You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby Bazi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:49 am

Aaah come one, I'm a huge fan of Müller on the position behind Gomez and therefore he is still in front of Toni Kroos but Müller or Ribéry? In my personal opinion that's no comparison because on the left wing he has no chance against the brilliancy of the Frenchman and I'm a 100% certain that he'll only play there when Ribéry is injured.

About the Müller / Kroos duel. I strongly believe that no player in the starting eleven should take his own slot for granted. Not Mario Gomez, not Franck Ribéry, not Bastian Schweinsteiger and not Thomas Müller and therefore I value current form higher than past achievements. So I ask myself who is in better shape and from whom will the team benefit the most. In this context it is my personal opinion that the decision between Müller and Kroos will be a tough one.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Element » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Bazi wrote:Aaah come one, I'm a huge fan of Müller on the position behind Gomez and therefore he is still in front of Toni Kroos but Müller or Ribéry? In my personal opinion that's no comparison because on the left wing he has no chance against the brilliancy of the Frenchman and I'm a 100% certain that he'll only play there when Ribéry is injured.

I also LIKE MUELLER AS Second Striker

and I am one of the few users who still say that Ribery has more skill than Arjen Robben when both are fit

what i meant is the LEVEL

Mueller is up there with the other 4 Superstars we have (Robben , Ribery , Lahm and Schweinsteiger)

and his starting position in the team is or at least should be as safe as theirs
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:20 pm

Bazi wrote:the decision between Müller and Kroos will be a tough one.

Kroos' shots on goal: one score, some good, some off. Getting better though. Assists are pretty decent. No dribbling, a bit on the slow side.
Mueller as CAM= 4+ induced penalties so far this season. Assists are AWESOME, even to Kroos, and some posts or sick misses.
I think Mueller has the advantage.

I like your writing BTW, welcome to the forum.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Bazi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Truth be told there is no player at Bayern München that could compete in any way with Robbéry or is anywhere near their level on these two particular positions. Furthermore I totally acknowledge the quality of Thomas Müller (which is close to the level of both wingers) but on his best position as second striker / offensive midfielder (behind Gomez, whatever) there is someone that is very near to his level. Someone who has different but nevertheless extraordinary qualities that might be less valuable than Müllers in some circumstances and more valuable in other circumstances.

To be honest I don't think that this situation is bad at all. It's competition that keeps players sharp and focused on the ultimate goal and when both players force each other to train harder and reduce their weaknesses who were we to permanently and unchangeably favor one player over the other?
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:40 am

huknife wrote:ooh you don't want to undermine Thomas Muller on this forum.

You got that right. Just look at my signature, and quaazi's, and at most of Aequitas' posts. :lol: Well, everyone else loves Muller too.

Kroos is a good player, and I agree that current form is better than past achievements. I also agree that it is great that we have both Kroos and Muller in our squad. They are quite different even if the play the same position. Muller is more like a second striker, Kroos the classical CAM. It is great that we not only have two good players for the position, but also that they are different kinds of players. Perhaps in certain games Kroos might be a better choice.

It is the same with Gustavo and Tymo, although those two are at a much closer level to each other than Muller and Kroos. I believe that the one to play should depend on the opponent in the case of Gustavo/Tymo, at least judging by current form.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CroCHEF » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:58 pm

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OhioFan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:49 am

CroCHEF wrote:http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=3800

Great clip, thanks.
“That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.” (Pope Francis prayer intention for October, 2017)
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby armbrust » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Now we know who will be the GK in case Neuer gets a red car with no subs left.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Muller with gloves :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:16 pm

armbrust wrote:Now we know who will be the GK in case Neuer gets a red car with no subs left.

This was what I was thinking too :) Thanks for the share crochef!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:25 am

He is nominated to win the Ballon D'Or :)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1785/fifa-w ... naldo-make
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Congratulations to him, but he has 0 chance of winning it. But good job nonetheless! :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Yeah, none of our players really have any chance because of how bad we were last season. I'm kinda surprised they got nominated actually.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:03 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Is anyone else a bit worried about Muller's reaction to LVG's dismissal?

He's a great player, no doubt, but there's no doubt that LVG had a lot of faith in Muller. Muller made his breakthrough under LVG, and he became an indispensable player to us. Prior to the WC, he wasn't performing well in the big games (such as the CL), yet LVG kept on trusting him.

And there's no doubt that Muller himself has great respect for LVG. He showed that at the WC, when he said that the team played like a team coached by "Louis van Loew".

I am sure that Muller will move on and play his best soon, but it might affect him for a couple of games and we need him to be at his best more than ever.

I wonder if what I thought would come during Jonker's time, has come later....
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Eh, he's playing well for Germany. It's a system problem more likely.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion