You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:45 pm

He's talking about off the pitch things like expanding to China, New York offices, 70m on new youth campus, etc etc etc. Money that theoretically could've been used in transfers I guess.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:52 am

with Jupp coming back, he has the chance of his life to go back to his old form. I believe in you, Thomas!
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Ed. » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:40 am

#12 wrote:The big mistake is: we were at the top... To stay there, we need 1-2 wc signings every year... The last real wc signing we made was Lewandowski...

Well said. All the verbose discussions as to what is wrong with Bayern can be effectively reduced to this.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:48 pm

One gone Nine to go.

I’ve said this before give him ten consecutive starts and he’ll be back to his best. The Italian destroyed him by not giving him more than three games in succession. Today he looked like a man trying to rediscover himself and anxious at times. That’s why the misplaced passes at times, but he never gave up working his socks off and got an assist for his efforts.

If Müller still sucks after getting a run of ten starts then I’ll be willing to change my mind, until then I’ll hold Carlo’s irresponsibile and unfair handling of Thomas as the reason for his loss of form.
Last edited by America USA on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:58 pm

America USA wrote:
The Italian destroyed him by not giving him more than three games in succession.

Really?
https://www.transfermarkt.de/thomas-mul ... aison=2016
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:03 pm

^ Maybe I used hyperbole.

You really are a hater can’t even appreciate an assist created all by himself. ](*,)

P.S. saw the reception he got when he was subbed? If Thomas is sold the club will lose the locals and the ultras would mutiny at the Allianz.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:05 pm

America USA wrote:^ Maybe I used hyperbole.

You really are a hater can’t even appreciate an assist created all by himself. ](*,)

:lol:
Because I disprove your claim? If that is the case I gladly take on the role of the villain.
Maybe I should really take the easy way out and put everything on the coach like you do. :coffee:

PS: I would appreciate it if Müller played well again rather than us selling him, as I actually respect him as a character. In fact there's nothing I would want more for the sake of this club than Müller regaining his form.
Last edited by bastos80 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:06 pm

bastos80 wrote:
America USA wrote:
The Italian destroyed him by not giving him more than three games in succession.

Really?
https://www.transfermarkt.de/thomas-mul ... aison=2016

lol
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:25 pm

I don’t usually defend players and put the blame entirely on the manager, but the Italian was that damn bad. It seems his single ambition was to sabotage Germany’s top WC scorer by not playing him at all or playing him in a totally unnatural position, isolated out wide on the right in a 433.

I too would like to see what all of James-Thomas-Robben can do together.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:01 am

Well blaming the coach isn't going to solve anyone's problems soon. Worse yet when you consider a coach that went by the quality of his players on a tactically poor laissez faire regime. Then there's the one before that who had a tactically rigid system where Muller already showed poor performances and got benched while maintaining the most minutes of any player on the field.

As a matter of fact, the season when Muller got the LESS minutes since his ascension to first division, 8 years in total, was in fact the 12-13 period under . . . Well everyone knows under who.

So the question is should the coach be blamed for his performances? Or should the player?

It is certain he will not be able to stay afloat if we go by his last performance; one in which he got subbed off . . . for good reason. Despite having some very good contributions (goal number four was all his, from turnover to assist) he also got some dismal (to be polite) numbers.

Worst tracking back rate of any attacker on the pitch. Matter of fact is even some defenders ran more than him.
Less sprints than any attacker on the pitch.
0 shots on goal. None, zippo, nada, zilch.
Average on total passes along with Lewan and Robben but . . .
. . . Muller got the worst passing rate of any player on the pitch. As a matter of fact, he got subbed off for misplacing close to half of his passes on Saturday.

Muller is not a bad player. He averages exactly 13 goals per season in and out (maybe that's where his jersey number comes from in Germany) and around the same number of assists.

His statistic about gaming time above is contrasted by his gaming numbers internationally. The season when he got the most playing time in Europe since get got top flight was, indeed, the 12-13 season when he scored 8, assisted two on 1,045" of playing time.

So you have a player who shows pretty bad numbers despite having the most playing time of anyone else on the pitch (exceptions apply) whereas he can be deadly when he wants to on more open, international, make or break games.

So you have a cool headed international wizard who can be deadly as long as he is giving international playing time.

Sounds to me like one hell of a CL starter.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:27 am

Muller is a strange player. He's not the best out there, but when used correctly, he really brings something unique to football that over the years has brought about many goals for Bayern and Germany. That's why I partly blame Ancelotti: he had no clue how to use him. Pep benched him in many big games too, but that didn't really affect his performances. Pep's third season was Muller's best statistically. And then we suddenly got Ancelotti he just became this really terrible player who makes you wonder what he's doing in a top 4 Bundesliga team, let alone Bayern.

That's why I don't think lack of playing time is to blame. But still, as much as I like Muller, it has to be said: we can't build a team and tactics around him just so he can start every game. Coman and Thiago are performing well. James, I think, will too. Muller has to earn his place because he hasn't done anything to deserve it for months. Heynckes does know how to use him better, it might be a good tactical change late game to sub him in, until he starts performing.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:29 am

Two down Eight to go.

Once he’s had a run of ten consecutive games I’m positive Thomas will be back to his best again. In these two games, he already has an assist and a goal!

And once again when he has a decent game the team performance goes up as well!
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:04 am

A great game today, for large portions he looked more threatening than Lewandowski IMO.....would've never said that a few months ago
aterford
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:12 am

aterford wrote:A great game today, for large portions he looked more threatening than Lewandowski IMO.....would've never said that a few months ago

Yes, though his first half was much better than his second, I felt.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:01 am

aterford wrote:A great game today, for large portions he looked more threatening than Lewandowski IMO.....would've never said that a few months ago

All our forwards were more dangerous than Lewa i think
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion