You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:50 pm

quaazi wrote:Okay, time to talk about the elephant in the room. What's wrong with Müller? Since the break he's been terrible with his handling of the ball. He can't get good shots off, he can't control the ball quick, he fluffs so many opportunities. The intelligent movement and physical game is still there and it's as good as ever (that run to drag Lewa onside at Paderborn was gorgeous, for example), but he screws up so many chances right now... or am I the only one to see this? :|

Interesting elephant. I thought he was the worst Bayern player on the pitch yesterday, by a mile. And considering how dominant our play was, it was actually rather difficult to have a bad match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5578 times
Been thanked: 8309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby JANCKER » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:54 pm

I give Mueller 70% or higher chances to leave if Pep stays another year. If I have to choose who do I want to see leave first of the two, obviously that would be Pep.
Pep had my full support but you don't mess with Mueller, ever.
Losing him is like losing our identity… some people can't care less about that, but not me.
'He has no reason to be unhappy, he played <insert some countless minutes here>' someone will say, but it's not only about numbers. LvG gave him full trust, same as Jupp, that didn't happen under Pep.
Mark my words, he'll leave if Pep stays another year. I don't believe that relationships in the dressing room are the best as what they're trying to sell us…
I've seen an unhappy Kroos last year, where is he today?
Before another one leaves I say PEP RAUS!
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17588
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9162 times
Been thanked: 8470 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:22 pm

JANCKER wrote:I give Mueller 70% or higher chances to leave if Pep stays another year. If I have to choose who do I want to see leave first of the two, obviously that would be Pep.
Pep had my full support but you don't mess with Mueller, ever.
Losing him is like losing our identity… some people can't care less about that, but not me.
'He has no reason to be unhappy, he played <insert some countless minutes here>' someone will say, but it's not only about numbers. LvG gave him full trust, same as Jupp, that didn't happen under Pep.
Mark my words, he'll leave if Pep stays another year. I don't believe that relationships in the dressing room are the best as what they're trying to sell us…
I've seen an unhappy Kroos last year, where is he today?
Before another one leaves I say PEP RAUS!


He will destroy us and leave a year later. If that happens the fans will never forgive Hoffner and Kalle...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22143 times
Been thanked: 6206 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby FCB general » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:He will destroy us and leave a year later. If that happens the fans will never forgive Hoffner and Kalle...

Well, don't forget Uli in that case. He played a major role(went to New York, had a dinner with him, talked to him, etc.). Nobody can't make a move if he doesn't approve. So it was with Guardiola and everything else.

But exactly this is happening because of our coach. I stopped criticize him and his work, but people around Bayern are obviously divided: either because they like him or because they hate him OR because they disagree with his work and playing style after Jupp's legacy. Despite Bayern broke some records last season, people were unhappy. Then comes the argue about the team's display on the pitch, why attack him or why defend him, etc., etc. It's just like that after more than one and half season. Hey, ONE AND HALF season. Still suffering of some child diseases, still without concrete character, etc.

If it happens as you say mate, then I guess we'll have an exiting future. Maybe then those old stadium chants come back, haha. At least I can joke when I won't angry anymore. :D
Cada loco con su tema.
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6607
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Red Cross
Has thanked: 2701 times
Been thanked: 2909 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby shindouhikaru888 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:28 pm

nm462272 wrote:Anyone who suggests we sell Müller is crazy... the guy will become a Bayern legend

A bayern legend, then the majority of our starting 11 would be one. I see Robben, Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Alaba, and Boateng as future legends already. Maybe i'm crazy, but i'll gladly take 10 mil + his market price or a swap for hazard.
User avatar
shindouhikaru888
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 24 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby pyrasur » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Again the panic because Müller had a bad game, becomes Pep wants Thomas gone. Previous week, people bitch because Pep played Thomas as striker. At this point I'd take Daily Fail or Blue Moon over the soap opera that lately happens here.

Please take two breaths before the next heart attack, and stop making connections up where there are none. Even Arjen Robben is still here. All the talk two years ago, everyone would have made me believe Robben was as good as gone.
Last edited by pyrasur on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2326 times
Been thanked: 1870 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:36 pm

Muller at the WC.. Muller in the important games.. CL final 2012 and 2013 how dangerous and agile he was.. Goals out of the blue, Always working like a crazy horse. Nah.. Even Hazard and his market value i wouldnt trade for Muller.. We need people like him at Bayern, his down to earth style and jokes are awesome. Thats the way players should be, humble and down to earth.
Ottomeister13

 

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:34 pm

pyrasur wrote:Again the panic because Müller had a bad game, becomes Pep wants Thomas gone. Previous week, people bitch because Pep played Thomas as striker. At this point I'd take Daily Fail or Blue Moon over the soap opera that lately happens here.

Please take two breaths before the next heart attack, and stop making connections up where there are none. Even Arjen Robben is still here. All the talk two years ago, everyone would have made me believe Robben was as good as gone.

Precisely. If Lewy doesn't play and Pep uses Müller as a striker, it is because Pep hates Lewy. If Müller stays on the bench (or even underperforms) and Lewy plays as the striker, it is because Pep hates Müller. Come on....... People are just looking for reasons to hate Pep. That being said, Müller IS underperforming lately and I agree, in the case it were Pep or Thomas, Müller comes before Pep.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5518
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2381 times
Been thanked: 2268 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby quaazi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:43 pm

wow, really shouldn't have said that he fumbled a few chances in the past three games or so. :coffee:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby pyrasur » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:44 pm

Müller comes first for me. Lahm, Schweini, and Müller are never going to be forced out in favor of Guardiola. But this is getting old. Way to go quaazi ;)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2326 times
Been thanked: 1870 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby runaway » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:47 pm

If Mueller has actually scored a lot of goals in the past during the same time frame, I would be able to believe that Mueller is not playing well because of Guardiola. But he scored just about the same level. Matchday 18-23 goals: 12/13 = 2. 13/14 = 2. 14/15 = 2. Talk about consistency. :lol:

Is it too out of this world that maybe Mueller is just in a bad form and has little to do with external issues? It's completely natural and even the best of the best players have a down-slope in their form.

If Guardiola doesn't actually like Mueller, he won't play him as Mandzukic and Shaqiri have experienced. Or are we under the impression the Bayern board is copying Barca's board and forcing the coach to use certain players for political reasons? Mueller isn't rotting in the bench and has played the bigger games this season. Pep must really dislike him for that. Must be his new type of kinky torture. 'I hate you, so I'm going to play you so much.' Oh wow, I just realized, Bernat, Neuer, Alonso, Boateng should be added to the list of players Pep hates if that's the case. Quick press the panic button...

But as I've mentioned before, Mueller is not yet producing what was expected of him if we consider the ExpG model, i.e he has been underperforming his expected goal tally. And the main thing is, it's quite a high expectation of him considering he's nowhere near the top league scorer in previous seasons like Lewandowski. A higher goal tally than Robben's ExpG for less amount of shots while Robben is in red-hot form and probably in the (second?) peak of his career. That's a bar set really high for him.

I'd wait for those really crucial games before before concluding anything because those are just the times he really shows up. Where luck and unpredictability plays such a large factor in a game, we usually find the Raumdeuter. If he doesn't, well I guess the sky is really falling.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
User avatar
runaway
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 am
National Flag:
Philippines
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 1162 times

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby JANCKER » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:00 am

He can't kick all the treble winning players in one year, can he? He has enough heat like it is already… If he dares to go further this way, it will be his end.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17588
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9162 times
Been thanked: 8470 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:56 am

Btw, Muller doesnt score all the time, true. But the kind of assist he gives all the time, amaze me aswell.. Doesnt matter if its his chest, his head, foot, knee, achilles heel or his butt.. None assists like he does, some would break their leg while trying to redo it :P
Ottomeister13

 

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:45 am

Yes, but that's not the whole picture. His involvement in games has been down lately. If he usually presses runs and generally involves himself all game long, he is currently going mostly invisible. That's why I think he is underperforming lately, not just because of goals and assists.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5518
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2381 times
Been thanked: 2268 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:39 am

This escalated quickly
Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
National Flag:
Scotland
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 155 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests