You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby pyrasur » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:53 pm

One of the great mysteries of football since he fills no obvious box. Hoping it's upwards from here for Müller. If he's played as a striker I think we get the best from him.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby AllensRoten » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:20 pm

pyrasur wrote:One of the great mysteries of football since he fills no obvious box. Hoping it's upwards from here for Müller. If he's played as a striker I think we get the best from him.

Thought so much about this and have even said it since Götze arrived. He has all the qualities of a good striker, just have him rotate with Lewa. In his place we could play another midfielder.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:32 pm

pyrasur wrote:
#12 wrote:Disagree again -

So close to a period, yet so far on the keyboard. :lol:

One day you will use some form of common punctuation and I will be there to see it!

Dude, I realize I can be annoying for my character, my opinion, my posts or my ugly self - but it's the internet and not a friggin term paper! (There you have it, just for you! )
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Still haven't seen a period by itself. :mrgreen:

(You can care about what I say and copy and paste the one above, or not and life will go on)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:54 am

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby 1911 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:52 pm

I haven't gone back and read through all the previous posts, but they've been playing an orthodox 4-3-3 in defense with Muller on the right. Attacking, we're only playing 1 winger, and essentially giving Muller a free/ss role. On paper it makes a lot of sense as you can take advantage of his stamina and work rate. When you think about it, prior to Robben joining, we essentially played everything down the left with Ribery anyway.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:44 am

1911 wrote:I haven't gone back and read through all the previous posts, but they've been playing an orthodox 4-3-3 in defense with Muller on the right. Attacking, we're only playing 1 winger, and essentially giving Muller a free/ss role. On paper it makes a lot of sense as you can take advantage of his stamina and work rate. When you think about it, prior to Robben joining, we essentially played everything down the left with Ribery anyway.

Too bad Muller has been playing too wide to make any sort of impact on the pitch...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Thomas Müller: "I will be scoring goals in all competitions again, it's my promise to my fans."
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:58 pm

^
Bayern Munich attacker Thomas Muller has vowed to bounce back from a poor run in front of goal.

Muller, 27, has not scored in five Bundesliga appearances this season and also drew a blank for Germany at Euro 2016.

But he told German football magazine kicker that dips in form were all part of the game.

"Football is just like everyday, normal life," he said. "You have excellent, good, normal and bad phases. A good scoring run is something special and there's never any guarantees. You've got to accept that."

Muller has been frustrated by opposition goalkeepers in inspired form in recent weeks, with Hamburg's Rene Adler, Atletico Madrid's Jan Oblak and Timo Horn of Cologne all denying him.

"The goalkeeper reacted brilliantly each time," he said. "I didn't do anything wrong in these situations, but simply didn't enjoy any luck."Naturally it rankles when the ball doesn't hit the back of the net, but that's sport. I'm convinced that I'll score soon."

He added that he was "the sort of player that defines himself by the success of the team," adding: "The key is to have a positive end to the season when the titles are up for grabs."

Muller said he was looking forward to joining forces with Arjen Robben in coming weeks.

Muller has been used predominately on the right-hand side by coach Carlo Ancelotti when Robben has been out with injury, but said: "Ideally, Arjen and I are together on the pitch as I love playing alongside him.

"We've profited a lot from each other in the past seven seasons and performed very well together. He creates space for me and vice-versa. We have a great understanding."
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:00 pm

Bayern Munich's Thomas Muller happy if Carlo Ancelotti needs to get tough

Thomas Muller says Bayern Munich "can deal with a kick up the arse" from coach Carlo Ancelotti if the situation demands it.

Ancelotti took over from Pep Guardiola in the summer and started his reign in Bavaria with eight straight wins in all competitions, but they suffered their first defeat under the Italian last week with a 1-0 loss at Atletico Madrid in the Champions League and could only draw 1-1 against Cologne in the Bundesliga at the weekend.

Reflecting on Ancelotti's calmer demeanour in comparison to Guardiola, Muller told kicker: "Of course, the way Ancelotti acts in moments of crisis is good and positive, because it prevents unrest and makes the team stronger, but when it's necessary, our team can deal with a kick up the arse. It's all about finding the right mix.After a run of two games without a win, captain Philipp Lahm and goalkeeper Manuel Neuer both complained the Bavarians have lacked full commitment in recent games, with suggestions that Bayern are easing off under Ancelotti after three high-intensity seasons with Guardiola.

Asked about Bayern's poor run of form, Muller said: "There's no danger of us slacking but we must stay focused.

"As professionals you always have to perform to the top of your ability. FC Bayern sets the highest targets every season, so we cannot allow that to happen.

"I definitely do not sense that we lack motivation. We were all annoyed after the 1-1 draw against Cologne because only drawing at home is not up to standard. We are annoyed, but a point tally of 16 after six games doesn't really indicate we are taking a creative break. Or do you see it differently?

"You can only judge by the results, and these were very good -- apart from the last couple of games. The next few matches will provide a clearer answer.""
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:37 am

1911 wrote:I haven't gone back and read through all the previous posts, but they've been playing an orthodox 4-3-3 in defense with Muller on the right. Attacking, we're only playing 1 winger, and essentially giving Muller a free/ss role. On paper it makes a lot of sense as you can take advantage of his stamina and work rate. When you think about it, prior to Robben joining, we essentially played everything down the left with Ribery anyway.

In fact this is what I suggested in the tactics thread, although with a base 3-4-3 rather than 4-3-3. I think it's definitely the role Muller needs to take at the moment.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:42 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:16 pm

hello Ancelotti hello Lewandowski...

Per favore Carletto pls play Muller behind Lewa...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:hello Ancelotti hello Lewandowski...

Per favore Carletto pls play Muller behind Lewa...

He is playing as a "RW" today...
The issue is Lahm does not go up the way Kimmich is doing it. Lahm is the problem, not Müller's position.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:26 pm

but he is making a lot of movement ... with Bayern he seems stagnated.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion