You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Tim Borowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Postby walter » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:09 am

fcelber87 wrote:Why Borowski why? We have ze, mvb, sosa, kroos, schweini, and altintop who can all play in the middle. i say we give sosa and kroos a chance to establish themselves--if they do not succeed then yea - bring in another player. But we have so much talent now it's unfair to buy these players--hailing their abilities--and then throwing them on the bench. Kroos maybe a bit too young--although he is performing well. But sosa in midseason training has looked good.

i never thought I would say this but, I kind of feel sorry for bremen and it's fans. Two of their iconic players shafting them two years in a row.


I think schweini, sosa and altintop play only marginally in the middle, i.e. its not their natural position. Kroos is more of a playmaker/CAM, and not a box-to-box CM like Borowski or MVB.

I fully agree with you on your last point though...
User avatar
walter
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2387
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Texas, US
National Flag:
Venezuela
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Huggseybear31 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:57 pm

walter wrote:
fcelber87 wrote:Why Borowski why? We have ze, mvb, sosa, kroos, schweini, and altintop who can all play in the middle. i say we give sosa and kroos a chance to establish themselves--if they do not succeed then yea - bring in another player. But we have so much talent now it's unfair to buy these players--hailing their abilities--and then throwing them on the bench. Kroos maybe a bit too young--although he is performing well. But sosa in midseason training has looked good.

i never thought I would say this but, I kind of feel sorry for bremen and it's fans. Two of their iconic players shafting them two years in a row.


I think schweini, sosa and altintop play only marginally in the middle, i.e. its not their natural position. Kroos is more of a playmaker/CAM, and not a box-to-box CM like Borowski or MVB.

I fully agree with you on your last point though...



I disagree you cant say Toni is playmaker at all? WHy would you say that because he helped set up goals for klose?


Kroos in the 2007 fifa under 17 world cup scored 5 goals leading team germany in goals not tomention who can forget the late goal he socred i bealvie it was agianst bolton.

Toni kroos just turned 18 hes my age, you cant exactly say what toni will be hes far tooo young, He has shown that he can score and he has shown ability to set people up he really reminds me of Kaka and what kaka did last year to take milian through the champions league
Image
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:43 pm

Yes, let's all shed a tear for Bremen? I never would've thought a good player coming to Bayern would create such a negative reaction. Life in Bremen will go on, everyone thought they were dead and buried when Klose left and now look at the table.
I don't think we have as many options for central midfield as we do for the wings. Ze and MVB are fine, but Ottl just doesn't have enough quality to displace them, and Kroos is still really young. Sosa might be OK, but other than that I don't think we've got much going on there. Schweini was a disaster in the center last season, and the whole reason Altintop left Schalke in the first place was because they were playing him at CDM, which he did not want to do anymore. I definately like Ze-Borowski in the middle more than Ze-MVB. Obviously Ze is towards the end of his career and Van Bommel not too far behind so some real quality was needed there and now we have it. Is that so bad?
User avatar
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:50 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:59 am

First of all, the news is that this is not a Klinsmann's decision. It was actually Uli's and them decision. They have been talking to him before Klinsmann decided to take over as coach. Of course, the news of Klinsmann probably made him say yes to Bayern.

I think the reason why some of us have some doubts or negative thoughts about him is because of how he's been injury proned the past 2 years almost. I can not remember when he last played for the NT because it seems like he's injured. Plus, I'm not sure if he is that good. He's not bad but is he really Bayern quality? I guess we'll find out next season.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: Springfield, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby walter » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:03 am

tracylynn wrote:First of all, the news is that this is not a Klinsmann's decision. It was actually Uli's and them decision. They have been talking to him before Klinsmann decided to take over as coach. Of course, the news of Klinsmann probably made him say yes to Bayern.

I think the reason why some of us have some doubts or negative thoughts about him is because of how he's been injury proned the past 2 years almost. I can not remember when he last played for the NT because it seems like he's injured. Plus, I'm not sure if he is that good. He's not bad but is he really Bayern quality? I guess we'll find out next season.


What does Bayern quality means? I wish we had someone as good as him in midfield last season. I actually think he is underrated, and even teams like Atletico Madrid and Juventus were interested in him. Had he not been injured so often in the last two seasons he would've probably left to Italy, Spain or England.
Bayern quality can only be expressed in terms of our current or recent players, so, is he better than Ballack? no, but certainly better than MVB...so, yes he is Bayern quality because if fit he would be, without a doubt, in the starting lineup over MVB and likely over Ze as well....

Players don't necessarily need to be Italian to be Bayern quality Tracy.... :D
that was actually a joke....
User avatar
walter
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2387
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Texas, US
National Flag:
Venezuela
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:58 pm

walter wrote:What does Bayern quality means? I wish we had someone as good as him in midfield last season. I actually think he is underrated, and even teams like Atletico Madrid and Juventus were interested in him. Had he not been injured so often in the last two seasons he would've probably left to Italy, Spain or England.
Bayern quality can only be expressed in terms of our current or recent players, so, is he better than Ballack? no, but certainly better than MVB...so, yes he is Bayern quality because if fit he would be, without a doubt, in the starting lineup over MVB and likely over Ze as well....

I second it pal. Borowski is a world-class player. He was just unlucky to be injured for long spells. He is seen as Ballack's successor in the NT and that itself is not a small achievement. He is similar to Ballack and I am sure he will be a regular starter for us(definitely above MvB)
User avatar
fanOfBayern
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: NY, (USA)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:10 pm

walter wrote:
What does Bayern quality means? I wish we had someone as good as him in midfield last season. I actually think he is underrated, and even teams like Atletico Madrid and Juventus were interested in him. Had he not been injured so often in the last two seasons he would've probably left to Italy, Spain or England.
Bayern quality can only be expressed in terms of our current or recent players, so, is he better than Ballack? no, but certainly better than MVB...so, yes he is Bayern quality because if fit he would be, without a doubt, in the starting lineup over MVB and likely over Ze as well....

Players don't necessarily need to be Italian to be Bayern quality Tracy.... :D
that was actually a joke....



Quality is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone's definition is different so what one think of a player's quality is going to be different than another. Like I've stated before, and I'm starting to sound like a broken record, he's injuries are a concern for me. He may be fine and won't have any problems but he might not. That is why I said let's wait and see what happens to him.

As for the Italians comment, ok, so you're joking but I can not help it if I am not a hater of a player because of their nationality. It is because of all the hatred that made me examine Italian football and ended up enjoying it. BTW...I've never stated that Bayern needed to bring in an Italian instead of Borowski.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:54 pm
Location: Springfield, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Jorge » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:50 am

tracylynn wrote:As for the Italians comment, ok, so you're joking but I can not help it if I am not a hater of a player because of their nationality. It is because of all the hatred that made me examine Italian football and ended up enjoying it. BTW...I've never stated that Bayern needed to bring in an Italian instead of Borowski.


I would not mind if they bring Pirlo, but it is like everything for that money they can buy Ballack back.

As for Borowski he is a world class player in the making, he proved at the World Cup, specially remember the game versus Argentina. can he step up and put a string of solid games for Bayern? He has the capacity, but he will have to prove it on the pitch.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, USA
National Flag:
World Trade Organization
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 1041 times
Gender: Male

Postby Huggseybear31 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Jorge wrote:
tracylynn wrote:As for the Italians comment, ok, so you're joking but I can not help it if I am not a hater of a player because of their nationality. It is because of all the hatred that made me examine Italian football and ended up enjoying it. BTW...I've never stated that Bayern needed to bring in an Italian instead of Borowski.


I would not mind if they bring Pirlo, but it is like everything for that money they can buy Ballack back.

As for Borowski he is a world class player in the making, he proved at the World Cup, specially remember the game versus Argentina. can he step up and put a string of solid games for Bayern? He has the capacity, but he will have to prove it on the pitch.


why would we buy ballack back? hes been injury prone the last two seasons and even when he was healthy he wasent impresive at all. Pirlo? Leaving Milan? Thats like saying Totti is going to leave Roma, Pirlo is a very important player on that team right behind kaka

i think borowski will be a very good addition to this team when were competing for the bundislega but when we start playing other top european clubs were not going to have an edge over clubs because i dont kno if you can really sa borowski is world class? and A definition of being world class is being players like Ronadinho Kaka Pirlo totti gerrard
Image
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Borowski may not be world class like the players you mentioned but I think Ribery and Toni certainly are. That's our edge.
User avatar
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:50 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Huggseybear31 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:56 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Borowski may not be world class like the players you mentioned but I think Ribery and Toni certainly are. That's our edge.



ahahahahahhahah that was goood ahahahahha your right!!!!!

im alittel bias because i really want to see Daniele De Rossi wearing bayern red this winter/spring
Image
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Swellu » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:27 pm

Borowski is a very good player although there is always a good margin of improvement ! I would simply love to see an all German Bayern with a couple or three Brazilian to add flair and creativity !

N.B. These transfers are Hoeness job not Klinsmann or Hitzfeld as he is the Team manager and sole responsible for Bayern's transfers deals!

This transfer will obviously mean that another CM will be leaving Bayern at the end of the season, hope it wont be another mistake like when Bayern let Frings go to get Ismael, which turned out to be the greatest transfer mistake in these last years!
Swellu
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:41 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Jorge » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:47 pm

Huggseybear31 wrote:
why would we buy ballack back?


Because he hasn't adapted to the EPL, he has expressed that he misses the way Bayern plays as he can show better his skills -specially in the air-, he is a world class player and he will rock at Bayern.

Huggseybear31 wrote:hes been injury prone the last two seasons and even when he was healthy he wasent impresive at all.


Only one injury and he is fully recovered playing the full 90 minutes on every Chelsea game

Huggseybear31 wrote:Pirlo? Leaving Milan? Thats like saying Totti is going to leave Roma, Pirlo is a very important player on that team right behind kaka


Yes, Pirlo leaving Milan. Serie A has a lot of problems these days -from finances to lack of fan support, to corruption -and some high profile Italians are looking at other leagues. Luca Toni's experience at Bayern will attrack other names if Bayern opens the wallet. Pirlo and Toni's friendship is not a secret to anyone. BTW getting Klinsmann to coach Bayern is a bigger effort than bringing Pirlo to Munich, I do not see how it can be impossible.

Huggseybear31 wrote: i think borowski will be a very good addition to this team when were competing for the bundislega but when we start playing other top european clubs were not going to have an edge over clubs because i dont kno if you can really sa borowski is world class? and A definition of being world class is being players like Ronadinho Kaka Pirlo totti gerrard


If Borowski can do well with Germany at a World Cup he can do well at the Champions League, just put the right midfielders in front of him -Bayern has them- and he will show up more than what he did for Bremen.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, USA
National Flag:
World Trade Organization
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 1041 times
Gender: Male

Postby Huggseybear31 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:31 pm

Jorge wrote:
Huggseybear31 wrote:
why would we buy ballack back?


Because he hasn't adapted to the EPL, he has expressed that he misses the way Bayern plays as he can show better his skills -specially in the air-, he is a world class player and he will rock at Bayern.


Ofcourse ballack is going to say he misses bayern, Why? Because he has done squat for chelsea. he has 30 caps for them and only 6 goals
Huggseybear31 wrote:hes been injury prone the last two seasons and even when he was healthy he wasent impresive at all.


Only one injury and he is fully recovered playing the full 90 minutes on every Chelsea game


what has he done in those chelsea games? Notting impressive

Huggseybear31 wrote:Pirlo? Leaving Milan? Thats like saying Totti is going to leave Roma, Pirlo is a very important player on that team right behind kaka


Yes, Pirlo leaving Milan. Serie A has a lot of problems these days -from finances to lack of fan support, to corruption -and some high profile Italians are looking at other leagues. Luca Toni's experience at Bayern will attrack other names if Bayern opens the wallet. Pirlo and Toni's friendship is not a secret to anyone. BTW getting Klinsmann to coach Bayern is a bigger effort than bringing Pirlo to Munich, I do not see how it can be impossible.


Good points, But you have to remember its not only pirlos choice Ac Milan also has to agree and i dont bealive they will. They jsut one a champions league i cant see them breaking up that team even tho they are having a pretty bad year, But they still have time to step up there game and i bealive thats whats going to happen. Not to mention Pirlo is a possible captain replacement to replace maldini as captain.
Huggseybear31 wrote: i think borowski will be a very good addition to this team when were competing for the bundislega but when we start playing other top european clubs were not going to have an edge over clubs because i dont kno if you can really sa borowski is world class? and A definition of being world class is being players like Ronadinho Kaka Pirlo totti gerrard


If Borowski can do well with Germany at a World Cup he can do well at the Champions League, just put the right midfielders in front of him -Bayern has them- and he will show up more than what he did for Bremen.

Thats a high expectation for borowski an di hope he can accomphlish it but we will have to wait it out and see what is possible from this club. And before we start thinking of champions league we have to worry about the standings and the uefa cup.
Image
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:05 pm

LOL LOL LOL LOL @ those who say Ballack will return or that even Bayern will go after him or even take him back on a free transfer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funny shit


We don't need him , he is in the past. We thank him for the trophies and the glory he gave us. Now there are hell of a lot more better players than him out there to go after.

Borowski , even though i dont personally like him ...he can help us improve. With couple more important transfers in the summer the next year we will be freaking awesome.

Forget Ballack, forget the past, we should build on the future ahead of us and expect trophies with the current squad.

Ballack thought he would be a freaking star , and so did his teamate Sheva...but hey money is not necessarily synonymous to success in football.


Anyway
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
User avatar
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Sheffield , England
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests