You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Per TEAMTALK:

Thomas Muller has admitted that he did once consider a move to Manchester United, but couldn’t tear himself away from Bayern Munich.

The German was heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford during Louis van Gaal’s time in charge, and Muller at one stage looked likely to make the switch.

However, he says it did not take long to commit his future to Bayern – just because of how much they wanted him.

“There was a stage when the subject arose two years ago when I considered it, but then the club immediately backed me and I was told I belong here,” he told German magazine Kicker.

“I didn’t have to think about it a great deal after Bayern said we are counting on you and that you are an important man for us.”
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Ancelotti is trying to ruin the German core as much as his predecessor.
Objective: to f ck up the NT

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:26 pm

JANCKER wrote:It didn't look good for him in the previous season, I expect it to look even worst this season... at the end of the season, it'll most likely be Muller or Ancelotti.

I had the same feelings 2 years ago... I'm sure that we'll have a new manager at the end of the season. Working for 5 seasons under two managers who underappreciated him... what a waste.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Pelin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:35 pm

This all problems are because of Carlo's lacking equity.Last season, he overplayed Alonso and this also created problems. Now he is overplaying Ribery.
First of all, our coach must know how to get the best out of his wingers and Müller.

He created a free role for Müller in 4-4-2, which didn't work for 2 games. Play Müller at trequartista and at the center of the game, otherwise you won't get his maximum.

We need Coman's dynamism and tracking back on the left, while we can get scoring contribution from James/Robben wing. We need a balance.otherwise, playing both Robbery vs a strong team will create problem for us.

Do you remember that he tried a 4-3-3 with one regista and two mezz'alas, Müller at RW, Alonso at regista, our game was horrible and we hardly create something. Ribery was in form so we only lost 13 points. Carlo's problem is this. He overplays some experienced players and tries to invent game plans for them. Even though it doesn't work, he is still persistent.

Just play the best game plan for the team.

Let's talk about our problems vs Hoffenheim

-We couldn't stretch the play.
-We didn't use our right wing efficiently.
-Müller's free role didn't work
-we played with 2 registas, with their clear roles was not clear.
-Defence and Manu were sleeping since we conceded 2 goals from half chances.

this is why l always said that our MGT must interfere Carlo, preventing him overplaying some players and inventing new game plans which doesn't work in order to overplaying his favourites.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Pelin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:06 pm

JANCKER wrote:
JANCKER wrote:It didn't look good for him in the previous season, I expect it to look even worst this season... at the end of the season, it'll most likely be Muller or Ancelotti.

I had the same feelings 2 years ago... I'm sure that we'll have a new manager at the end of the season. Working for 5 seasons under two managers who underappreciated him... what a waste.

Heynckes was rotating him and Kroos for trequartista as well, yet Müller was younger and his perfonmances at RW was decent at that time.

-Team defence
-Balance
-Controlling the midfield.
-Defensive organization.
-Dynamism.
-enough creativity.

in order to win CL, we must be good at all of this factors.

Pep's philosophy was great for Bundesliga, especially vs small teams. if you want to win your league, Pep is great coach, however if you want to win CL, not a good choice.

Bayern's MGT biggest mistake was bringing him to replace Heynckes.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 am

Give Thomas Müller ten consecutive starts and I guarantee you that he'll be back at his best. Let's see Bayern's next ten fixtures.

Home vs Anderlecht
Home vs Mainz
Away vs Schalke
Home vs Wolfsburg
Away vs PSG
Away vs Berlin
Home vs Freiburg
Home vs Celtic
Away vs Hamburg
Away vs Leipzig

Five home fixtures and the only away ones that could be a worry are PSG, Leipzig, Berlin and maybe Schalke. If only Carlo could give Thomas a lil bit of the Xabi treatment, that'd be great.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:06 am

The trouble is that Ancelotti keeps trotting him out as a winger in a 4-3-3. this simply doesn't work. And don't give me that "Why is that a problem, he plays fine on the wing for Germany" Müller plays well on the wing for Germany...When they play 4-2-3-1. Not when it's 4-3-3. The organization and spacing is all different.
It is plain as day to anyone who has watched virtually any Bayern match before 2016/2017 that Müller plays best out wide in 4-2-3-1 or even better behind striker in 4-2-3-1. For whatever reason Ancelotti doesn't see this or chooses to ignore it.
Frankly, I think it is the latter.
Part of me thinks that Carlo keeps giving Müller minutes at winger in 4-3-3 because he knows it's not Müller's best position. That way he can say "I played him" or "I started him" but also gives him justification for not playing him because he can point to these appearances and say "look he didn't perform well".
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:35 am

aterford wrote:Part of me thinks that Carlo keeps giving Müller minutes at winger in 4-3-3 because he knows it's not Müller's best position. That way he can say "I played him" or "I started him" but also gives him justification for not playing him because he can point to these appearances and say "look he didn't perform well".

I am not sure about that. I see it more like that 4-3-3 is Ancelotti's preferred formation and he insists that all players must adapt, this even explains his insistence on playing Ribery because he is a true winger or Alonso because he is a true central midfielder. Some coaches are like that, while others reshuffle the formation based on the characteristics of the available players.

Other than that you are spot on, I will even say that Muller on the wing in a 4-2-3-1 (if he has a good RB overlapping when Muller goes on free floating mode) is more effective than Muller as a 10 or as a pure second striker. Muller excels when he pops up in the box by surprise.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:50 pm

aterford wrote:The trouble is that Ancelotti keeps trotting him out as a winger in a 4-3-3. this simply doesn't work. And don't give me that "Why is that a problem, he plays fine on the wing for Germany" Müller plays well on the wing for Germany...When they play 4-2-3-1. Not when it's 4-3-3. The organization and spacing is all different.
It is plain as day to anyone who has watched virtually any Bayern match before 2016/2017 that Müller plays best out wide in 4-2-3-1 or even better behind striker in 4-2-3-1. For whatever reason Ancelotti doesn't see this or chooses to ignore it.
Frankly, I think it is the latter.
Part of me thinks that Carlo keeps giving Müller minutes at winger in 4-3-3 because he knows it's not Müller's best position. That way he can say "I played him" or "I started him" but also gives him justification for not playing him because he can point to these appearances and say "look he didn't perform well".

Last season maybe he started slowly, but right now this is pretty much it. Muller is being asked to play as a typical winger who hugs the sideline. That never was or will be his game. Maybe we can play a bit more Christmas tree, 4-3-2-1 with him and James around Lewa. But in order to do that, you need at least one if not both fullbacks to consistently bomb forward and provide width. Alaba can do that, but first he needs to rediscover a bit of an offensive rhythm, and second, the central defenders need to be more solid. Without Boa, that is a difficult proposition.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:12 am

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Of course not naming his Golden Boot award in Africa (and missing it by a goal in Brazil) was so clever by DW. :roll:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Mueller thanks us
https://twitter.com/esmuellert_/status/ ... 9077025793

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Good game from him today, usual presence all over the pitch.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:30 pm

He must be the most unselfish player out there. He took the "team player" role to another level.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Once again Müller plays best behind Lewa. Why Ancelotti dismantled the duo that did so well in Pep's last season is beyond me.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion