You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Toni Kroos

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Would you like Kroos back at Bayern?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes : 79

Postby FC Hollywood18 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:14 am

Does anyone know if Kroos is going to be starting for the Olympic U-23 German squad? If so this will be a good change to see how he does on a world stage.
FC Hollywood18
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kroos10 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:43 pm

I dont know, but Id imagine he would start. He played pretty well today, but he needs more playing time because he has an endless array of talent and he will continue to grow every minute on the pitch.
Kroos10
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:55 am

FC Hollywood18 wrote:Does anyone know if Kroos is going to be starting for the Olympic U-23 German squad? If so this will be a good change to see how he does on a world stage.

No, Germany are not competing in the Olympics.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Kroos selected for Germany U21

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:27 am

The rise of FC Bayern München attacker Toni Kroos continues after the 18-year-old was called up for the first time by Germany coach Dieter Eilts for the UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifier against Moldova in Tiraspol on 19 August.

'Personal development'
"I'm convinced that he'll be able to help our team," said Eilts of Kroos, who appeared 12 times as Bayern won the Bundesliga last season. "As part of his personal development, this is an experience which he'll definitely profit from." Germany are level on 13 points with Israel at the top of Group 9 but have played a game fewer and are favourites to win the section and advance to the play-offs for next summer's finals in Sweden.

Previous win
"Moldova have a small advantage as they've already started their season," continued Eilts, whose side won the corresponding fixture 3-0 last October. "However, we showed in that match that we have the better team and there are no doubts that we want to win this match."

Germany squad
Goalkeepers: Florian Fromlowitz (Hannover 96), Tobias Sippel (1. FC Kaiserslautern).

Defenders: Dennis Aogo (Hamburger SV), Jérome Boateng (Hamburger SV), Andreas Beck (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Gonzalo Castro (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Benedikt Höwedes (FC Schalke 04), Mats Hummels (BV Borussia Dortmund), Daniel Schwaab (SC Freiburg).

Midfielders: Dennis Grote (VfL Bochum), Sami Khedira (VfB Stuttgart), Toni Kroos (FC Bayern München), Jan Rosenthal (Hannover 96), Baris Özbek (Galatasaray AS).

Forwards: Ashkan Dejagah (VfL Wolfsburg), Marcel Heller (Eintracht Frankfurt), Rouwen Hennings (FC St. Pauli), Aaron Hunt (Werder Bremen).
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Toni Kroos

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 pm

Kroos has suffered a bruised right thigh from the game against Hamburg and will thus miss his Germany U21 debut.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Toni Kroos

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:15 am

Kroos would liked to be loaned out in January. I feel Klinsmann should play him more often, however if he isn't going to do that (especially given that Altintop should be fit to play after the winter break) then this deal makes sense because it would aid his development.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Toni Kroos

Postby shwas55 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 am

MUTU wrote:Kroos would liked to be loaned out in January. I feel Klinsmann should play him more often, however if he isn't going to do that (especially given that Altintop should be fit to play after the winter break) then this deal makes sense because it would aid his development.

I have been saying that since the summer, we should loan him out so he can devolope and then in a year time when he gets enough experience and then we get him back,
Or he should start playing regularly for us, which he can if we get a world class DM in the winter then we can play 3-5-2 and he can start as our AM,

.........................Ze......New DM.......................
Shwieni/altintop...........................................Ribery
.................................Kroos...............................
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:03 pm

Shwas, good idea, that was my idea too, ~month ago, but if we will loan him out, he should go abroad. Maybe Arsenal[I know, it is hard to get place on starting 11, but Nasri, Eboue, Song, Denilson is great players. Arsenal have loads of injuries. :( ] Maybe Spain would be good. or Napoli[my favorite Italy team].. Wish him luck

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:53 pm

shwas55 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Kroos would liked to be loaned out in January. I feel Klinsmann should play him more often, however if he isn't going to do that (especially given that Altintop should be fit to play after the winter break) then this deal makes sense because it would aid his development.

I have been saying that since the summer, we should loan him out so he can devolope and then in a year time when he gets enough experience and then we get him back,
Or he should start playing regularly for us, which he can if we get a world class DM in the winter then we can play 3-5-2 and he can start as our AM,

.........................Ze......New DM.......................
Shwieni/altintop...........................................Ribery
.................................Kroos...............................

In the EPL he will do better in a historic team at mid to bottom of the table. West Ham, Fulham, Totteham; these are clubs with huge fan base where he has a shot for a starter and he will be against the best defensive midfielders-defenders in the world every week which will build his character. A top team will not offer him much. The same applies to Spain and Italy, although his body frame surpasses the average La Liga player and this can be an adavantage that he will not have back in Germany after the loan expires. The only thing I can tell is that some of the Germany U-21 are having more field time than him in the BL, e.g. Mesut Özil; Andreas Beck; Mats Hummels; Rouwen Hennings or ex-Bayern Sandro Wagner just to name a few.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby shwas55 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Jorge wrote:In the EPL he will do better in a historic team at mid to bottom of the table. West Ham, Fulham, Totteham; these are clubs with huge fan base where he has a shot for a starter and he will be against the best defensive midfielders-defenders in the world every week which will build his character. A top team will not offer him much. The same applies to Spain and Italy, although his body frame surpasses the average La Liga player and this can be an adavantage that he will not have back in Germany after the loan expires. The only thing I can tell is that some of the Germany U-21 are having more field time than him in the BL, e.g. Mesut Özil; Andreas Beck; Mats Hummels; Rouwen Hennings or ex-Bayern Sandro Wagner just to name a few.

I really hope he stays though because i doubt we will be going for a DM and an Am in the winter (too many changes mid year is never good), he really played some nice football last weekend, his passing and crosses were world class, and we really need that in the midfield.

But if he goes i really hope he goes to an italian team so he can add some defensive skills i know he is an AM and he wont need it much but imagine how great he will become if he learns how to hold the ball and break down opponents attacks in their own half (abit like Ballack and Zeidan).
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:20 pm

I really doubt it would be a good idea to loan him out into a foreign country , thousands of km away from his family and friends , the kid is only 18.I think we all agree that loaning him out is what should be done , but the club he will be loaned to should be a club within Germany , a mid-table team in the BL or a really good 2nd division club whose season goal is to get promoted into the 1st BL.He has amazing talent and what he needs is playing time which should be provided as fast possible.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:02 pm

MrLinky wrote:I really doubt it would be a good idea to loan him out into a foreign country , thousands of km away from his family and friends , the kid is only 18.I think we all agree that loaning him out is what should be done , but the club he will be loaned to should be a club within Germany , a mid-table team in the BL or a really good 2nd division club whose season goal is to get promoted into the 1st BL.He has amazing talent and what he needs is playing time which should be provided as fast possible.

My preference will be to keep him in Germany too, but if he goes abroad I prefer England and London, even on the losing side the London clubs atmosphere is a rewarding experience. Above all my preference is to keep him in Munich and give him more field time. True that once we have Altintop back there will be less options but I see Klinsmann introducing some flexible schemes that might provide room for him in the squad, like Ze proving he can be a good left or right back and Sosa looking shaky so he might be sold in January. Kroos can be a starter at Pokal games, can be a starter at certain games or a sub on many others. Once we get to the knockout stages of the CL we will have more demanding midweek games so we might have to rest Ribery, Schweini and Ze more often preceding those games. We will need Kroos for the dead balls and as an offensive link.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:03 am

Actually, I think it makes more sense to send Sosa on loan to another German club. We invested some money in him and he is still young and he has not been given a proper chance. At this point I don't think any club will pay more than $2 for him but if he goes on loan and gets playing time, and hopefully, doesn't do too bad, we might get a little more for him if we decide to sell him, or maybe we decide to keep him if he does well.
If we send Sosa on loan, then Kroos would probably get a little more playing time, after all Klinsmann has given him a few minutes that could have gone to Kroos.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby ballackfcb » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:23 pm

I think Bayern should loan out Kroos to Kalsruhe in January as long as bayern can either get Altintop fit by then or can bring in another midfielder hopefully BALLACK [-o< [-o< [-o<
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby tigercup » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:51 pm

tONI kROOs must playyyyyyyy!!!!
its simple.i think bAyern if they get a world class dm we might be imposssible to beat because goals will flow easily with ribery and schweini on the wings and kroos role plyer.But if he can't play at least 1 game every 3 i think a loan to a spanish squad would be something realistacly.
HE WILL GAIN MORE CREATIVITY THERE.EX SPORTING GIJON
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion