You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby ottackon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Brilliant !
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby quaazi » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Great article - goes to show you that you don't have to be "neutral" to have good insight or writing talent (Uli Hesse being a long-time Dortmund fan).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby prasun77 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:51 pm

Uli Hesse is also a German National team fan I guess? :wink: :lol:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:11 am

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller rates 'efficiency' higher than fancy tricks, flash celebrations and golden boots [source]
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:35 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby bastos80 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Haven't won a Bundesliga match he hasn't started in this season.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:30 am

When asked if reigning European champions Barca are the best team in the world, Muller, 26, said that looking at what both clubs have achieved this term, nothing really divides them.

"I wouldn't really know where they are better [than us]," he told Sport1. "Sure, you can see week after week how good they are. But they could also see us play and say that we are strong too. We will definitely be geared up should we play them [in the Champions League]."

http://www.espnfc.us/bayern-munich/story/2826135/thomas-muller-barcelona-no-better-than-bayern-munich
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Argeta » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:49 am

Very true. People are seriously over hyping MSN, calma plz.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Pittbay » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:44 am

They're hyped because they deserve to be, as we should know considering how they wrecked us last year. I like Müller's confidence, but honestly I don't rate our chances against Barca very highly. I'd be surprised if they don't win it all again.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:35 am

Our team is second to none when fit and in form. It is a matter of form and timing. That's all. Hence why winning the CL requires luck.

On Pep's first season, out of 6 (?) months season has, on 5 of those we would have won against Madrid, but we faced them in the only month they were at their very best and we were at our very worst. Same with Barça last season (although they were superior for more months, maybe 3-3 or 4-2). Don't forget that last season, Barça was sh!t until December -there was even talk of Enrique getting the sack- and then peaked incredibly after. It is a matter of timing.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:51 am

Bayern can beat any team with if they are fit, but if the injuries affect them again, then they can still beat barcelona if they have a good plan, something that Pep fails in our last visit in camp nou.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:11 am

Pittbay wrote:They're hyped because they deserve to be, as we should know considering how they wrecked us last year. I like Müller's confidence, but honestly I don't rate our chances against Barca very highly. I'd be surprised if they don't win it all again.

Them "wrecking" us is quite an overstatement. They played a fully fit and in form squad against us without wingers, a left back, and a post concussion striker. And we still beat them at home...
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Pittbay » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:42 am

sherpthederp wrote:
Pittbay wrote:They're hyped because they deserve to be, as we should know considering how they wrecked us last year. I like Müller's confidence, but honestly I don't rate our chances against Barca very highly. I'd be surprised if they don't win it all again.

Them "wrecking" us is quite an overstatement. They played a fully fit and in form squad against us without wingers, a left back, and a post concussion striker. And we still beat them at home...

I'd say being up 5-1 on aggregate (which gave them the luxury to step off the gas) qualifies well enough as "wrecking." Could've gone differently under different circumstances, sure, but we were never in the tie after Messi scored the famous 2-0 at Camp Nou.

This year, we'd have a good chance to beat them assuming we get past Juve, but they would definitely be favorites IMO.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MihailT » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:53 am

Pittbay wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:

I'd say being up 5-1 on aggregate (which gave them the luxury to step off the gas) qualifies well enough as "wrecking." Could've gone differently under different circumstances, sure, but we were never in the tie after Messi scored the famous 2-0 at Camp Nou.

This year, we'd have a good chance to beat them assuming we get past Juve, but they would definitely be favorites IMO.

Well, I disagree. We crushed Juventus for 60 minutes and were 2:0 up as visitors. Why didn't anyone end the tie there and then declaring us victors? Oh, yeah, you'd have to play the remaining 30 minutes and the game in Munich before it's all over. So all this "yeah, they were ahead on aggregate, so they stopped playing" talk is just bullshit. Real Madrid were practically in the final after 2:0 up in Munich, why didn't they stop playing?

Also, I'd say that Neymar's goal in extra time did far more damage than Messi's second, not to mention the fact that Barca's first goal came after an obvious dive from Neymar, who already had a yellow card by that point and should have been sent off on the spot and Messi's "incredible" dribble occurred while 4 of our players were arguing with the referee. And even in Munich there was a period after 3:2 we missed a couple of chances and for 5-10 minutes there was visible confusion, if not outright panic in Barca's defence. Still remember Muller yelling at the ball-boys on the touch line to hurry up as if we didn't need 3 goals against Barcelona, but 1 goal agains Hanover.

So "they crushed" us simply doesn't tell the story right even without taking our injuries into account.
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion