You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Tim Borowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:27 pm

Now that everyone knows Borowski will wear a Bayern shirt next season, the fans will start booing him and I think that he will no play a big role in the second half of the season for Bremen whick means he will be short of match practise....I think!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 pm

I don't mind the fact that Bayern are hated because that is just normal. A popular and successful team will always be hated. However, what I'm not a big fan of is the way Bayern pillages other Bundesliga teams for players. Of course, it's bound to happen but they seem to rely on it too much. I would like them to try and attract some players outside of the league just a little bit more. Sometimes it feels like they don't want to be bother with the hassle of attracting outside the league players. It's like they don't want to spend too much time doing it unless they really, really want to.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Huggseybear31 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:29 pm

tracylynn wrote:I don't mind the fact that Bayern are hated because that is just normal. A popular and successful team will always be hated. However, what I'm not a big fan of is the way Bayern pillages other Bundesliga teams for players. Of course, it's bound to happen but they seem to rely on it too much. I would like them to try and attract some players outside of the league just a little bit more. Sometimes it feels like they don't want to be bother with the hassle of attracting outside the league players. It's like they don't want to spend too much time doing it unless they really, really want to.

The reason is players from other countries cost MONEY!!! pluse dont get me wrong german football is competative but leagues like the premire league, italian league and the spanish league is very competative because they have all the top players playing in there league. Teams in the bundesliga have to stop being cheap and have to start spending money on top talent
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:16 pm

Everyone doesn't seem to like that we sign other Bundesliga stars, but don't forget that we also just signed the Player of the Year of the Brazilian league. We're no different from any of the other top teams in Europe, or even in different sports worldwide. Money and a serious gameplan for success are what attract players these days, for better or for worse. Somebody's always losing out when a good player changes clubs. It doesn't matter what league they come from.
As for signing more international stars, that's cool I guess, but don't forget about Blatter and Platini's "6+5 plan" that could well become a reality. If that became a rule today, Bayern would not be able to start any game with their current absolute best 11. If you think about that then Borowski is an even better signing that he is without that silly rule!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Bayern has always been Germany NT + some few foreign stars + some new German talents, and there is no reason to believe that is going to change if the formula proved results in the past, both at DBL level and European Level.

I prefer this over Arsenal without British players!

I remember that back in the early 90's after most top profile German players have gone to Italy (Brehmen, Matthaus and Klinsmann to Inter, Voeller and Berthold to Roma, Hassler, Kohler and Reuter to Juventus) Bayern started to "import" most of them back to the DBL.

Borowski will be a good fit. I expect Van Bommel leaving for sure, and maybe Ze Roberto (only because of his age as I see Klinsmann implementing a re-juvenation process). I also see Klinsi fighting to keep Lahm although he is gotten very expensive and I am sure most big European clubs will go after him when the season ends.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:05 am

I don't think Ze Roberto will be leaving. He is playing a lot better than Van Bommel at the same position, and I think it would be a serious lack of ethics from the board if they show him the exit door---after all, Ze quit the Brazilian national team to come to Bayern because this was one of the demands made by Hoeness and Rummenigge. It would be really shitty to show him the exit door after they made him quit the national team...

I think next season Bayern will play with only one CDM, which will be Ze as first choice (Ottl being the second, and VB will be leaving). Borowski will play CM with a much more attacking role.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:16 am

Ze' won't leave us in any case. I think he will end his career here. And, Klinsmann will not object. Because, the team needs to hold on to its experienced players.
However, I could imagine MvB leaving us at the end of this season.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:55 am

Huggseybear31 wrote:The reason is players from other countries cost MONEY!!! pluse dont get me wrong german football is competative but leagues like the premire league, italian league and the spanish league is very competative because they have all the top players playing in there league. Teams in the bundesliga have to stop being cheap and have to start spending money on top talent

I know the players cost money but I agree with you that the Bundesliga teams need to stop being so cheap and open up their pocket books but that is not going to happen.

I think my real issue with this is the fact that they got Borowski, who has been injury proned the last two years. He could really be a bust when we get him. Plus, is he the best in the Bundelsiga in that position? Part of me is saying no but that could be because of the doubt that I have concerning him. I'm not saying that Bayern needs to buy foreign players but Borowski? Makes me wonder...

Actually, my second post was in response of the previous posts before that one, in case anyone needed to know.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Huggseybear31 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:54 am

Why are people asking if it was hitzfield move or klinsmann????

Naturally it was Klinsmann considering the player wont even be playing for the reds untill next season when klinnsmann is incharge!!

MvB hes pretty much gone by the end of the season i remember him for barca he was on the down fall of his career and last year for bayern he was an important player but now hes getting beat up and we have to put better players on the field so i belaive he is gone.

Ze is staying will he start next year? we will see but he is deff staying

lahm? im nto sure i remember during the world cup Beckenbaur was talking about how lahm is one of the best up an domcing defensive players righ tnow and i thought that was becasue they wanted to boost up his vaule for trade, But klinnsmann is a big supporter of lahm i bealive when he was coaching the national team he had lahm as a defensive wing baack and i recall many times where lahm would run up with the ball and cross it in to the box i think lahm is going to stay

sagnol tho?? i respect him alot hes a great player, hes one of the big reasons why ribery came to this team but i think his days might be numberd becausejensen has been pretty impressive so we will have to see

AS FOR TRANSFERS

STOP BRINGING IN FOWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring in a great middie cough cough DE ROSSI cough cough

we need a great versatile middie because the team has not been the same since ballack has left
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Postby draconaut » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:27 am

draconaut wrote: then we will become "Werder in Bayern uniform" rather than Bayern. I think players should have a little more loyalty to their team and avoid moving to rivals. Also, bringing in the National team players will, IMO, weaken Bundesliga. i.e. bringing Borowski and Klose not just makes Bayern stronger, it also makes Werder weaker. .

Yes,they should have more loyalty,and weakening the bundesliga is not a good thing.bayern should be more adventurous imo.
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Hej Huggseybear31. That signature you have is pretty impressive and a great piece of art but can you resize it and make it smaller?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby Jorge » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:51 pm

mackoy wrote:Hej Huggseybear31. That signature you have is pretty impressive and a great piece of art but can you resize it and make it smaller?

I fully agree! It stretches the web page so the text of the posts don't fit in the screen now.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:20 pm

walter wrote:I don't think Ze Roberto will be leaving. He is playing a lot better than Van Bommel at the same position, and I think it would be a serious lack of ethics from the board if they show him the exit door---after all, Ze quit the Brazilian national team to come to Bayern because this was one of the demands made by Hoeness and Rummenigge. It would be really shitty to show him the exit door after they made him quit the national team...

I think next season Bayern will play with only one CDM, which will be Ze as first choice (Ottl being the second, and VB will be leaving). Borowski will play CM with a much more attacking role.

The deal with Ze Roberto is more complex than that.

I fully agree that he is playing pretty good, he is consistent game in game out, he is very versatile and for me he is more important to this Bayern team than what most people might believe; but new signings of younger players for the position(s) that he plays create an adverse scenario at Bayern.

True that he left Brazil to return to Germany, and he negotiated retiring from the Brazilian NT; but I always found this a ridiculous and redundant statement. Ze, himself told a Brazilian newspaper that he wanted to go back to Germany concerned about the safety of his family (kidnappings of football relatives in Brazil) and at 33 he was basically out of the Brazilian NT already.

He will be 34 before next season with one year remaining in his contract, for sure he will not be renewed at 35 for the season after, so he will not be on Klinsmann’s plans for the future. Will Jurgen Klinsmann field Ze as a regular starter game after game leaving on the bench those who are younger and have several years of contract to fulfill, and might play as well as Ze? Most likely Ze will have to show that he is at a level quite higher than the rest. Then we face the next scenario, if he loses the starting spot, or if he suspects that he will struggle to have it and he receives a good offer from another club for a 2 or 3 year contract, I do not see him staying and Bayern will do good business cashing a transfer fee. It will not be that Bayern is showing him the exit door he will rush to get out as he is running out of time as a professional player.

Let’s see what the future holds, but I see him leaving at the end of the season or during the January 2008 winter break, but in both cases not fulfilling his contract. He is such a good player that he will retire at 37 or 38 and on the field, not on the bench.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby BayernRtheBest » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:55 am

Borowski is a really good player and showed he was a key player in the German NT during the World Cup. This is one of the reasons Klinsman probably wanted to bring borowski into Bayern. I think it is a great move and probably a signal that von bommel will leave at the end of the season.
BayernRtheBest

Postby fcelber87 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:21 am

Why Borowski why? We have ze, mvb, sosa, kroos, schweini, and altintop who can all play in the middle. i say we give sosa and kroos a chance to establish themselves--if they do not succeed then yea - bring in another player. But we have so much talent now it's unfair to buy these players--hailing their abilities--and then throwing them on the bench. Kroos maybe a bit too young--although he is performing well. But sosa in midseason training has looked good.

i never thought I would say this but, I kind of feel sorry for bremen and it's fans. Two of their iconic players shafting them two years in a row.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion