You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Timothy Tillman

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Timothy Tillman

Postby tflags » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:26 pm

According to Spanish daily Marca, Real Madrid spies watched Timothy Tillman on his last visit to the Capital vs Atlético where he scored on the 1-3 win over the Spanish side.

Tillman, you might recall, is the older brother of Mark Tillman; both players landed in Munich after a combo deal with Greuther Fürth where Timothy was reportedly transferred for a fee of half a million Euros. That's a lot of dough for a 16 yo dude, brother included or not.

Timothy already has 9 caps for the Under 17s German NT but here's the catch: Father is an American Serviceman and his elder son has already expressed his preference for the American side of the soccer family, telling When The Yanks american scout website "I will always be interested in playing for the US". Thank you Julian Green.

Timothy Tillman has played mainly as an attacking central midfielder for Germany whereas Bayern has used him on the left flank this season, scoring 3 goals and 3 assists so far.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Timothy Tillman

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Hopefully he gets a professional contract soon I think this kid is pretty special...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:07 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

United States Under-20 coach Tab Ramos is hoping to convince highly regarded Bayern Munich prospect Timothy Tillman to represent the U.S. at international level.

The 18-year-old winger was born in Germany but qualifies for dual citizenship through his American father. He's played for Germany at the youth level, turning down an invite from Ramos and the U.S. last year after initially accepting the offer.

"We even had his tickets and everything," Ramos told Goal.com. "He was all set and ready to go, but he decided at the last moment that he would accept a call from Germany."

Still, Ramos, who later this month will try to qualify his team for the FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea this spring, remains optimistic that Tillman -- who recently received interest from Barcelona -- will eventually choose the U.S.
Malik Tillman, Timothy's younger brother, has played for the U.S. U15s.

"I think the door is still open," Ramos said. "We've been trying."

The U.S. has a long history of fielding players with strong ties to Germany. Thomas Dooley appeared in two World Cups for the U.S., captaining the squad in France in 1998.

At Brazil 2014, German-Americans John Brooks, Jermaine Jones and Julian Green all scored, with Timmy Chandler and Fabian Johnson also on the 23-man roster. Brooks, Green, Johnson and Jones had donned Germany's famous white shirt at various levels before later switching allegiances.

Ramos' side is currently training in Florida ahead of the CONCACAF Under-20 Championship in Costa Rica. The Americans will kick off that tournament, which will determine which teams advance to South Korea, on Feb. 18 against Panama.
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:02 am

Will the 3rd most populous country in the world please stop stealing players from the Nationalmannschaft?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:18 am

Are these german-american players sons of US soldiers based in Germany ?
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:27 am

ottackon wrote:Are these german-american players sons of US soldiers based in Germany ?

Yes, that is why they say that Germany is still under American occupation.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:41 am

We must be under German occupation, there's quite a few Germans stationed here!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tflags » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:14 pm

pyrasur wrote:We must be under German occupation, there's quite a few Germans stationed here!

How do you mean?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Valkress » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:32 pm

MUTU wrote:Will the 3rd most populous country in the world please stop stealing players from the Nationalmannschaft?

Honestly, strictly from a Bayern POV, it's better to have a US player than one extra German one.

For example, even though he was unsuccessful at Bayern, Green is one of the most renowned player in the US and I'm sure he increased Bayern's popularity in this growing US market...
On the other hand, one additional player for Germany won't change much to Bayern's popularity anywhere.
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:11 am

Valkress wrote:
MUTU wrote:Will the 3rd most populous country in the world please stop stealing players from the Nationalmannschaft?

Honestly, strictly from a Bayern POV, it's better to have a US player than one extra German one.

For example, even though he was unsuccessful at Bayern, Green is one of the most renowned player in the US and I'm sure he increased Bayern's popularity in this growing US market...
On the other hand, one additional player for Germany won't change much to Bayern's popularity anywhere.

This and, by and large, it's easier for a player to break into the US team than in the German team.
Of course Julian Green didn't really pan out for Bayern and honestly didn't do a ton with the USMNT.
But he wouldn't have even seen the pitch if he'd elected to join Die Mannschaft.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:30 am

Valkress wrote:

Never looked at it this way, yes you're right. Lest not forget that if a player can be swayed to change nationality just wonder what he would do when a big club comes knocking. Green moved on after all...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:40 pm

there are some rumors swirling around again about Barcelona's interest in Tillman... has anyone here actually seen him play? He's 18 years old now... it seems like if he was as big a prospect as some indicate, he'd be spending more time with the senior squad (I know he doesn't have a senior squad contract)... in any case, wondering if he's the "real deal"
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 16, 2017 2:44 pm

nm462272 wrote:there are some rumors swirling around again about Barcelona's interest in Tillman... has anyone here actually seen him play? He's 18 years old now... it seems like if he was as big a prospect as some indicate, he'd be spending more time with the senior squad (I know he doesn't have a senior squad contract)... in any case, wondering if he's the "real deal"

Tillman's dream is to play in Barcelona.We can't keep him forever.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby nm462272 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:51 pm

seems to be a decent passer with good vision, not much of a dribbler though. thanks for the video!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion