You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Tim Borowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Tim Borowski

Postby shileno » Mon May 25, 2009 5:37 pm

I don't even know why we still have Borowski.. We don't need an offensive midfield and if in case we need it, Ribery and Schweni can make it. Even Tymo can (He has a very good mid-distance shoot, much better than MVB).
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby shwas55 » Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 pm

MrLinky wrote:As I posted earlier in this thread, if we're gonna buy a new offensive-midfielder, we're definitely gonna have to get rid of one or two of the midfielders we currently have. Otherwise the squad would be just blown up with midfielders and no LD back-up for example. I like Hamburg's interest, they got a few ex-Bayern players (Trochowski, Jansen, Guerrero, Jarolim) and all of them did pretty well there.

Maybe we can trade Borowski (+cash) for Trochowski :D. Wont happen, but nice to think about
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon May 25, 2009 6:16 pm

shileno wrote:We don't need an offensive midfield

Perhaps Van Gaal wants us to play diamond again, and play with Borowski/Baumjohann/Schweinsteiger in the central attacking midfield position, the future long term position of Toni Kroos.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shileno » Mon May 25, 2009 6:37 pm

I don't think we will get a diamond shape.. With Tymo and MVB/Schweni (for defensive/offensive formation respectively) and Ribery on our LM, we only need a good RM. Sosa proved to be good but not enough for a big team, same as Altintop. Borowski will be pretty useless if we play like that and Baumjohann.. I don't event know what's he doing (will do) on Bayern lol.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MUTU » Mon May 25, 2009 7:16 pm

- We have 2 players who's best position is AM C (Borowski, Baumjohann)
- Next season (at the latest!) we will have Kroos who's best position is AM C
- Schweinsteiger is probably better suited in the middle (due to lack of pace)
- Bayern were courting Diego, another AM C

I think with all these factors, one needs to seriously consider going back to playing in a diamond formation.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tigercup » Mon May 25, 2009 8:27 pm

I think the 4-4-2 diamond formation is now after all our best possible formation and probable will be the definite formation
other proBABILITIES ARE THE 4-3-3 AND THE 4-5-1 (which i like but it's not siuted for the bundesliga asit only strenght will be played)
the 4-4-2 diamond is the most probable with tymo is a definite DM player and we are ona a AM which i think or will be great but bringing problems in the club as schweini said he would like to play as Cm and if we buy another AM NEXT year there will be a huge problem with TONI KROOS.
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Mon May 25, 2009 9:09 pm

MUTU wrote:- We have 2 players who's best position is AM C (Borowski, Baumjohann)
- Next season (at the latest!) we will have Kroos who's best position is AM C
- Schweinsteiger is probably better suited in the middle (due to lack of pace)
- Bayern were courting Diego, another AM C

I think with all these factors, one needs to seriously consider going back to playing in a diamond formation.

- They will stay on bench. Maybe if we don't get a better CM or RM (For me, a terrible mistake) they may play.
- Kroos is coming back? Mmm he will be benched but, he's better than Borowski and Baumjohann..
- Schweni will play as CM, I'm seeing Ribery as our LM for the time he stay on Bayern.
- Diego will surely go to Juventus. If we use a "10" style of game, maybe Ribery would be our 10.

I would like to see Tymo and MVB playing together, I'm glad to see MVB as the great player we all know. The RM spot could be for Schweni/Altintop/Sosa (Unless we change to the diamond shape an send Tymo to the bench), but they shouldn't be on the first XI (Maybe Schweni on Tymo's position, but that would be more an offensive formation) or get someone else (My best choice would be Sneijder, considering he will probably leave R.Madrid and we're getting a dutch coach. Gourcuff will stay on Bordeaux, Hleb could help but it's not that good). The RB will be difficult, I would like to see someone as good as Lahm but it's highly unlikely.. Maybe Lahm could make it to the right and get a new LB.

This would be my choice if we're keeping the diamond shape. The two CM will be changing (defensive or offensive formation).

--------------Addler :D/Butt--------------
--RB----Lucio----Micho/DVB-----Lahm
----------------Tymo/MVB------------------
--RM/Altintop--------------Ribery/Schweni
-------Schweni/Sosa/Baumjohann---------
----Klose/Olic---------Gomez?/Toni----

But.. I've seen AZ Alkmaar use a normal 4-4-2 formation. It all depends of Van Gaal and the players we're getting, unless we want to see Bayern crushed again on the CL :roll:
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby shpati_L1 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:33 pm

TYMO ON THE BENCH ?????? We bought him for 15 M to send him on the bench ??? NOT gonna happen !!
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby shileno » Mon May 25, 2009 9:40 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:TYMO ON THE BENCH ?????? We bought him for 15 M to send him on the bench ??? NOT gonna happen !!

Actually, it could happen, if MVB stays as our captain #-o
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby SilentStrike » Mon May 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Bayern arent the kind of club to buy player for 15M and bench them.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby tigercup » Tue May 26, 2009 9:07 pm

you just got all got it wrong as i said in the other thread bayern wont buy a midfielder i hope im wrong but these are facts.

.............Tymo.................
Schweini....MvB..........Ribery

THE ONLY MIDFIELD I SEE AS REALISTIC
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby AvatarX » Tue May 26, 2009 9:26 pm

shileno wrote:
shpati_L1 wrote:TYMO ON THE BENCH ?????? We bought him for 15 M to send him on the bench ??? NOT gonna happen !!

Actually, it could happen, if MVB stays as our captain #-o

I hope MVB will not stay as our captain (actually I believe that was one of wrong decisions Klinsmann did).
I think Lucio (for his spirit) or Lahm should be our captain. Someone that others respect for his abilities...

We all remember the game with Barca in which MVB shouting to all the others but himself (and no-one seemed to care)...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Tomas » Tue May 26, 2009 11:43 pm

I think some of you guys are too hard on Borowski. I think hes a pretty solid sub.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shileno » Wed May 27, 2009 12:38 am

Lahm should be captain.. Even Schweni is a better choice than MVB.

Yeah I feel sorry for Borowski, but sadly, he doesn't fit on our new tactics. He's more like our "last man" but nothing more.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby bayern123 » Wed May 27, 2009 1:44 am

Having Borowski on the bench would be very good. Don't forget we need a good bench!! We will be needing them at some point during the long season.

Don't forget he was very successful earlier on for Bayern. He still has much to offer for the club.
bayern123
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion