You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Thomas Müller has not scored for 1038 minutes now. I believe it is his worst scoring drought since becoming a professional player. Here's to hoping he doesn't take too long to regain his form. I think it's time that Uli invited him into his office and close the blinds. He's a tough guy mentally, he can take a Hoeness attack :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:15 pm

I agree. He certainly seems like a guy who'd only benefit from some aggressive criticism.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby eliasov » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:20 am

he must play as #10 he's frustrated under heynckess ... in the NT he performs better on wing because he's playing with Oezil ...
kroos did a decent job this season but still i see him as #8 in an 4-3-3 formation more than #10 , the best thing for Mueller to return to his form is by playing some matches as CAM/SS and he must work on his finishing ... but no doubt about his quality !!
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:27 am

I think the bigger problem is that he's not that good when dominating possession. That's why he is doing so well for Germany. Fast attacks with tons of space, both him and Robben thrive on that kind of play. But Jupp likes to keep the ball, and Müller has to adapt to that. It's also one of the reasons why I want to see Olic given more minutes - Müller really plays on a whole different level when Olic is around because of their movement.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby armbrust » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Thomas Müller has not scored for 1038 minutes now

I dont see whats the problem for a kepper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:59 am

Ribery: "Müller is better on the right"

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/ ... 95430.html
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Greek Bavarian » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:22 am

For Ribery is better because he plays better when Kroos is No.10.
But to be honest even though I love Robben, if Muller can be great winger, Kroos can be a great No.10 and with Shaq as a backup winger I don't know if we should keep Robben.
Even Podolski looks better in my eyes these days.
And I am saying that because Robben had one great thing, after an injury he was on form again immediately, but now even that is not happening. :(
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:03 am

Robben deserves quite a bit more time to prove himself, but it isn't looking good for him at the moment, yes.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby eliasov » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 am

Mueller defends Bayern teammate Robben

MUNICH (AP) -- The player who has taken Arjen Robben's usual place on the Bayern Munich right wing, Thomas Mueller, has defended the Netherlands star against charges of selfishness.
Robben was relegated to the reserves for Bayern's last two games, with Mueller moving into his preferred spot on the right wing rather than playing deeper in the midfield. Bayern has won both games, with Mueller setting up two goals and scoring for the first time since September.
"We've heard this often before, but these charges of egoism don't apply because one of the aspects of Arjen Robben's game is that he is very strong in dribbling and you usually dribble alone,'' Mueller told reporters Tuesday.
Mueller was the top scorer of the 2010 World Cup but accommodating both him and Robben has proven difficult for Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes.
Mueller is most effective on the right wing, as shown again in the last two games.
Bayern began the second half of the season by winning only one of its first three games and fell two points behind defending champion Borussia Dortmund. Heynckes finally reacted by keeping Robben on the bench. The often injured Robben had groin surgery in October and has scored five goals in 12 appearances this season, while playing below par most of the time.
"I had to do something and even make unpopular decisions,'' Heynckes said Tuesday. "But is doesn't mean that Arjen is now the 12th man forever.''
Robben did not come off the bench in German Cup win over Stuttgart and came on in the second half in the 2-0 victory over Kaiserslautern in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
The Dutchman came under fire over the weekend from former Bayern great Franz Beckenbauer, who is now the honorary chairman of the club.
Beckenbauer used a television appearance to accuse Robben of being selfish and egocentric and said the star who led Bayern to a domestic double and the Champions League final in 2010 had used up much of his credit.
Beckenbauer pointed out that Robben had a habit of running to salute his family in the stands, rather than celebrating with teammates after scoring a goal.
"He is selfish like so many others,'' Beckenbauer said. "He has to think more of being useful to the team.''
Bayern captain Philipp Lahm has also defended Robben and said the topic was not part of discussions among the players.
The club has said it was looking to extend Robben's contract beyond 2013 and he has said it was a "formality.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/soccer/02/14/mueller.robben.ap/index.html?

Professional Mueller :)
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Greek Bavarian » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:59 am

I am very happy that his teammates defend him, especially Muller (great kid). =D>
And finally the team must learn to live with more stars that can be starters.
We need more top class players and they can't be all included every time in the starting line-up.
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ronnie98 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:05 am

Against Kaiserslautern, after coming as a sub robben was the same exact player of 09/10 except that he couldn't score. All this talk about Robben losing his form losing his pace or being predictable or could be replaced by any player etc... will vanish pretty soon. For me after the kaiser game, the real Robben that i know was back. The man has only played a few games after suffering the worst injury of his career and everybody is attacking him ferociously?!! The only way you will appreciate his value is when he leaves which is very wrong
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:01 am

Good of Muller to go on record to support his teammate but getting back to his struggles, there has been talk of him not working hard at practice and it's clear something is not right. Whether it's the coach or the current style of play, players need to adapt, that's what makes a good player great. Muller needs to "buy into" the program, it's his job and he'll be more successful if he does so.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:54 pm

The DFL's official magazine conducted a survey with 1st and 2nd division footballers asking them what they think was the biggest invention in human history.

Thomas Müller's answer was the nose hair trimmer! :lol: :lol:

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 16752.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:12 pm

MUTU wrote:Thomas Müller's answer was the nose hair trimmer! :lol: :lol:

He probably remembered his days with Altintop...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:06 pm

I didn't get the Altintop joke :oops:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion