. Just kidding of course.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Real Madrid signing Toni Kroos from Bayern 'steal of the century' - agent [source]
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby endrity » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:11 pm

It would have been worse if we didn't do almost the same to Barca. Kroos is better than Thiago, but we got a very similar player for the same amount of money. Just wish we kept Kroos.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:06 pm

endrity wrote:It would have been worse if we didn't do almost the same to Barca. Kroos is better than Thiago, but we got a very similar player for the same amount of money. Just wish we kept Kroos.

I have this discussion frequently with my RM and Barca friends (I am surrounded by them here in South Florida) The general consensus is that Thiago has a more complete skill-set than Kroos but circumstances did not work on his favor to polish those skills to a level where confidence and composure gets ahead of labor. Thiago wasted precious years sitting on Barca's bench while Kroos was adding miles on the field to the point that many perceive Thiago as a much younger player than Kroos.

To put it in perspective, Thiago (26) has taken part in 225 first division games while Kroos only a year older has seen the field in a similar category 407 times. At international level Thiago has been capped 22 times while Kroos is a 78 caps senior for Germany. If you break down those caps to minutes played the gap is even larger.

Not only Thiago and Kroos are a different type of midfielder, their development has been completely different. Thiago owes at this point to Bayern as much as Kroos and hopefully he will remain a Bayern player but in Football things can change rapidly and who knows what type of discussion we will be having in 2+ years when there will talks about extending his stay beyond 2021; but also circumstances has not been on Thiago's side at Bayern first with a coach unable to put a competitive team beyond the Bundesliga where Thiago could have been a central figure, now a coach that seems to been sailing toward where the wind takes us.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby endrity » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Jorge wrote:
endrity wrote:It would have been worse if we didn't do almost the same to Barca. Kroos is better than Thiago, but we got a very similar player for the same amount of money. Just wish we kept Kroos.

I have this discussion frequently with my RM and Barca friends (I am surrounded by them here in South Florida) The general consensus is that Thiago has a more complete skill-set than Kroos but circumstances did not work on his favor to polish those skills to a level where confidence and composure gets ahead of labor. Thiago wasted precious years sitting on Barca's bench while Kroos was adding miles on the field to the point that many perceive Thiago as a much younger player than Kroos.

Certainly there is an argument to be made for Kroos having had the chance to develop more as a player.

But I think the bigger problem in evaluating players, especially from the fans' perspective, is that too many concentrate on only technical skills. But I think this is by and large an overrated aspect for evaluating player. Sure, there are differences between players but at the highest level most can perform the basic tasks of controlling and passing extremely well. While the more difficult skills, such as dribbling, are very risky and rarely pulled off.

The big thing that truly matters in differentiating players is ability to take good decisions, to know where to position, what passes to make and what runs to do. It's a certain feel for the game that is actually even more difficult to understand in young players and even more difficult to teach but becomes the key driver for success, in my view.

In the current example, you could tell in the games against Real that Kroos is just a bit more secure on the pitch, he was never troubled by pressure and even in the worst situation could find an easy way out. Thiago tries to force issue too much instead of seeing simple solutions and that leads to a loss of possession. These are of course slight differences as both players are truly elite, but it's that extra awareness that Kroos posses that makes him a better player, to me at least. And that's something that technical skills do not compensate easily, but it's also not something which you can teach as easily as some believe.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:05 pm

endrity wrote:In the current example, you could tell in the games against Real that Kroos is just a bit more secure on the pitch, he was never troubled by pressure and even in the worst situation could find an easy way out. Thiago tries to force issue too much instead of seeing simple solutions and that leads to a loss of possession. These are of course slight differences as both players are truly elite, but it's that extra awareness that Kroos posses that makes him a better player, to me at least. And that's something that technical skills do not compensate easily, but it's also not something which you can teach as easily as some believe.

One has to ask how our midfield would have looked like with Kroos and Vidal on the base of the midfield and Thiago in a free floating role in front of them similar to what Modric does at Real Madrid. Right now the closest that we have to a distributor by trade is Rudy and he is not world class, then lacking one forces Thiago to take those responsibilities and he downgrades himself from what he could be contributing.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion