You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Tim Borowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Tim Borowski

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:13 pm

So apparently Borowski is not renewing his contract with Bremen and will be coming to Bayern next season, according to eurosport and other websites. (Not fcb.de however.) If this turns out to be true, I think it's a great signing, exactly the quality cover we need for Ze/Van Bommel. Looks like Klinsmann is exerting his influence already...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Originally posted by EndoFCB...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bund ... el/374010/

Borowski is our new player. He will come in new season. What do you think about him? If he comes Ottl probobly leave FCB :/
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:51 pm

Hmm is this Klinsmann's call or is it Hoeness' call?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:53 pm

I do not think it is a bad idea at all. We need a good CM who can make plays from the center of the park.
Right now, all our moves are dependent on the wings and there is very less coming from the middle.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:57 pm

if Borowski is the best player we can get in that position then fair enough coz he will be coming on a free transfer and this is obviously Klinsmann's work. Well done to him :D
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:08 am

Maybe it's just me but I'm not feeling this move at all. Borowski has been injured a lot the past two years so I have my doubts about him. It's good that he's coming for free, however, he isn't all that he's cracked up to be. As much as I love the German NT, I do not want Bayern to become the German NT.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:10 am

tracylynn wrote:Maybe it's just me but I'm not feeling this move at all. Borowski has been injured a lot the past two years so I have my doubts about him. It's good that he's coming for free, however, he isn't all that he's cracked up to be. As much as I love the German NT, I do not want Bayern to become the German NT.

i agree on this. id rather prefer STARS and not solely GERMAN stars.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:17 am

This certainly feels wierd! Obviously this is not gonna be the last player transfered in before next season, but right now I see Bayern accumulating too many players without a clear idea for the future, so...expect quite a few people leaving before next season, including maybe Van Bommel, Podolski, Van Buyten, Lahm or Sagnol, Ottl, Sosa...and since I'm in the mood of making predictions: keep an eye out on Schlaudraff, I think he will start playing a bigger role on Bayern from now on, coming from the bench that is...

I do like Borowski as CM a lot better than Van Bommel, and I suspect Klinsmann is not gonna field two CDM, but one, as in the national team...

I think this will also bring more hate to Bayern, especially from Werder fans after we have taken from them two of their top players in recent times (the other being Klose, of course)
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby elcalifornio » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:00 am

He's free, which is good. The big transfer should be one to replace Schweini over the summer. Next years team will look as different as this years.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:55 am

walter wrote:This certainly feels wierd! Obviously this is not gonna be the last player transfered in before next season, but right now I see Bayern accumulating too many players without a clear idea for the future, so...expect quite a few people leaving before next season, including maybe Van Bommel, Podolski, Van Buyten, Lahm or Sagnol, Ottl, Sosa...and since I'm in the mood of making predictions: keep an eye out on Schlaudraff, I think he will start playing a bigger role on Bayern from now on, coming from the bench that is...

I do like Borowski as CM a lot better than Van Bommel, and I suspect Klinsmann is not gonna field two CDM, but one, as in the national team...

I think this will also bring more hate to Bayern, especially from Werder fans after we have taken from them two of their top players in recent times (the other being Klose, of course)

I don´t mind being hated by Werder. Let them hate us. And I´m happy about the signing. Provided he stays fit he´s much better than Van Bommel.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby draconaut » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:06 am

wtf?!Bayern should get someone from the La Liga,Serie A etc! :( He is a Bremen player ,he can't just "betray' his club like that. :roll:I dun want Bayern to be hated.
As much as I love the German NT, I do not want Bayern to become the German NT.

Epic.t-u
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:17 am

diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Matakos » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:44 pm

tracylynn wrote:Originally posted by EndoFCB...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bund ... el/374010/

Borowski is our new player. He will come in new season. What do you think about him? If he comes Ottl probobly leave FCB :/

i'd rather say van bommel is leaving and not ottl....i don't know it's my opinion...
i can see klinsmann bringing many players form the german national team...
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:19 pm

draconaut wrote:wtf?!Bayern should get someone from the La Liga,Serie A etc! :( He is a Bremen player ,he can't just "betray' his club like that. :roll:I dun want Bayern to be hated.

Epic.t-u

What is it about being hated by Werder that is so wrong. I actually like if people hate Bayern and the fact Borowski chose Bayern over Bremen shows how superior we are.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby walter » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:17 pm

Paddy wrote:
draconaut wrote:wtf?!Bayern should get someone from the La Liga,Serie A etc! :( He is a Bremen player ,he can't just "betray' his club like that. :roll:I dun want Bayern to be hated.

Epic.t-u

What is it about being hated by Werder that is so wrong. I actually like if people hate Bayern and the fact Borowski chose Bayern over Bremen shows how superior we are.

The problem is we have got two of their "insignia" players, so what if we get Diego in the summer??? (yet not likely, still possible) then we will become "Werder in Bayern uniform" rather than Bayern. I think players should have a little more loyalty to their team and avoid moving to rivals. Also, bringing in the National team players will, IMO, weaken Bundesliga. i.e. bringing Borowski and Klose not just makes Bayern stronger, it also makes Werder weaker. For example, Sanogo, although doing a lot better than in Hamburg, cannot fill in Klose's shoes.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion