You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:05 am

This video is amazing.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:08 pm

So that is (VW's commercial) what he was doing in Barcelona a couple of months back. Case closed I guess.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Re: FC Bayern Special Photos.. !

Postby kod2600 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:51 pm

Thomas Müller aka the Untrollabale :p

My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:50 pm

I wonder sometimes... Has Müller ever been injured?
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Tedesco wrote:I wonder sometimes... Has Müller ever been injured?

How dare you jinx him :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:How dare you jinx him :mrgreen:

God, NO!

I just wonder if he is made of adamantium or something... :lol:
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Tedesco wrote:I wonder sometimes... Has Müller ever been injured?

Last time he was doubtful due to injury, we were playing Bochum. [source]
I don't remember if he ended up playing or not in that match anyway.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Feeling sick != injured

Shit, the man is really made of adamantium. :lol:
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Tedesco wrote:Feeling sick != injured

Shit, the man is really made of adamantium. :lol:

The first post in his thread is about a thigh injury. That injury put him out of this match: http://www.fussballdaten.de/dfb/2012/ac ... bmuenchen/

Apparently it's the only match he missed to injury.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:55 pm

What a champ! =D>
No room for selfish players at Bayern, says Muller [source]

Spoiler: show
The Germany international has insisted that every FCB player will end up on the bench at some point this campaign and must accept this inevitability

Thomas Muller says there is no room for selfish players at Bayern Munich as Pep Guardiola continues his rotation policy.

The 24-year-old remained on the bench for the full 90 minutes in Bayern's 5-0 Bundesliga win over Eintracht Frankfurt at the weekend, along with team-mate Toni Kroos, but understands the method behind his coach's thinking.

"We can only field 11 players. That's no different in the big games. There will be disappointing moments for me, just like for the rest of the squad," Muller was quoted as saying by Kicker.

"We won it all last year because of our togetherness. Of course, I would not be happy if I were to be benched for each important game. There will be disappointments for all of us, though.

"It is important to all act professional and put the team ahead of everything else. We will all get plenty of playing time if we are successful together. There is no room for selfish behaviour at Bayern."

Muller has been a key figure at Bayern in 2013-14, scoring eight goals in 18 Bundesliga appearances.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Badger wrote:Mueller seems to be above criticism in the eyes of some fans, but I feel that there are times when it has to be acknowledged that he didn’t do enough, and the Nurnberg game was one of those occasions.

Saw this on post and i had a lot of stuff to say about Muller so i thought i would post it here:

I agree that compared to most players Muller seems to avoid the brunt of fan hate even when he plays bad but unlike most players Muller always delivers even when he is the worst player on the pitch(which i have yet to see :wink: ). There have been many times this season Muller looks out of sort and i have to admit i do prefer the speed and skill Robben and Ribery add to the wings but imo Muller must always play in the big games. Out of everyone in the squad he will find a way to convert those chances and give the opposition a real fight. Some may be thinking "isn't this why we didnt like Gomez?" and you couldn't be more far off the truth. Muller offers more to the game than just his goals and any Bayern fan can tell you that. His intelligence on the pitch makes up for his lack of technical football that wingers like Robben and Ribery have over him. Also even in his bad form he seems set to become Bayern's top scorer and top assist man this season. Muller's form may fluctuate but the one thing i can say about Muller that i cant about any player in the world is that even when Muller is playing bad he is still helping the team win!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:even when Muller is playing bad he is still helping the team win!

Muller this season seems to be standing out less often than usual, and I think this is why there has been more criticism, even by me, directed towards him. In reality though, he is still delivering just as much as always even if he is not standing out. Muller is the kind of player who does the dirty work but is sometimes not appreciated for it. I have to admit I think that he is no longer as important to the squad as he was a few years ago when we had less quality. We can now play well and win without him. However, he is a unique player and I hope he continues to feature in Bayern's plans.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Toni Kroos

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Müller's track record is too proven for it to drop these days - at 24, he has three CL finals under his belt and has consistently been in the first XI (that is, not being out for a month or more) for around 5 years now. Apart from Lahm, we don't really have an equivalent in the team, and he is 30. I'd say his valuation is just fine.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Badger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Badger wrote:If my quick survey around the main Bunsesliga clubs is correct, that makes him 5th= in the Bundesliga ratings. Only Goetze, Mueller, Ribery and Lewandowski are valued higher, while Schweinsteiger and Reus have a similar value.

I could agree with most of that - except, perhaps for Mueller's rating, which I'd now place on the same level as that of Schweinsteiger, Kroos and Reus. Goetze's I'd leave as it is for now; the potential is there, although I'd still like to see more of it materialising.

quaazi wrote:Müller's track record is too proven for it to drop these days - at 24, he has three CL finals under his belt and has consistently been in the first XI (that is, not being out for a month or more) for around 5 years now. Apart from Lahm, we don't really have an equivalent in the team, and he is 30. I'd say his valuation is just fine.

I don’t dislike Mueller – far from it, in fact – but I feel that, this season, he hasn’t been up to his standard of previous seasons, except in one or two cup matches. And it is probably one of Guardiola's biggest headaches. Looking around the pitch, Mueller seems to be in the shadow of some other player in whichever position he tries. Up front, Mandzukic is delivering a far more consistent, effective game. On the right wing, Robben is playing some of his best football ever. In the central roles in midfield, Mueller has been horribly invisible in several games, while Thiago, Goetze and Kroos are raising the bar game after game in those positions. Mueller has indeed the knack of coming out of nowhere to provide important goals and assists (and take penalties), but it has been barely enough this season in this talented squad. He really needs to deliver for 90 minutes in each game. Hence, my suggestion that I’d prefer to rate his value as 4th= in the Bundesliga rather than 3rd – not a major demotion by any means.

Of course, it is just an opinion, and not worth any significant debate. Others are equally right to have a higher valuation for him.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MatZam » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Badger wrote:
Badger wrote:If my quick survey around the main Bunsesliga clubs is correct, that makes him 5th= in the Bundesliga ratings. Only Goetze, Mueller, Ribery and Lewandowski are valued higher, while Schweinsteiger and Reus have a similar value.

I could agree with most of that - except, perhaps for Mueller's rating, which I'd now place on the same level as that of Schweinsteiger, Kroos and Reus. Goetze's I'd leave as it is for now; the potential is there, although I'd still like to see more of it materialising.

quaazi wrote:Müller's track record is too proven for it to drop these days - at 24, he has three CL finals under his belt and has consistently been in the first XI (that is, not being out for a month or more) for around 5 years now. Apart from Lahm, we don't really have an equivalent in the team, and he is 30. I'd say his valuation is just fine.

I don’t dislike Mueller – far from it, in fact – but I feel that, this season, he hasn’t been up to his standard of previous seasons, except in one or two cup matches. And it is probably one of Guardiola's biggest headaches. Looking around the pitch, Mueller seems to be in the shadow of some other player in whichever position he tries. Up front, Mandzukic is delivering a far more consistent, effective game. On the right wing, Robben is playing some of his best football ever. In the central roles in midfield, Mueller has been horribly invisible in several games, while Thiago, Goetze and Kroos are raising the bar game after game in those positions. Mueller has indeed the knack of coming out of nowhere to provide important goals and assists (and take penalties), but it has been barely enough this season in this talented squad. He really needs to deliver for 90 minutes in each game. Hence, my suggestion that I’d prefer to rate his value as 4th= in the Bundesliga rather than 3rd – not a major demotion by any means.

Of course, it is just an opinion, and not worth any significant debate. Others are equally right to have a higher valuation for him.

Perhaps one of Mueller's best attributes is rather than shining at striker/left winger/right winger/central midfielder, he can fill them all in and still present a good threat to the opponent. Having said that, he has played brilliantly in most of these roles, so I'm not trying to suggest he is a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none either. But modern football emphasises positional switches. Look at United, for example. Their slump is due to a number of factors, but it surely isn't helped by the fact that Kagawa, Rooney and now Mata all play in the same position. I'm sure United would give their right arm to be able to deploy all three of them more effectively at the same time. Mueller allows Bayern to do that, as he fits in (mostly) equally well anywhere across the attacking positions.

PS: Despite the lack of comment about him this season, in goals and assists he is still one of our best players.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion